University of Illinois Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated May 22, 2018

2.3

Photography Interview

Anonymous Employee in Urbana, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at University of Illinois (Urbana, IL) in December 2011.

Interview

Basic application with resume sent to an email address leading to an interview with two employees. I was asked fairly standard interview questions along with questions regarding my experience with photography. Having worked with cameras and processing in Adobe Photoshop for a few years prior seemed to impress the interviewers and secure the position for me.

Interview Questions

• What is your experience with photography?   1 Answer

Web Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at University of Illinois (Chicago, IL) in August 2015.

Interview

The interview was pretty much simple. First I was asked through email for my availability for an interview . I told them and then a 1:1 interview took place after a week. The manager asked few questions about my previous experience. She saw some of the real websites which I have already developed. She got impress and then gave the job at the spot to me. As I was the one who interviewd at the last she hired me.

Interview Questions

• What is your programming background.?Some real examples of web development   Answer Question

Internship Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at University of Illinois in April 2015.

Interview

The interview was a single phone conference interview with several people from the department. They asked typical interview questions, non of which threw me off. The interview lasted about an hour.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Champaign, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at University of Illinois (Champaign, IL) in February 2016.

Interview

They asked questions about my major, my interests, and my extracurricular activities. They took a look at grades, asked behavioral questions, asked job related questions. They had professors and interns interview me.

Interview Questions

• If you could go back in time, which historical figure would you like to meet?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at University of Illinois in May 2013.

Interview

short interview. easy job description. ability to work in teams and independently. Need to have working knowledge of laboratory buffer and solution preparation. Upper level life science majors are perfect for this job. best job I've ever had.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

N/A

Media Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at University of Illinois (Chicago, IL) in July 2013.

Interview

Met with a room of various constituents for about an hour. Completed a phone interview and salary review. I was offered the job only because I was able to accept a lower salary requirement. The interview experience was about average, not over the top.

Undergraduate Research Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Urbana, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at University of Illinois (Urbana, IL) in February 2011.

Interview

Easy, just know what research position you are interviewing for and demonstrate your enthusiasm.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about this field   1 Answer

Benefit Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lombard, IL

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at University of Illinois (Lombard, IL) in September 2016.

Interview

Dress professional, Describe your job responsibilities, What is your typical day is like, What is the potential growth and advancement on the job, How is this firm structured. What do you enjoy most about the organization you work for. What company did you enjoy most working for and why? How did you decide work for this organization?

Interview Questions

• Why are a good fit for this position.   1 Answer

Graduate Research Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Urbana, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at University of Illinois (Urbana, IL) in May 2009.

Interview

Received a letter to visit University of Illinois campus. Had a chance to meet other prospective graduate students, and other current graduate students. Had a couple of department activities including dinner and information regarding the program. Also had the opportunity to meet with 3 faculty members we were interested in working with.

Interview Questions

• Did not receive many questions. But had the opportunity to ask a few faculty about their laboratory research.   Answer Question

Negotiation

There was no negotiation phase.

Front Desk Interview

Anonymous Employee in Champaign, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at University of Illinois (Champaign, IL) in February 2013.

Interview

My availability and if I would be able to work summers. Went in, met some of the employees and went to my former boss' office to talk. We discussed my availability and I gave her my resume and class schedule so that we could work my working hours around it. We also discussed whether or not I would be available to work during summers, which was what they were specifically looking for in new hires since they were short employees during their summer hours.