University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Apr 20, 2017

2.5

Web Applications Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Champaign, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign (Champaign, IL) in March 2017.

Interview

Few days after the closing date I got an email for the Job interview. First round was a phone interview that lasts for about 20 minutes which includes set of behavioral and technical questions. Second round was in person interview with two rounds. First round includes a presentation followed by Q&A session with interview committee. Second round was with manager. Both rounds have technical and behavioral questions.

Applications Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Champaign, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign (Champaign, IL).

Interview

The interview process is a 2 stage process. The first interview is a phone interview, with a combination of technical and behavioral questions. The final interview is a multi-stage process, including a presentation, with a Q & A session at the end. The Q & A is not just about the the presentation. There can also be some general interview questions. The 2nd part is a one hour interview with the placement committee. The 3rd part is an interview with the hiring manager. Unlike other interviews, there was no initial screening interview by HR.

Graduate Research Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign (New York, NY).

Interview

Based on the applicant's stated research interests, up to four faculty members were matched for ~30 minute verbal interviews that informally reviewed the applicant's experience and available projects in the labs

Web Developer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign.

Interview

Work experience in general project experience in general experience with multiple programming languages in general how many team members in previous project in general. A test on reading a program written in C++ or similar language and asked questions in general. Then they explain the project and the senior developer currently on the project and the manager and coordinator and explained the importance of the project.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign.

Interview

There really isn't one. You need to pursue a professor on your own if you are interested in doing work with them, they will most likely informally request your scholarly background.

Interview Questions

• Do you know how a nuclear reactor works?   1 Answer

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Employee in Champaign, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign (Champaign, IL) in August 2016.

Interview

After I applied online, I got an email asking me to interview with the head recruiter in Chicago the next week. I met her at her office and we walked to a coffee shop nearby. The interview was casual and lasted about an hour and a half. She told me a lot about the position and was more conversational than Q and A.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about what you've learned in classes that will assist you in your position   Answer Question

Course Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Urbana, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign (Urbana, IL) in August 2016.

Interview

Brief e-mail correspondence, needed a high enough grade in the class. Professor was friendly and apologized for responding late, asking if I still wanted the position. I said yes, he reviewed my performance in the class within the next couple days along with other candidates. I received the job just a few days into the semester and still hold the position.

Director of Youth Center Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bloomington, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign (Bloomington, IL) in July 2016.

Interview

After I was short listed, I was called for an interview. I thought the interview went well. They told me they would make decision by Friday. They gave the job to another candidate on Wednesday . The questions were thorough. However, the two interviewers were just going through the motions. They interviewed me just to fulfill their required quota to interview their set number before giving the job to the person they wanted.

Interview Questions

• How do I handle diversity?
      How do I handle stress?
      How do I deal with problems with staff?
      Answer Question

Facility Assistant Interview

Interview

Group interview after going to an hour lecture about what positions are available. They are just looking for people whoa aren't screw ups. There were about three people interviewing 5 people.

Postdoctoral Research Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Urbana, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign (Urbana, IL) in April 2016.

Interview

Introducing myself.
    They explained the projects in their group and expectations.
    then asked me questions:
     describing my previous works and projects.
    duration of working at each field and positions
    the reason of quitting each job

Interview Questions

• my research interests
      my skills