University of Illinois Interview Questions in Champaign, IL | Glassdoor

2.2

14 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

IT Support Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Champaign, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at University of Illinois (Champaign, IL).

Interview

Once you applied and Staff HR reviewed your application and resume, if you were selected as qualified, your application and resume would be sent to the hiring manager and they distribute to the interview committee. Then you are called to schedule 1 round of phone interviews. If selected as qualified after the phone interview, you are called to schedule 1 round of in person interviews. Questions fairly standard across the board, but with IT related questions also involved.

Anonymous Employee in Urbana, IL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at University of Illinois (Urbana, IL) in August 2016.

Interview

If they saw interest from you, they were willing to work with you. They asked about my knowledge in the field as well as what I have heard/ know about the research I would be doing. Other than that there was not much to it in my situation.

Interview Questions

• What would you like to achieve/ learn from this experience?   Answer Question

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Champaign, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at University of Illinois (Champaign, IL) in August 2016.

Interview

Applied for a part time position. One on one interview with HR rep. Very straightforward behavioral questions. They did not ask any technical questions, presumably because they would train you if you got the job.

Interview Questions

• How would you deal with an upset customer over the phone?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Urbana, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at University of Illinois (Urbana, IL) in June 2016.

Interview

It is fluent and not hard. During the interview process, professor looked at my transcript and asked me to introduce myself about my courses and projects. The process was quite relaxing

Tech Crew Interview

Anonymous Employee in Champaign, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at University of Illinois (Champaign, IL) in February 2015.

Interview

After being a SiteCon for more than a semester one can apply for this post. If found suitable the manager will send an email and call you in for a one on one interview process. The questions were realated to system administration and also tested basic computer networking knowledge

Enterprise Systems Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Urbana, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at University of Illinois (Urbana, IL) in November 2014.

Interview

Interviewed by a committee of 5 people. They took turns asking questions about my past experience and how it applied to the new position. There was an introduction phase where all of the committee members introduced themselves, then a round of questions and then a brief description of the position and people that work in the department.

Cook Interview

Anonymous Employee in Urbana, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at University of Illinois (Urbana, IL) in May 2014.

Interview

Had the opportunity to work with some of the employees prior to the interview, The interview was relaxed and gave me the opportunity to ask all the questions that I had. The interviewer explained all job requirements and explained basic policies and procedure and scheduled an orientation for me.

Interview Questions

• How Flexible was my schedule/   1 Answer

Front Desk Interview

Anonymous Employee in Champaign, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at University of Illinois (Champaign, IL) in February 2013.

Interview

My availability and if I would be able to work summers. Went in, met some of the employees and went to my former boss' office to talk. We discussed my availability and I gave her my resume and class schedule so that we could work my working hours around it. We also discussed whether or not I would be available to work during summers, which was what they were specifically looking for in new hires since they were short employees during their summer hours.

Tutor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Champaign, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at University of Illinois (Champaign, IL) in February 2012.

Interview

I had a on-site interview with the hiring manager. I was asked about the stuff on my resume and some behavior questions. I got the offer the next day.

Interview Questions

• Tell me three things about you that are not on your resume   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Champaign, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at University of Illinois (Champaign, IL) in January 2012.

Interview

The interview process is pretty standard. First I talk to supervisor over the phone, then I was invited for a lab visit. There were five rounds of interview. First I talk to the senior members of the office, then I talk to the supervisor again. The people are very friendly. However several technical questions, including previous experience were asked.