University of Houston Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Apr 13, 2017

2.5

Records Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at University of Houston (Houston, TX).

Interview

The first interview was very comfortable, even though there were three people interviewing me: two direct supervisors and their supervisor. About two weeks after the first interview, I was called for a second interview with the division director, which was even more comfortable and informal. The division director wanted to get a feel for my personality, so it was basically a 10-15 minute chat about random things, and he let me know at the end that I was recommended to be hired. I got a call the following week with the job offer!

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your experience and how you feel it pertains to this position.   Answer Question
    • What is one time you made a mistake, and how did you fix it and prevent it from happening again?   Answer Question

Associate Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at University of Houston (Houston, TX).

Interview

Applied online and had two interviews. The process took about 2 months. Everyone seemed pleasant and I was asked to attend a meeting. Seemed like a good idea at the time and figured it would give me a chance to meet my potential future coworkers. Unfortunately, since it was an actual meeting there was no engagement and no one asked me any questions nor I them. However, I sensed that I was being closely evaluated. In retrospect I should have politely declined to attend the meeting. A brief lunch would have been better and would have provided an opportunity for some engagement.

Interview Questions

• Give an example of when your work was used to help make decisions.   Answer Question

Communications Coordinator Interview

Application

The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at University of Houston.

Interview

Recieved a call to set up and interview about 3weeks after submission. Interviewed by hiring manager and 2 other people in the department. Interview was straightforward typical questions and behavioral scenarios.

Interview Questions

Interview

The interview was very straightforward, no brain benders, no ethical questions. Questions asked were about availability, previous work experience, and job recruiter tried to identify myself and see if I would be a good fit for her office's cultre

Interview Questions

• basic questions about availability and previous work esxperience   1 Answer

Graduate Teaching Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at University of Houston (Houston, TX) in August 2015.

Interview

Just sending Emails, UH evaluated students, then based on their GPA, being international, being full-time, and any available previous employment records at UH made the decision.At the and they send us approval letter.

Interview Questions

• are you full time student?   1 Answer

Web Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at University of Houston (Houston, TX).

Interview

Interviewed in front of entire department of about 6 people. Asked standard interviews questions about background and experience. Asked to recreate a webpage to assess skill level. Showed samples of previous work.

Interview Questions

• What is your experience in building websites? What's your biggest flaw? Name a time you were faced with a difficult decision.   Answer Question

Instructional Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at University of Houston (Houston, TX) in August 2015.

Interview

Basic behavioral questions, questions about information listed on the resume. Nothing much on details, it is usually a two member panelist and if you have precious experience on that field even better.

Interview Questions

• What do you expect to gain out of this job at the end of one year   Answer Question

Academic Support Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at University of Houston (Houston, TX) in August 2015.

Interview

They would would contact you after you submit the application, which includes your transcript and once you are on the interview they would ask you about your previous experiences as a tutor and you answer how have you dealt helping out people and how comfortable you feel tutoring certain classes. They also explained your roles and duties as a tutor and how would the working environment be.

Interview Questions

• What where your previous tutoring experiences and where?   1 Answer

Graduate Research Assistant Interview

Application

Interview

The interview process was fairly straight-forward. I was asked basic questions regarding the skills that they were looking for. These skills were made known beforehand using a questionnaire that we were asked to complete one day before the interview.

Lecturer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at University of Houston (Houston, TX).

Interview

Hired through their online portal where applicants need to submit their profile and apply to a position. Such a method doesn't provide a clear understanding of the preliminary timeline. There are no notifications signifying whether someone reviewed your application or not. However, in about 3 weeks I received a phone call during which we scheduled a meeting.

Interview Questions

• Q: Questions about the area knowledge were asked by the immediate supervisor
      Q: Questions about teaching philosophy were asked by the chair of the department
      There were a few general questions, like 'why do you want to teach here?' and 'describe your previous experiences'
      Answer Question