University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign Interview Questions in Champaign, IL | Glassdoor

University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign Interview Questions in Champaign, IL

Updated Sep 25, 2017

2.3

98 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Student Services Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Champaign, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign (Champaign, IL).

Interview

After submitting an application, I heard from the search committee within a couple of weeks for the interview. I then interviewed in person with the committee and waited to see if I advanced. There was a second round with the program director and associate director. It took some time, but the interview process itself was not bad.

Interview Questions

• What are some trends that you see in online learning and how to advocate for students.   Answer Question

Assistant University Counsel Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Urbana, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign (Urbana, IL) in April 2017.

Interview

I was interviewed by both University counsel and an HR representative. All were very pleasant, but questions were very standard and scripted. This was the first interview; the successful candidate will have three interviews total.

Information Technology Interview

Anonymous Employee in Champaign, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign (Champaign, IL) in April 2017.

Interview

A brief personal interview. Asked simple questions about myself but the interviewees were interested in what I have done in my previous experience. They asked technical questions and were willing to teach something new if the candidates does not have the skills.

Web Applications Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Champaign, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign (Champaign, IL) in March 2017.

Interview

Few days after the closing date I got an email for the Job interview. First round was a phone interview that lasts for about 20 minutes which includes set of behavioral and technical questions. Second round was in person interview with two rounds. First round includes a presentation followed by Q&A session with interview committee. Second round was with manager. Both rounds have technical and behavioral questions.

Graduate Teaching Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Champaign, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign (Champaign, IL) in March 2017.

Interview

It was fairly casual. A lot of teaching assistants are required, so its usually easy to get an assistantship as a grad student. The process for applying for TAship is different for each department.

Applications Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Champaign, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign (Champaign, IL).

Interview

The interview process is a 2 stage process. The first interview is a phone interview, with a combination of technical and behavioral questions. The final interview is a multi-stage process, including a presentation, with a Q & A session at the end. The Q & A is not just about the the presentation. There can also be some general interview questions. The 2nd part is a one hour interview with the placement committee. The 3rd part is an interview with the hiring manager. Unlike other interviews, there was no initial screening interview by HR.

Maintenance Interview

Anonymous Employee in Champaign, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign (Champaign, IL) in September 2016.

Interview

Applied online for a few positions. A head of department responded asking when I was free for an interview and I interviewed with two departments. They decided internally which position was better suited for me and offered me a position

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Employee in Champaign, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign (Champaign, IL) in August 2016.

Interview

After I applied online, I got an email asking me to interview with the head recruiter in Chicago the next week. I met her at her office and we walked to a coffee shop nearby. The interview was casual and lasted about an hour and a half. She told me a lot about the position and was more conversational than Q and A.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about what you've learned in classes that will assist you in your position   Answer Question

Course Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Urbana, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign (Urbana, IL) in August 2016.

Interview

Brief e-mail correspondence, needed a high enough grade in the class. Professor was friendly and apologized for responding late, asking if I still wanted the position. I said yes, he reviewed my performance in the class within the next couple days along with other candidates. I received the job just a few days into the semester and still hold the position.

Graduate Research Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Champaign, IL

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign (Champaign, IL) in August 2016.

Interview

In essence, it involves being in contact with a professor that has a grant. If you work under such a professor and do a good job, they offer you a research assistantship