University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign Interview Questions in Urbana, IL | Glassdoor

University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign Interview Questions in Urbana, IL

Updated May 21, 2017

2.1

Assistant University Counsel Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Urbana, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign (Urbana, IL) in April 2017.

Interview

I was interviewed by both University counsel and an HR representative. All were very pleasant, but questions were very standard and scripted. This was the first interview; the successful candidate will have three interviews total.

Course Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Urbana, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign (Urbana, IL) in August 2016.

Interview

Brief e-mail correspondence, needed a high enough grade in the class. Professor was friendly and apologized for responding late, asking if I still wanted the position. I said yes, he reviewed my performance in the class within the next couple days along with other candidates. I received the job just a few days into the semester and still hold the position.

Postdoctoral Research Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Urbana, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign (Urbana, IL) in April 2016.

Interview

Introducing myself.
    They explained the projects in their group and expectations.
    then asked me questions:
     describing my previous works and projects.
    duration of working at each field and positions
    the reason of quitting each job

Interview Questions

• my research interests
      my skills
      visa status
      willing to relocation
      1 Answer

Undergraduate Teaching Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Urbana, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign (Urbana, IL) in April 2016.

Interview

Brief interview. Was asked about my experience in teaching; why I like to teach and all that jazz. I went in with almost no experience in teaching. I had made some YouTube videos in Physics and Math earlier but tutoring is a completely new thing for me. You don't need much experience. Just make sure you have an interest in teaching and you shall do the interview well. Also, grades do matter - get a good grade.

Research Interview

Anonymous Employee in Urbana, IL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign (Urbana, IL) in March 2016.

Interview

Tell supervisor you want to work for about your experience. They will ask a few questions about what have done. Nothing highly technical, mainly chatting. They will tell you right away if you are a good fit.

Building Service Worker Interview

Anonymous Employee in Urbana, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign (Urbana, IL) in November 2015.

Interview

Single interview with multiple participants. Standard job related and experience questions. Questions about a previously given chemical data sheet filled 1/4 of the conversation. Participants included direct supervisors and their managers.

Interview Questions

• Do you know how to clean toilets the proper way?   1 Answer

Negotiation

None

Student IT Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Urbana, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign (Urbana, IL) in September 2015.

Interview

first submit a online form to apply
    then they will send u email to interview you
    as an uiuc student, they interview me by asking behavioral qs
    if they like you they will let u work there within 2 weeks

Interview Questions

• why i choose to work here
      why i think i can work here well
      do i know linux instructions

Web Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Urbana, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign (Urbana, IL).

Interview

It took 2 months for me to get an interview. The interview process and questions were easy. This is good and bad. It's good if you're not good at interviews, but know what you're doing. Then for a tech position, it should be easy to answer the questions, which they seem to care about more than the behavioral ones. It's bad because they could end up hiring someone incompetent.

You interview with a committee. Typically, a third of the members will know specifics about your position. The rest will be from other departments/positions on campus. Usually after the position closes, they will review all applications and decide to interview the top 3-5 candidates. The committee has a list of pre-defined questions that they'll ask every candidate.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work here? What is one advantage and one disadvantage for using tables in HTML?   Answer Question

Negotiation

If you're hired under a grant, then the salary is usually non-negotiable.

Grader Interview

Anonymous Employee in Urbana, IL

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign (Urbana, IL) in August 2015.

Interview

A professor met me at a cafe and explained me about the position and asked if i was willing to work for him. I was more than happy when i heard about the position as it matched my skill set, so i liked the position met him the next day for an interview and finally cleared the interview and got a job.

Interview Questions

• Q: what background do you have in marketing?
      Q: how good are you in case solving?

Data Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Urbana, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign (Urbana, IL).

Interview

This was a typical Panel interview. Search Committee were from different department. They did a good job to break the ice and questioned on communication and programming skills, data base experience.

Interview Questions

• What’s your recent job? What do you do in recent job?
      Do you know parallel computing?