University of Illinois at Chicago Interview Questions in Chicago, IL | Glassdoor

University of Illinois at Chicago Interview Questions in Chicago, IL

Updated Oct 23, 2017

2.4

73 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Security Guard Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at University of Illinois at Chicago (Chicago, IL) in June 2017.

Interview

We only had 10 minutes MAX for the interview so the questions were, what I would call, “normal interview questions”. Asking a lot about how you adjust to changes in the workplace. So be prepared for some rather “rough” and intimadating faces.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work here?   Answer Question
    • How well do you adjust to change?   Answer Question
    • When was a time that a customer gave you a hard time about something and you had no help, how did you manage?   Answer Question

Librarian Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at University of Illinois at Chicago (Chicago, IL).

Interview

I was contacted a few weeks after applying, had a phone interview a few days after that (about 45 minutes with the search committee). Did not come in for an interview for another month after that. Had to put together a presentation, which was presented in front of about 20 library staff. There were a couple of interviews with individuals, but also interviews with groups. The interview lasted a little over a half day and included lunch with staff. Received a personalized rejection a month later.

Junior Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at University of Illinois at Chicago (Chicago, IL) in December 2016.

Interview

I applied for the position online. Later, was offered an interview with the Associate Director. The process took about 3-4 weeks. Further, I was called for a second interview where they gave me an offer right away.

Interview Questions

• Difference between Angel Investors and Venture Capitalists   Answer Question

Postdoctoral Research Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at University of Illinois at Chicago (Chicago, IL) in June 2016.

Interview

2 Physicians interviewed me for about an hour. Very relaxed. They called to set up the interview after a few weeks of having my CV. I felt right at home.

Development Officer- Assistant Director of Participation Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at University of Illinois at Chicago (Chicago, IL) in May 2016.

Interview

This was the worst interview experience I've ever had. I arrive about 10 minutes early & had to go find and office in in the building. Knocked on the door and was told the interview didn't start till 9:30 and was send to wait in the cafe in the lobby 20 some floors below. I looked at my phone as I got in the elevator...it was 9:23. And this was the HR professional I was meeting with. Then I was walked across campus to meet with someone who was waiting for us in the building we had already been in and had to come all the way back. I could tell from the beginning that they already knew who they were hiring and I was not even in contention. One lady didn't even bring questions to ask me. Overall it was extremely unorganized. I would not interview for a development position here again if paired up with the same HR woman and annual giving team. Over all I am glad they didn't offer me the position because I did not like the job that much and I would have taken it just to be able to move to Chicago.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your experience using and pulling data?   1 Answer

Clinical Research Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at University of Illinois at Chicago (Chicago, IL).

Interview

a face to face interview was conducted with a group of 4 members and for one position and then we introduced ourselves and described about their clinical research trials and what they will be doing and it went on then asked me couple of questions and the process went on for 1hr

Graduate Research Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at University of Illinois at Chicago (Chicago, IL) in January 2016.

Interview

Coding and in person, 7 on 1 interview panel. Focus on coding languages and SQL skills. Languages to be known, Python, PHP, Java and familiarity with Oracle and MySql , skilled in SQL and PLSQL scripts

Postdoctoral Fellow Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at University of Illinois at Chicago (Chicago, IL) in October 2015.

Interview

I had sent a mail of interest to the professor. He asked to come and meet in him person.The professor interviewed me for 30 minutes. Discussed my work and their work and the collaboration that we could make. It would be simpler if you meet in person than in emails. Better chances of getting employed if you have a working visa (J-1 or J-2 or H-1).
    Asked me to volunteer for some time in order to analyze my skills and applicability of my profile in their lab. After I was able to successfully complete a particular task provided to me, I was told that I had passed the interview test and that he would be glad to offer me a position.
    Overall experience was good and I felt confident throughout the interview process

Interview Questions

• How do you think we can benefit by employing you?   1 Answer

Negotiation

I was not given an option to negotiate. He offered me the position stating that he had limited funds and that it is all he can offer

Sales Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at University of Illinois at Chicago (Chicago, IL) in October 2015.

Interview

It was good. The manager wanted to know test my knowledge on the electronic products used in retail and in general my knowledge on computers. It was not too hard to crack.

Human Resources Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at University of Illinois at Chicago (Chicago, IL).

Interview

Interview was with the head of dept., associate head of department, finance manager and director of the writing program. General interview questions were asked along with details surrounding my background and experience.