University of Idaho Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Aug 10, 2017

2.4

Facilities Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Moscow, ID

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at University of Idaho (Moscow, ID) in June 2016.

Interview

I was questioned by three members of the facilities department roughly 5 minutes prior to my requested interview time (I had shown up early so this was a pleasant surprise). They were professional and approachable. They went with another applicant but informed me a few days after the interview that I had not been selected which I greatly appreciated.

Research Aide Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at University of Idaho in March 2016.

Interview

The interview process was easy. The committee was kind and thorough. Mainly they just wanted to know about my research experience. They told me they were interviewing only 3 other candidates. Unfortunately, it took a very long time for them to fill the position. I interviewed the beginning of March and did not hear back until mid-May.

Professor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Moscow, ID

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at University of Idaho (Moscow, ID).

Interview

45 minute telephone interview; then daylong campus visit with teaching and research presentations, and individual 30 minute meetings with individual faculty, and a campus tour; start and end day with the Dean of the college. Pretty typical campus visit process. They are looking for "fit".

Interview Questions

• Tell us what interests you about this position and why you think that you would be a good fit?   Answer Question

Advisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Moscow, ID

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at University of Idaho (Moscow, ID).

Interview

Phone interview and then in-person Skype for second round. Panel interview with several staff members. A lot of behavioral questions ("tell me about a time when...") were asked, and they covered the types of things called for in the written job description. It is helpful to be sure to read the job posting closely and address all of the qualifications in your interview answers.

Interview Questions

• Can you give an example of a time your received constructive criticism or feedback? How did you handle it?   Answer Question

Temporary Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Moscow, ID

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at University of Idaho (Moscow, ID) in March 2015.

Interview

it was face-to-face interview. it was my first time to face interview in USA. It was some management types questions and related to my fields. I tried to give all answers of the questions which was asking by Interviewer. And in first attempt I got the offer to work in reputed University.

Academic Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Moscow, ID

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at University of Idaho (Moscow, ID) in January 2015.

Interview

Panel of interviewers sits and asks you questions as a group. They just went through the list of questions and it was informal and comfortable. I think there were 4 or 5 people on the panel.

Research Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Moscow, ID

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at University of Idaho (Moscow, ID) in March 2014.

Interview

Short, sweet and to the point interview. I was quickly hired after the interview. Met with the employer one on one shortly after approaching them about an internship through a different program. While I didn't receive the internship, my employer quickly offered me a job after asking about what lab experience I had.

Graduate Research Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Moscow, ID

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at University of Idaho (Moscow, ID) in August 2013.

Interview

There was no real interview I talked with a professor that I was interested working with during my M.S. program and they had funding for a project that interested me so I applied to the College of Graduate Studies. I do believe that my experience was different then most peoples experience in that there are usually more people interested in a particular project.

Sign Language Interpreter Interview

Anonymous Employee in Moscow, ID

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at University of Idaho (Moscow, ID) in August 2013.

Interview

Written application processed and interview with the Director of Student services with drug test and background checked after the intital interview and selected for the position and travel pay negotiated.

Assistant Professor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Moscow, ID

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at University of Idaho (Moscow, ID) in February 2012.

Interview

Apply online and got an interview. I got a call from the dept chair to arrange for the interview. The process was normal for an academic job. The interview went well. I got the job.

Interview Questions

• What course would you like to teach? Describe your research   Answer Question