University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated May 24, 2018

2.4

Community Liaison Interview

Anonymous Employee in Champaign, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign (Champaign, IL) in May 2014.

Interview

Online short answer questions, they are pretty broad and seem to overlap with each other. When I applied there was another round of questions sent out and they requested a sample of previous work as well. Then there is an person interview with the supervisor and then I met the other liaisons who were working at that time. After you get the job you have to go to a meeting where you meet all of the new and old members of the office.

Peer Tutor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Champaign, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign (Champaign, IL) in January 2013.

Interview

I had to apply for the position, submit an application and a writing sample. Then the group was down selected and I was brought in for a group interview. We were asked a series of questions and a few scenarios were posed to the group for open discussion.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about an experience you've had tutoring a difficult student.   Answer Question

Associate Director of Development Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Champaign, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign (Champaign, IL) in April 2014.

Interview

I appreciate the search committee style of interview. It allows more people to assist with the decision making process and probably makes it more fair and balanced. I sometimes wonder if the people who are asking questions from the committee really know and understand the job. It might be difficult to hire for a position you really are not familiar with and it might make it hard to match the right candidate with the job. It was disappointing that I was asked to put together a presentation for an interview and spent several hours on the presentation to not get the position because I was overqualified.

Lab Assistant Interview

Interview

Took about 1 week after I applied to hear back and another to be hired

Interview Questions

• Random calculation questions, like determining volume of solvent to create a certain concentration   Answer Question

Lab Assistant Interview

Interview

Talking with professors about my program skills and telling whether or not I could be able to attend multiple slots to hold office hours and discussion sections. Also, I need to demonstrate my strong assembly language debuging skills since this job requires me to fix bugs for lc3 assembly code for students with different background. It also asks me to show strong C program skills.

Network Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Champaign, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign (Champaign, IL) in March 2015.

Interview

Student position - one email and one interview. A handful of technical questions. Received email for an interview and an offer was followed up a couple days later. Quick and easy experience.

Web Applications Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Champaign, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign (Champaign, IL) in March 2017.

Interview

Few days after the closing date I got an email for the Job interview. First round was a phone interview that lasts for about 20 minutes which includes set of behavioral and technical questions. Second round was in person interview with two rounds. First round includes a presentation followed by Q&A session with interview committee. Second round was with manager. Both rounds have technical and behavioral questions.

Web Developer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign.

Interview

Work experience in general project experience in general experience with multiple programming languages in general how many team members in previous project in general. A test on reading a program written in C++ or similar language and asked questions in general. Then they explain the project and the senior developer currently on the project and the manager and coordinator and explained the importance of the project.

Web Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Urbana, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign (Urbana, IL).

Interview

It took 2 months for me to get an interview. The interview process and questions were easy. This is good and bad. It's good if you're not good at interviews, but know what you're doing. Then for a tech position, it should be easy to answer the questions, which they seem to care about more than the behavioral ones. It's bad because they could end up hiring someone incompetent.

You interview with a committee. Typically, a third of the members will know specifics about your position. The rest will be from other departments/positions on campus. Usually after the position closes, they will review all applications and decide to interview the top 3-5 candidates. The committee has a list of pre-defined questions that they'll ask every candidate.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work here? What is one advantage and one disadvantage for using tables in HTML?   Answer Question

Negotiation

If you're hired under a grant, then the salary is usually non-negotiable.

Intramural Official Interview

Anonymous Employee in Champaign, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign (Champaign, IL) in September 2013.

Interview

Very easy, not hard questions asked just go in knowing something about intramural activities and be personable. They will ask about exoerience but it is ok if you have none because there is trainings available to attend.