University of Illinois Hospital & Health Sciences System Interview Questions | Glassdoor

University of Illinois Hospital & Health Sciences System Interview Questions

Interviews at University of Illinois Hospital & Health Sciences System

2.4

Interviews for Top Jobs at University of Illinois Hospital & Health Sciences System

Clerical Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at University of Illinois Hospital & Health Sciences System.

Interview

very easy, mostly related to current position applied for. nothing much to worry about. This is regarding in house positions. you take the civil service test, place on the register, get call for an interview. then you wait to be selected. may happen but may never happen unless you know someone in the department.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

there was none.

Physical Therapy Aide Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at University of Illinois Hospital & Health Sciences System (Chicago, IL) in January 2017.

Interview

Brief and straight to the point. The interviewer was very kind and thoughtful. Did not feel tension or any kind of awkwardness. They were honest about the position and straight forward. They do want to hear your plans and goals. Be honest and straight up with them and they will do the same. The interview took about a total of 30 or 40 minutes. They speak to you 1 on 1 and ask you a lot of open ended questions and just want to hear your thoughts.

EMT Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at University of Illinois Hospital & Health Sciences System (Chicago, IL) in July 2014.

Interview

I met with the nurse manager, one of the administrative nurses, and some other guy who works in the ED (still not sure what his official title is). Pretty standard interview, some typical pre-baked interview questions. It was pretty low pressure. As long as you have a good idea what you are getting yourself into working as an EMT in the ED, and are confident that you want to take it on, should be a piece of cake. The biggest issue is getting through all the red tape to get the interview and get on the schedule.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you had a problem with someone you were working on a team with and how you resolved it.   Answer Question

Registered Nurse Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at University of Illinois Hospital & Health Sciences System.

Interview

I applied online and they did not get back to me a month later. I received a call directly from someone on the unit, interviewed with the nurse manager and another nurse (charge nurse/someone who has been there a while), They had a sheet of questions they were to ask me and we went one by one and they wrote down my answers. The interview took about 35-40 minutes, I did not get a tour of the unit, the nurse walked me out to the elevators. most of the questions were your basic interview questions you can find online, others I was not prepared for but not difficult to create an answer quickly.

Billing Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at University of Illinois Hospital & Health Sciences System (Chicago, IL).

Interview

This position was dedicated to UIC students. I had one phone interview and later was offered the position. I spoke to two employees from the department I later worked in during the phone interview.

Interview Questions

• They basically just asked me why I was interested in the position and about some of the experience I had listed on my resume. The second half of the interview was them filling me in about the position.   Answer Question

Community Health Worker Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at University of Illinois Hospital & Health Sciences System (Chicago, IL) in December 2015.

Interview

Open ended, One on one. Personable but non-intrusive. I was very luck to be interviewed by the person who would be my supervisor. I had every question answered . It was average in level of stress. Once the interview was done I was introduced to members of upper management, given a tour of the work spaces and had an opportunity to observe what I would be doing as a new hire.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work in the field of Community health.   1 Answer

New Grad Registered Nurse Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at University of Illinois Hospital & Health Sciences System (Chicago, IL) in May 2016.

Interview

Took place in the office of the nurse manager with the nurse manager and the nurse educator. Both take turns asking questions. It felt like I was having a normal conversation with the nursing manager. He asked me to tell him about me and he gave you a chance to ask him about himself. I felt very comfortable during the interview.