University of Illinois at Chicago Interview Questions in Chicago, IL | Glassdoor

University of Illinois at Chicago Interview Questions in Chicago, IL

Updated Feb 17, 2017

2.4

Development Officer- Assistant Director of Participation Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at University of Illinois at Chicago (Chicago, IL) in May 2016.

Interview

This was the worst interview experience I've ever had. I arrive about 10 minutes early & had to go find and office in in the building. Knocked on the door and was told the interview didn't start till 9:30 and was send to wait in the cafe in the lobby 20 some floors below. I looked at my phone as I got in the elevator...it was 9:23. And this was the HR professional I was meeting with. Then I was walked across campus to meet with someone who was waiting for us in the building we had already been in and had to come all the way back. I could tell from the beginning that they already knew who they were hiring and I was not even in contention. One lady didn't even bring questions to ask me. Overall it was extremely unorganized. I would not interview for a development position here again if paired up with the same HR woman and annual giving team. Over all I am glad they didn't offer me the position because I did not like the job that much and I would have taken it just to be able to move to Chicago.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your experience using and pulling data?   1 Answer

Academic Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at University of Illinois at Chicago (Chicago, IL).

Interview

Interview I = Pre-Screening questions emailed by hiring manager. About 7 questions (300 word max each). Questions used to gauge experience dealing with students 1:1 and coordinating workshops. Straight-forward questions.
    Interview II = Phone interview with hiring manager asking similar questions as the pre-screening questionnaire.
    Interview III = In person interview on campus.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about you experience interacting with students one on one.
      Why did you apply for this position?
      Tell me about your experience coordinating small group workshops/guest speakers.
      Answer Question

Clinical Research Coordinator Interview

Application

Interview

a face to face interview was conducted with a group of 4 members and for one position and then we introduced ourselves and described about their clinical research trials and what they will be doing and it went on then asked me couple of questions and the process went on for 1hr

Graduate Research Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at University of Illinois at Chicago (Chicago, IL) in January 2016.

Interview

Coding and in person, 7 on 1 interview panel. Focus on coding languages and SQL skills. Languages to be known, Python, PHP, Java and familiarity with Oracle and MySql , skilled in SQL and PLSQL scripts

Postdoctoral Fellow Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at University of Illinois at Chicago (Chicago, IL) in October 2015.

Interview

I had sent a mail of interest to the professor. He asked to come and meet in him person.The professor interviewed me for 30 minutes. Discussed my work and their work and the collaboration that we could make. It would be simpler if you meet in person than in emails. Better chances of getting employed if you have a working visa (J-1 or J-2 or H-1).
    Asked me to volunteer for some time in order to analyze my skills and applicability of my profile in their lab. After I was able to successfully complete a particular task provided to me, I was told that I had passed the interview test and that he would be glad to offer me a position.
    Overall experience was good and I felt confident throughout the interview process

Interview Questions

• How do you think we can benefit by employing you?   1 Answer

Negotiation

I was not given an option to negotiate. He offered me the position stating that he had limited funds and that it is all he can offer

Human Resources Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at University of Illinois at Chicago (Chicago, IL).

Interview

Interview was with the head of dept., associate head of department, finance manager and director of the writing program. General interview questions were asked along with details surrounding my background and experience.

Research Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at University of Illinois at Chicago (Chicago, IL) in August 2015.

Interview

Applied online, had a short phone screen (about the job, nothing was asked about me), and an in-person interview.

Was asked for references, didn't get a response when they said (multiple times) I'd have one by. (This university has a habit of not giving responses, just send a polite email with an answer!)

Interview Questions

• No questions about me were asked--nothing about education, experience, or skills. Questions were behavioral based regarding the school values.   1 Answer

Registered Nurse- Mother/Baby Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at University of Illinois at Chicago (Chicago, IL) in August 2015.

Interview

First interview with manager of the floor. Very simple, basic questions. Second interview- panel interview with the nurses on the floor. More difficult behavioral type questions that need specific examples.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at University of Illinois at Chicago (Chicago, IL) in August 2015.

Interview

discussed about past relevant experiences...and the role i was being offered...i was told about organisational structure as well...it took 3-4 weeks to get me on board with the HR process.

Interview Questions

• What are your technical skills that can be used for our dept?   1 Answer

Negotiation

It was fixed..no negotiations

Teaching Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at University of Illinois at Chicago (Chicago, IL) in August 2015.

Interview

Actually, there is no such interview thing. If you are seeking a doctor degree, and getting the assistantship as a TA. The department will email the contract for you. And you just sign up the contract.

Interview Questions

• How to deal with some special situations when being a TA .   Answer Question