University of Illinois Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Feb 12, 2018

2.3

IT Support Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Champaign, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at University of Illinois (Champaign, IL).

Interview

Once you applied and Staff HR reviewed your application and resume, if you were selected as qualified, your application and resume would be sent to the hiring manager and they distribute to the interview committee. Then you are called to schedule 1 round of phone interviews. If selected as qualified after the phone interview, you are called to schedule 1 round of in person interviews. Questions fairly standard across the board, but with IT related questions also involved.

Front Desk Clerk Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at University of Illinois.

Interview

Very Easy. I met with the Housing Supervisor and some other potential clerks. She explained the job position and how we would have to be flexible. Everyone received the opportunity to become trained and if you passed the training after 8 weeks or so, you received a position.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at University of Illinois.

Interview

When, I applied for this position, I applied online. Then I had to take a secretarial test and typing exam. They called me back based on my test results. Within a week after testing, I had an interview. I really don't recall the turnaround time after the interview but it was not long at all.

Desk Clerk Interview

Anonymous Employee in Urbana, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at University of Illinois (Urbana, IL) in November 2016.

Interview

Very easy interview experience, all behavioral questions!
    Interviewed by senior desk clerks and area secretary.
    Talked about what was expected and if I had any concerns.
    Overall a very easy and quick process. Basically just show you could watch a desk and answer the phone.

Human Resources Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Urbana, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at University of Illinois (Urbana, IL) in October 2016.

Interview

It was normal. I was asked a variety of questions on procedures and policies, confidentiality, social interactions, office culture, customer service, years of experience and ability to perform the job.

I was told that I would hear back from the company within two weeks it took over a month to hear back from anyone. I interviewed with two people. I was shown my station.

Interview Questions

• What did you do at your last job?   1 Answer

Academic Coach Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at University of Illinois.

Interview

Go over scernarios about what you would do in the position and also gave you a run down of the position and what it entails. Pretty straightforward. Gave you time to think about if you wanted to accept the position or not so that was great, but already knew I wanted to work here.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if this was the case? How would you handle this? Can you think of a time? etc etc etc.   Answer Question

Benefit Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lombard, IL

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at University of Illinois (Lombard, IL) in September 2016.

Interview

Dress professional, Describe your job responsibilities, What is your typical day is like, What is the potential growth and advancement on the job, How is this firm structured. What do you enjoy most about the organization you work for. What company did you enjoy most working for and why? How did you decide work for this organization?

Interview Questions

• Why are a good fit for this position.   1 Answer

Research Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Urbana, IL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at University of Illinois (Urbana, IL) in August 2016.

Interview

If they saw interest from you, they were willing to work with you. They asked about my knowledge in the field as well as what I have heard/ know about the research I would be doing. Other than that there was not much to it in my situation.

Interview Questions

• What would you like to achieve/ learn from this experience?   Answer Question

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Champaign, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at University of Illinois (Champaign, IL) in August 2016.

Interview

Applied for a part time position. One on one interview with HR rep. Very straightforward behavioral questions. They did not ask any technical questions, presumably because they would train you if you got the job.

Interview Questions

• How would you deal with an upset customer over the phone?   Answer Question

Registered Nurse Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at University of Illinois (Chicago, IL) in July 2016.

Interview

mostly based on evals they read off a sheet of paper. Interview with about 8 people in a group and each one goes around asking a question. Interview lasted for about 45 minutes.

Interview Questions

• How to handle a difficult co-worker, why this position   1 Answer