University of Illinois Interview Questions in Champaign, IL | Glassdoor

Updated Dec 28, 2016

2.1

Research Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Urbana, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at University of Illinois (Urbana, IL) in June 2016.

Interview

It is fluent and not hard. During the interview process, professor looked at my transcript and asked me to introduce myself about my courses and projects. The process was quite relaxing

Tech Crew Interview

Anonymous Employee in Champaign, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at University of Illinois (Champaign, IL) in February 2015.

Interview

After being a SiteCon for more than a semester one can apply for this post. If found suitable the manager will send an email and call you in for a one on one interview process. The questions were realated to system administration and also tested basic computer networking knowledge

Front Desk Interview

Anonymous Employee in Champaign, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at University of Illinois (Champaign, IL) in February 2013.

Interview

My availability and if I would be able to work summers. Went in, met some of the employees and went to my former boss' office to talk. We discussed my availability and I gave her my resume and class schedule so that we could work my working hours around it. We also discussed whether or not I would be available to work during summers, which was what they were specifically looking for in new hires since they were short employees during their summer hours.

Tutor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Champaign, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at University of Illinois (Champaign, IL) in February 2012.

Interview

I had a on-site interview with the hiring manager. I was asked about the stuff on my resume and some behavior questions. I got the offer the next day.

Interview Questions

• Tell me three things about you that are not on your resume   Answer Question

Research Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Champaign, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at University of Illinois (Champaign, IL) in January 2012.

Interview

The interview process is pretty standard. First I talk to supervisor over the phone, then I was invited for a lab visit. There were five rounds of interview. First I talk to the senior members of the office, then I talk to the supervisor again. The people are very friendly. However several technical questions, including previous experience were asked.

Photography Interview

Anonymous Employee in Urbana, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at University of Illinois (Urbana, IL) in December 2011.

Interview

Basic application with resume sent to an email address leading to an interview with two employees. I was asked fairly standard interview questions along with questions regarding my experience with photography. Having worked with cameras and processing in Adobe Photoshop for a few years prior seemed to impress the interviewers and secure the position for me.

Interview Questions

• What is your experience with photography?   1 Answer

Undergraduate Research Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Urbana, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at University of Illinois (Urbana, IL) in February 2011.

Interview

Easy, just know what research position you are interviewing for and demonstrate your enthusiasm.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about this field   1 Answer

Tutor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Urbana, IL

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at University of Illinois (Urbana, IL) in January 2010.

Interview

Received a call asking me to schedule an in person interview. The in person interview was fairly informal and relatively straight forward.

Interview Questions

• If you were a sandwich, what kind would you be? And why?   1 Answer

Negotiation

No, a per hour wage was given.

Graduate Research Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Urbana, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at University of Illinois (Urbana, IL) in May 2009.

Interview

Received a letter to visit University of Illinois campus. Had a chance to meet other prospective graduate students, and other current graduate students. Had a couple of department activities including dinner and information regarding the program. Also had the opportunity to meet with 3 faculty members we were interested in working with.

Interview Questions

• Did not receive many questions. But had the opportunity to ask a few faculty about their laboratory research.   Answer Question

Negotiation

There was no negotiation phase.