University of Houston Postdoctoral Fellow Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Sep 27, 2017

2.0

5 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at University of Houston (Houston, TX) in May 2017.

Interview

Saw the online posting on the professor's research website. Applied via email to the professor. Got replies and scheduled a phone interview. I presented my Ph.D. defense PPT to the professor and he asked questions.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for University of Houston

Postdoctoral Fellow Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at University of Houston.

Interview

just a phone interview... about research

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at University of Houston (Houston, TX) in January 2013.

Interview

The interview process is essentially a formality. Hiring decision are made prior to actually meeting anyone, and are based on publication record, references, and personal connections. Research cares little for personality traits, like extroversion or even ambition. All they want is a proficient worker who doesn't mind the tedium of lab work. You could be full blown Autistic and it wouldn't matter. Anyway, the important thing is to have personal connections with whoever is running the lab. If you're on good terms with him or her, you'll probably get the job. It was important to speak honestly about you abilities, but not be hesitant to state that you are good at something.

Interview Questions

• Can you keep doing what you did in the previous lab you worked in?
      How long will it take before you're ready to start?
      When can you have this project completed by?   Answer Question

Negotiation

There were no negotiations.

Postdoctoral Fellow Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at University of Houston in April 2011.

Interview

I didn't actually have a interview

Postdoctoral Fellow Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at University of Houston in September 2007.

Interview

Traveled to location, presented, had several discussions about position, was offered the position, answered positively.

Interview Questions

• What was the rationale of your latest project and why you chose to pursue it in that manner ?   1 Answer