University of Illinois at Chicago Research Specialist Interview Questions | Glassdoor

University of Illinois at Chicago Research Specialist Interview Questions

Updated Jun 29, 2017

2.4

5 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at University of Illinois at Chicago (Chicago, IL) in May 2015.

Interview

My boss didn't really ask much because my boss wanted someone young and are willing to learn. It was pretty much going over the job requirements because the person was leaving. Mostly the work was being presented.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at University of Illinois at Chicago.

Interview

Semi-formal. One on one general telephonic interview and on-site interview scheduling. Onsite interview was 1:1 with the PI. Discussion about the ongoing researches in the PI's lab, inquiries about previous experiences listed on the resume. Questions involved a few behavioral types just to gauge the applicant's motivation and capabilities. Interview lasted for little more than an hour. Job offered the next day.

Negotiation

Budgets are tight and salary scales are followed based on the funding organization's or the university's compensation policies.

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at University of Illinois at Chicago (Chicago, IL) in December 2010.

Interview

Interview consisted of back ground detail discussion especially the relevant projects done

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at University of Illinois at Chicago (Chicago, IL) in January 2010.

Interview

Had a friend referring me to the position, received an phone interview from the P.I. after sending my resume, met with him the next day and received the offer within a week

Interview Questions

• Details of my previous projects   1 Answer

Visiting Research Specialist Interview

Application

Interview

It was easy. The primary investigator invited me to interview, and scheduled for a convenient time. After our interview, he gave me a tour of the facility, introduced me to team members, and took time to answer my questions. The HR liaison for the department very kindly took care of numerous administrative tasks for me such as scheduling employee orientation. Benefits were easy to set up, as it is a guided online process.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I was given an offer that exceeded my expectations, and accepted right away.