University of Houston Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.4

132 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Admissions Assistant I Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at University of Houston (Houston, TX) in January 2016.

Interview

Very brief, they asked why you applied for this position. There were about three people in the interview they were very nice. Asked if you know what FERPA is. Most of the questions were about how well you worked with others and with students. Like I said it wasn’t very long at all it was nice.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time where you had to settle a complaint for a customer (i.e. faculty, staff or student).   Answer Question

Personal Trainer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at University of Houston (Houston, TX) in January 2016.

Interview

background information reguarding your experience in fitness and why it is you want to be a trainer. 1-2 week long shadowing process in which you observe current PTs on how they perform fitness assessments and training sessions.

Teaching Assistant Interview

Application

Interview

It was a face to face interview with three person panel. It lasted for about 30 mins. As it was a C/C+
    Teaching Assistant position, there was a coding test too

Graduate Research Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at University of Houston (Houston, TX) in January 2016.

Interview

The professor was very friendly and asked me why I was interested in getting the position of research assistant and that what my fields of interests were. The professors are very friendly and I would recommend visiting their websites or offices and inquire about opening of such positions.

Interview Questions

• What are your research interests?   1 Answer

Records Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at University of Houston (Houston, TX).

Interview

The first interview was very comfortable, even though there were three people interviewing me: two direct supervisors and their supervisor. About two weeks after the first interview, I was called for a second interview with the division director, which was even more comfortable and informal. The division director wanted to get a feel for my personality, so it was basically a 10-15 minute chat about random things, and he let me know at the end that I was recommended to be hired. I got a call the following week with the job offer!

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your experience and how you feel it pertains to this position.   Answer Question
    • What is one time you made a mistake, and how did you fix it and prevent it from happening again?   Answer Question

Associate Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at University of Houston (Houston, TX).

Interview

Applied online and had two interviews. The process took about 2 months. Everyone seemed pleasant and I was asked to attend a meeting. Seemed like a good idea at the time and figured it would give me a chance to meet my potential future coworkers. Unfortunately, since it was an actual meeting there was no engagement and no one asked me any questions nor I them. However, I sensed that I was being closely evaluated. In retrospect I should have politely declined to attend the meeting. A brief lunch would have been better and would have provided an opportunity for some engagement.

Interview Questions

• Give an example of when your work was used to help make decisions.   Answer Question

Communications Coordinator Interview

Application

The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at University of Houston.

Interview

Recieved a call to set up and interview about 3weeks after submission. Interviewed by hiring manager and 2 other people in the department. Interview was straightforward typical questions and behavioral scenarios.

Interview Questions

Interview

The interview was very straightforward, no brain benders, no ethical questions. Questions asked were about availability, previous work experience, and job recruiter tried to identify myself and see if I would be a good fit for her office's cultre

Interview Questions

• basic questions about availability and previous work esxperience   1 Answer

Office Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at University of Houston (Houston, TX) in September 2015.

Interview

Consisted of applying online, waiting for a call, then coming into the office for a very friendly interview. Got back to me within the week. Extremely friendly staff that want to help you out.

Graduate Teaching Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at University of Houston (Houston, TX) in August 2015.

Interview

Just sending Emails, UH evaluated students, then based on their GPA, being international, being full-time, and any available previous employment records at UH made the decision.At the and they send us approval letter.