University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Oct 26, 2017

2.4

Undergraduate Teaching Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Urbana, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign (Urbana, IL) in April 2016.

Interview

Brief interview. Was asked about my experience in teaching; why I like to teach and all that jazz. I went in with almost no experience in teaching. I had made some YouTube videos in Physics and Math earlier but tutoring is a completely new thing for me. You don't need much experience. Just make sure you have an interest in teaching and you shall do the interview well. Also, grades do matter - get a good grade.

Risk Interview

Interview

webcam interview about cases I do not know more about this problem.
    It is important to know some security review and have some financial background to know something else
    I am just a fresh student ...aahahahahhaha

Research Interview

Anonymous Employee in Urbana, IL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign (Urbana, IL) in March 2016.

Interview

Tell supervisor you want to work for about your experience. They will ask a few questions about what have done. Nothing highly technical, mainly chatting. They will tell you right away if you are a good fit.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign.

Interview

apply online, the professors go through all the materials of applicants, and they will contact the ones they are interested in. After a short interview, they will inform you weather or not they will give you the offer. The students need the reply to them to confirm whether accept or not.

IT Technician Interview

Interview

Started with an email that got me into a behavioral screening. Passed, went to the actual place for in person interview and technical that was fairly simple and asked about why you wanted to help people.

Civil Engineering Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign.

Interview

The whole process takes 1 hour and a half. Asked a few questions about the education and experiences. It was an average interview. Not very hard. Be prepared about what you have done in the past and why do we want to hire you?

Building Service Worker Interview

Anonymous Employee in Urbana, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign (Urbana, IL) in November 2015.

Interview

Single interview with multiple participants. Standard job related and experience questions. Questions about a previously given chemical data sheet filled 1/4 of the conversation. Participants included direct supervisors and their managers.

Interview Questions

• Do you know how to clean toilets the proper way?   1 Answer

Negotiation

None

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign.

Interview

Received an interview through a networking conference. I met my supervisor at a CFA conference and I ended up speaking to her about my past experience and course interests. I also displayed my interest in an internship at the endowment given my previous background. I received a call from her about 2 months later and she invited me to an interview.

Interview Questions

• Mostly about my skills and past experience. Typical behavioral questions and my interests   Answer Question

Senior Visiting Data Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Champaign, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign (Champaign, IL) in October 2015.

Interview

There was an initial phone interview given by an employee who asks some general questions, which i later found out were from a basic script (which is fine). That lasted about 20-30 minutes. After that was an in person interview. I interviewed with several different people, who were in charge of several different aspects of the office. This took about 2 hours.

Interview Questions

• They asked me how I would handle certain technical aspects of the job.   1 Answer

Negotiation

There was no negotiation phase.

Application

Interview

No interview, only submitted an application. The application process for graduate school was fairly standard. I submitted personal essay(s), letters of recommendation, GRE scores, and general information about myself. After receiving an acceptance letter I attended a recruiting weekend at the university.

See What University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign Employees Are Saying

TA

StarStarStarStarStar     Current Anonymous Employee

Pros: “Very supportive people within the department”“Very supportive people within the department” – Full Review