University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign Interview Questions in Champaign, IL | Glassdoor

University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign Interview Questions in Champaign, IL

Updated Mar 7, 2017

2.3

Applications Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Champaign, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign (Champaign, IL).

Interview

The interview process is a 2 stage process. The first interview is a phone interview, with a combination of technical and behavioral questions. The final interview is a multi-stage process, including a presentation, with a Q & A session at the end. The Q & A is not just about the the presentation. There can also be some general interview questions. The 2nd part is a one hour interview with the placement committee. The 3rd part is an interview with the hiring manager. Unlike other interviews, there was no initial screening interview by HR.

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Employee in Champaign, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign (Champaign, IL) in August 2016.

Interview

After I applied online, I got an email asking me to interview with the head recruiter in Chicago the next week. I met her at her office and we walked to a coffee shop nearby. The interview was casual and lasted about an hour and a half. She told me a lot about the position and was more conversational than Q and A.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about what you've learned in classes that will assist you in your position   Answer Question

Course Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Urbana, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign (Urbana, IL) in August 2016.

Interview

Brief e-mail correspondence, needed a high enough grade in the class. Professor was friendly and apologized for responding late, asking if I still wanted the position. I said yes, he reviewed my performance in the class within the next couple days along with other candidates. I received the job just a few days into the semester and still hold the position.

Postdoctoral Research Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Urbana, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign (Urbana, IL) in April 2016.

Interview

Introducing myself.
    They explained the projects in their group and expectations.
    then asked me questions:
     describing my previous works and projects.
    duration of working at each field and positions
    the reason of quitting each job

Interview Questions

• my research interests
      my skills
      visa status
      willing to relocation
      1 Answer

Undergraduate Teaching Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Urbana, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign (Urbana, IL) in April 2016.

Interview

Brief interview. Was asked about my experience in teaching; why I like to teach and all that jazz. I went in with almost no experience in teaching. I had made some YouTube videos in Physics and Math earlier but tutoring is a completely new thing for me. You don't need much experience. Just make sure you have an interest in teaching and you shall do the interview well. Also, grades do matter - get a good grade.

Research Interview

Anonymous Employee in Urbana, IL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign (Urbana, IL) in March 2016.

Interview

Tell supervisor you want to work for about your experience. They will ask a few questions about what have done. Nothing highly technical, mainly chatting. They will tell you right away if you are a good fit.

Building Service Worker Interview

Anonymous Employee in Urbana, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign (Urbana, IL) in November 2015.

Interview

Single interview with multiple participants. Standard job related and experience questions. Questions about a previously given chemical data sheet filled 1/4 of the conversation. Participants included direct supervisors and their managers.

Interview Questions

• Do you know how to clean toilets the proper way?   1 Answer

Negotiation

None

Senior Visiting Data Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Champaign, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign (Champaign, IL) in October 2015.

Interview

There was an initial phone interview given by an employee who asks some general questions, which i later found out were from a basic script (which is fine). That lasted about 20-30 minutes. After that was an in person interview. I interviewed with several different people, who were in charge of several different aspects of the office. This took about 2 hours.

Interview Questions

• They asked me how I would handle certain technical aspects of the job.   1 Answer

Negotiation

There was no negotiation phase.

Research Programmer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Champaign, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign (Champaign, IL) in September 2015.

Interview

I was referred by a friend that has previously worked on the software. The interview process was very easy. I just met with the professor who was offering the job, he asked me about my previous work skills. My previous skills matched. just one quick meeting

Student IT Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Urbana, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign (Urbana, IL) in September 2015.

Interview

first submit a online form to apply
    then they will send u email to interview you
    as an uiuc student, they interview me by asking behavioral qs
    if they like you they will let u work there within 2 weeks

Interview Questions

• why i choose to work here
      why i think i can work here well
      do i know linux instructions
      Answer Question