University of Illinois at Chicago Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Apr 18, 2017

2.5

Librarian Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at University of Illinois at Chicago (Chicago, IL).

Interview

I was contacted a few weeks after applying, had a phone interview a few days after that (about 45 minutes with the search committee). Did not come in for an interview for another month after that. Had to put together a presentation, which was presented in front of about 20 library staff. There were a couple of interviews with individuals, but also interviews with groups. The interview lasted a little over a half day and included lunch with staff. Received a personalized rejection a month later.

Development Officer- Assistant Director of Participation Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at University of Illinois at Chicago (Chicago, IL) in May 2016.

Interview

This was the worst interview experience I've ever had. I arrive about 10 minutes early & had to go find and office in in the building. Knocked on the door and was told the interview didn't start till 9:30 and was send to wait in the cafe in the lobby 20 some floors below. I looked at my phone as I got in the elevator...it was 9:23. And this was the HR professional I was meeting with. Then I was walked across campus to meet with someone who was waiting for us in the building we had already been in and had to come all the way back. I could tell from the beginning that they already knew who they were hiring and I was not even in contention. One lady didn't even bring questions to ask me. Overall it was extremely unorganized. I would not interview for a development position here again if paired up with the same HR woman and annual giving team. Over all I am glad they didn't offer me the position because I did not like the job that much and I would have taken it just to be able to move to Chicago.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your experience using and pulling data?   1 Answer

Graduate Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at University of Illinois at Chicago.

Interview

The interviewer usually ask very specific job related questions and they sometimes ask you to do a demonstration or presentation of what you have done and capable of. And they will ask you about the time commitment.

Interview Questions

• How do you rate your Excel skill level?   1 Answer

Tutor Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at University of Illinois at Chicago.

Interview

questions on basic knowledge of course related material. Must show sufficiency in topic. They usually hire if you got an A. Much less likely if you got a B or lower.

Interview Questions

• How well did you do in related course.   1 Answer

IT Support Specialist Interview

Interview

Mostly questions were from Networking and computer hardware issues
    Questions about technical support
    Questions about website maintenance
    Questions about • Provided Tier 1 and Tier 2 technical support for 90+ clients across the college
    • Created tickets for all user requests, projects and submitted weekly reports to file issues, clients’ needs and feedbacks
    • Researched, troubleshot and resolved the issues with Desktop computer/ Laptop hardware (internal and external) and networking peripherals
    • Supported LAN/WAN infrastructure, virtual private network setups and assisted in network connections, network issues and security measures to protect data, software and hardware
    • Maintained and modified department’s website as per clients’ requests
    • Created, configured deployed and troubleshot group policies with Microsoft Active Directory
    How to decode if printer in network is not functioning?
    Questions about printer issue

Interview Questions

• How to decode if printer in network is not functioning?
      Mostly questions were from Networking and computer hardware issues
      Questions about technical support
      Questions about website maintenance
      • Maintained and modified department’s website as per clients’ requests
      How to decode if printer in network is not functioning?
      Questions about printer issue
      1 Answer

Negotiation

It was gud

Clinical Research Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at University of Illinois at Chicago (Chicago, IL).

Interview

a face to face interview was conducted with a group of 4 members and for one position and then we introduced ourselves and described about their clinical research trials and what they will be doing and it went on then asked me couple of questions and the process went on for 1hr

Graduate Research Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at University of Illinois at Chicago (Chicago, IL) in January 2016.

Interview

Coding and in person, 7 on 1 interview panel. Focus on coding languages and SQL skills. Languages to be known, Python, PHP, Java and familiarity with Oracle and MySql , skilled in SQL and PLSQL scripts

Research Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at University of Illinois at Chicago.

Interview

Pretty easy. Simple questions about your job history as well as your background in engineering. As long as you can relate and talk normally then it will be easy. I heard back from them a week later after doing the interview.

Postdoctoral Fellow Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at University of Illinois at Chicago (Chicago, IL) in October 2015.

Interview

I had sent a mail of interest to the professor. He asked to come and meet in him person.The professor interviewed me for 30 minutes. Discussed my work and their work and the collaboration that we could make. It would be simpler if you meet in person than in emails. Better chances of getting employed if you have a working visa (J-1 or J-2 or H-1).
    Asked me to volunteer for some time in order to analyze my skills and applicability of my profile in their lab. After I was able to successfully complete a particular task provided to me, I was told that I had passed the interview test and that he would be glad to offer me a position.
    Overall experience was good and I felt confident throughout the interview process

Interview Questions

• How do you think we can benefit by employing you?   1 Answer

Negotiation

I was not given an option to negotiate. He offered me the position stating that he had limited funds and that it is all he can offer

Sales Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at University of Illinois at Chicago (Chicago, IL) in October 2015.

Interview

It was good. The manager wanted to know test my knowledge on the electronic products used in retail and in general my knowledge on computers. It was not too hard to crack.