University of Houston Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jun 6, 2017

2.4

132 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Teaching Assistant Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at University of Houston.

Interview

It was a one on one behavioral interview conducted by the director & the program manager. Very cordial yet very professional and objective interview. I had contacted the program manager through email, after reviewing my resume, they called me for an interview.

Intramural Sports Official Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at University of Houston (Houston, TX).

Interview

Hiring process is mainly training clinics to prove that you are competent enough to do the job and you have basic skills required for it. An understanding of the sport is vital to being successful

Research Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at University of Houston (Houston, TX) in January 2017.

Interview

Email contact based on qualifications. Asked questions related to my courses at my University. Asked questions on SQL, EXCEL, statistics and SPSS. Asked me one question on resolving a SPSS script error. They also asked me about my experience. Additionally they asked about the assignments as a research Assistant.

Proctor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at University of Houston (Houston, TX).

Interview

An interview was very quick - less than 15 minutes, i believe. 90% of the time she was describing the rules and position requirements. You have to work more on mid-terms and finals dates. NO tuition waiver at business CASA location.

Teaching Assistant Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at University of Houston.

Interview

It was a face to face interview with three person panel. It lasted for about 30 mins. As it was a C/C+
    Teaching Assistant position, there was a coding test too

Student Worker Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at University of Houston (Houston, TX) in September 2016.

Interview

- Dressed in a Business Casual attire
    - The interviewer will review your resume and address your skills and work experience
    -Lastly she/he will describe the work that will be done in the office as a student worker
    -one on one interview
    -she will then review your skills and then talk to the Department Chair and give you a call

Teacher LCC Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at University of Houston (Houston, TX).

Interview

Standard interview. There were 3 supervisors and 2 teachers present in the panel. Having so many people there made it slightly nerve-wracking, I suppose. Everyone was extremely friendly, however, and made me feel comfortable. The questions were by-the-book. I don't think they were allowed to deviate from the sheet they were looking at. They took turns asking basic questions about how I teach, techniques, how I work with others, handle a class etc....

Interview Questions

• What does a class with you look like? (Something to that extent)   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at University of Houston.

Interview

A typical panel interview. I saw at a table in a conference room with four other people. They went in order and asked questions. From interview to hire took about 3 weeks.

Interview Questions

• Name your 3 biggest strengths... followed by, and your 3 biggest weaknesses.   Answer Question

Program Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at University of Houston (Houston, TX) in February 2016.

Interview

Met with a group of higher up staff. Everyone took a turn asking general interview questions, not intimidating, very nice. They seemed very interested in making sure they were picking the right person.

Interview Questions

• What are your long-term and short-term goals?   1 Answer

Human Resources Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Huston, ID

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at University of Houston (Huston, ID) in January 2016.

Interview

Overall very professional, very friendly and understanding non intimidating recruiters. I really liked how they welcomed me and gave me a tour of the campus, such as that wouldn't be necessary. Workers there seemed happy when I toured from department to department. The University of Huston seemed like they really honestly and genuinely cared about their employees. That's what made me want to work for them.