University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jan 15, 2018

2.4

Cleanroom Lab Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Urbana, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign (Urbana, IL).

Interview

The interview process was very quick and there were a few questions regarding mechanical competence. It was more conversational than the interviews I have had in the past. The interviewers were very nice and got back to me quickly.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign.

Interview

Interview with supervisor and panel, general behavioral questions and focus on campus involvements. Positive experience. People are nice and it is a good position for students. MS and programming skills focus.

Student Services Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Champaign, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign (Champaign, IL).

Interview

After submitting an application, I heard from the search committee within a couple of weeks for the interview. I then interviewed in person with the committee and waited to see if I advanced. There was a second round with the program director and associate director. It took some time, but the interview process itself was not bad.

Interview Questions

• What are some trends that you see in online learning and how to advocate for students.   Answer Question

Business Account Administrator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Urbana, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign (Urbana, IL) in August 2017.

Interview

Underwent a phone interview with recruiter. Followed up by interview with two PHD hiring managers. They seemed very interested in my unique qualifications. Upon following up, I was told they were too busy to engage in email communications and that they had not made a decision. I never heard back from them again.

Interview Questions

• Why did you apply for this position?   1 Answer

Application

Interview

Meet with PI. Discuss work ethic, and research to be assisting. Talk about general responsibilities and role. Describe your overall interests and pursuits. Talk about why this job will help you and what you will learn.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign.

Interview

Not much of an interview process. You apply and they hire you. They give you a uniform let you pick a schedule while being required to work nights on the weekends.

Interview Questions

• Can you lift about 20 pounds? Are you allergic to anything?   Answer Question

Assistant University Counsel Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Urbana, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign (Urbana, IL) in April 2017.

Interview

I was interviewed by both University counsel and an HR representative. All were very pleasant, but questions were very standard and scripted. This was the first interview; the successful candidate will have three interviews total.

Information Technology Interview

Anonymous Employee in Champaign, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign (Champaign, IL) in April 2017.

Interview

A brief personal interview. Asked simple questions about myself but the interviewees were interested in what I have done in my previous experience. They asked technical questions and were willing to teach something new if the candidates does not have the skills.

Web Applications Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Champaign, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign (Champaign, IL) in March 2017.

Interview

Few days after the closing date I got an email for the Job interview. First round was a phone interview that lasts for about 20 minutes which includes set of behavioral and technical questions. Second round was in person interview with two rounds. First round includes a presentation followed by Q&A session with interview committee. Second round was with manager. Both rounds have technical and behavioral questions.

Graduate Teaching Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Champaign, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign (Champaign, IL) in March 2017.

Interview

It was fairly casual. A lot of teaching assistants are required, so its usually easy to get an assistantship as a grad student. The process for applying for TAship is different for each department.