University of Houston Research Assistant Interview Questions | Glassdoor

University of Houston Research Assistant Interview Questions

Updated Jan 16, 2017

2.8

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at University of Houston (Houston, TX) in January 2017.

Interview

Email contact based on qualifications. Asked questions related to my courses at my University. Asked questions on SQL, EXCEL, statistics and SPSS. Asked me one question on resolving a SPSS script error. They also asked me about my experience. Additionally they asked about the assignments as a research Assistant.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for University of Houston

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at University of Houston (Houston, TX) in October 2014.

Interview

A skype interview for one hour on my engineering basics specifically on fluid mechanics, computational fluid dynamics. The interview was focused on how much i am willing to learn and work rather than how much previous knowledge i have on the subject.

Interview Questions

• What software do i use to perform simulations for CFD   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at University of Houston (Houston, TX) in April 2014.

Interview

whether you get the job is mainly based on your gpa. If you took some related courses and got high score, the professor will be more than happy to recruit you, good luck

Research Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at University of Houston.

Interview

At that time I already get into second round and wait for professors to pick, one Electromagnectic professor gave me an phone call and interviewed me ,all the process is basically free talk, the important question might be what is your GPA, what is your standing in class, How many courses have you take in Math or physics, what's your faverate area to research and study, future plan to research. basically free talk about your study and future plan,

Interview Questions

• what are Maxwell equations ,told me about how did you understand them.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at University of Houston (Houston, TX) in January 2014.

Interview

Note: this was at the law school. It was kind of a no-brainer, honestly, because I'd already taken two classes and knew the hiring professor well, plus I'd done well in his classes and made a point of being an active class participant. I don't know if he even interviewed anyone else, and I got the job.

Interview Questions

• The only difficult question was determining when I could work for him amidst all my other myriad school responsibilities.   Answer Question

I got a better offer in the interim.

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I interviewed at University of Houston (Houston, TX) in January 2014.

Interview

Positions for Research Assistants are based on individual research for the Masters Program which are consistent with the needs and direction of federal funding for NSF research. Hiring Managers are typically Associate Professors, with ongoing research in a dedicated field of study. Potential candidates are identified by Project Managers or Associate Professors, which have hand selected exceptional Masters students based on professional experience and comprehensive understanding of Network Communication Engineering. The Associate Professors interview selectively based on recommendations and resume screening processes.

Once the candidates are narrowed down, a face-to-face interview is conducted with validation of core components needed to continue existing research and configuration work for publication and presentation at multiple preselected conferences.

Research Assistant positions require ability to conduct complex network activites, detailed research in new networking technologies and exceptional public speaking skills for presentation of work

Interview Questions

• Interview questions consist of technical and interpersonal scenarios which the Research Assistant will be required to execute. Specific questions regarding programming languages, syntax, and documentation practices are discussed and used to determine level of proficiency in these areas. Candidates are questioned on their professional and personal objectives to ensure there is alignment with the core Research goals.

Since research is a continuation of previous works, questions regarding publications produced from that department are asked.
      Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at University of Houston (Houston, TX) in December 2013.

Interview

Had to meet with the professor several times to complete tasks in each round. Ask you basic skillset but mostly technical and expect much more knowledge as it gets tougher.

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at University of Houston (Houston, TX).

Interview

good and amazing experience with University of Houston

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at University of Houston (Houston, TX).

Interview

Just try to talk with my current advisor, it's very easy

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at University of Houston (Houston, TX) in January 2011.

Interview

my supervisor called in and discuss about my research interests, we discussed about some of his researches and some of my ideas which might work for him. The whole process is pretty easy and it was not long, only took half an hour, and several days later I got an offer from the department.