University of Illinois Hospital & Health Sciences System Interview Questions

Updated Mar 29, 2021

To filter interviews, or .
Found 10 of over 10 interviews

Employee Referral11%
Campus Recruiting11%
2.6
HardAverageEasy

Interviews for Top Jobs at University of Illinois Hospital & Health Sciences System

University of Illinois Hospital & Health Sciences System

Application

I interviewed at University of Illinois Hospital & Health Sciences System

Interview

Phone interview with manager, then a week later, interview with the team and had to take an exam. The exam wasn’t easy. Everything wasn’t as organize as it should be.

Interview Questions
  • Why UI health? What is your role and responsibilities at your current role?
    Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 week. I interviewed at University of Illinois Hospital & Health Sciences System (Chicago, IL)

Interview

I’m very disappointed with my experience with this company. The manager called me to schedule an in person interview and didn’t even mention what hospital he was from, I had to Google his name to find out. I drove an hour to interview at this hospital and it turns out the manager called in sick that day and failed to let me know or reschedule the interview. A manager from a different floor said that she would interview me after she was done with a meeting in about 30 minutes. I waited in the lobby for over an hour and just ended up leaving without interviewing. I do not want to work for a company that doesn’t value my time. The manager was very apologetic and nice; everyone seemed nice there but it was very unprofessional and a bad experience.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Application

Interview

I applied online and they did not get back to me a month later. I received a call directly from someone on the unit, interviewed with the nurse manager and another nurse (charge nurse/someone who has been there a while), They had a sheet of questions they were to ask me and we went one by one and they wrote down my answers. The interview took about 35-40 minutes, I did not get a tour of the unit, the nurse walked me out to the elevators. most of the questions were your basic interview questions you can find online, others I was not prepared for but not difficult to create an answer quickly.

Interview Questions
1 person found this interview helpful

Application

Interview

This position was dedicated to UIC students. I had one phone interview and later was offered the position. I spoke to two employees from the department I later worked in during the phone interview.

Interview Questions
  • They basically just asked me why I was interested in the position and about some of the experience I had listed on my resume. The second half of the interview was them filling me in about the position.

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at University of Illinois Hospital & Health Sciences System (Chicago, IL) in Jan 2017

Interview

Brief and straight to the point. The interviewer was very kind and thoughtful. Did not feel tension or any kind of awkwardness. They were honest about the position and straight forward. They do want to hear your plans and goals. Be honest and straight up with them and they will do the same. The interview took about a total of 30 or 40 minutes. They speak to you 1 on 1 and ask you a lot of open ended questions and just want to hear your thoughts.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at University of Illinois Hospital & Health Sciences System (Chicago, IL) in Aug 2016

Interview

I applied on the hospital website. The administrative assistant called me to set up an interview. The interview was at the unit I applied for, in the manager's office. It was the manager and the CNII that interviewed me. It lasted about 30-45 minutes. They asked me a list of questions, about two pages long.

Interview Questions
  • What are your weaknesses? What are your goals in the next 5 years? Why are you interested in UIC? How have you work experience prepared you for this position?

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at University of Illinois Hospital & Health Sciences System (Chicago, IL) in May 2016

Interview

Took place in the office of the nurse manager with the nurse manager and the nurse educator. Both take turns asking questions. It felt like I was having a normal conversation with the nursing manager. He asked me to tell him about me and he gave you a chance to ask him about himself. I felt very comfortable during the interview.

Interview Questions
1 person found this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at University of Illinois Hospital & Health Sciences System (Chicago, IL) in Dec 2015

Interview

Open ended, One on one. Personable but non-intrusive. I was very luck to be interviewed by the person who would be my supervisor. I had every question answered . It was average in level of stress. Once the interview was done I was introduced to members of upper management, given a tour of the work spaces and had an opportunity to observe what I would be doing as a new hire.

Interview Questions
  • Why do you want to work in the field of Community health.

University of Illinois Hospital & Health Sciences System

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at University of Illinois Hospital & Health Sciences System

Interview

very easy, mostly related to current position applied for. nothing much to worry about. This is regarding in house positions. you take the civil service test, place on the register, get call for an interview. then you wait to be selected. may happen but may never happen unless you know someone in the department.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at University of Illinois Hospital & Health Sciences System (Chicago, IL) in Jul 2014

Interview

I met with the nurse manager, one of the administrative nurses, and some other guy who works in the ED (still not sure what his official title is). Pretty standard interview, some typical pre-baked interview questions. It was pretty low pressure. As long as you have a good idea what you are getting yourself into working as an EMT in the ED, and are confident that you want to take it on, should be a piece of cake. The biggest issue is getting through all the red tape to get the interview and get on the schedule.

Interview Questions
  • Tell me about a time when you had a problem with someone you were working on a team with and how you resolved it.
Viewing 1 - 10 of 10 Interviews
RSS Feed</>Embed

Popular Careers with University of Illinois Hospital & Health Sciences System Job Seekers

JobsSalariesInterviews

Work at University of Illinois Hospital & Health Sciences System? Share Your Experiences

University of Illinois Hospital & Health Sciences System logo