University of Indianapolis Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Aug 14, 2017

2.8

Associate Professor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Indianapolis, IN

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at University of Indianapolis (Indianapolis, IN).

Interview

Submitted a cover letter, curriculum vita and references on human resources online application portal; was contacted for a phone interview and invited for an on-site interview. The on-site interview consisted of meetings with the unit dean and individual faculty members, lunch with the search & screen committee, and a presentation to unit faculty.

Administrative Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at University of Indianapolis in June 2016.

Interview

I received a phone call from the Department Head. He covered who he was, told me a little about the department, explained the compensation package (hourly wage and education benefits). Said before bringing me in for an interview he wanted to talk to my current manager to get an idea of what kind of employee I would be. I declined, as my current employer doesn't know I'm looking for another position. I suggested that it made more sense to check references after an interview, but before an offer is made. He called a few days later, left a voice mail that indicated they didn't want a face to face interview.

Interview Questions

• Would I be willing to work for $11.83 per hour given the "great" educational benefits.   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at University of Indianapolis.

Interview

I submitted a resume via the university's website for the position advertised - received an email requesting an onsite interview with the search comittee shortly thereafter. I interviewed with the search committee (5 individuals) and then never heard from them again. No response to any followup I submitted.

Interview Questions

• Considering you have no background in an university setting - how would you get up-to-speed on how a university operates.   Answer Question

Adjunct Professor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Indianapolis, IN

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at University of Indianapolis (Indianapolis, IN) in August 2014.

Interview

The position need someone to fill before new semester start so the process is fast. After the submission of Resume, an interview was arranged in a week on the Campus with the head of the department. The interview focus more on the salary, willingness to teach classes and the future development of the department.

Interview Questions

• the biggest surprise is being asked about expectation for salary with the first question   2 Answers

Graduate Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Indianapolis, IN

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at University of Indianapolis (Indianapolis, IN) in August 2014.

Interview

We were shortlisted based on our resumes. A group interview was conducted for all those who were shortlisted. Specific roles were assigned based on the resume, experience and performance at the interview

Faculty Interview

Anonymous Employee in Indianapolis, IN

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at University of Indianapolis (Indianapolis, IN) in October 2012.

Interview

I was called, met for an informal interview, toured the campus and met several other faculty members in the Nursing School. I enjoyed touring the campus as it included several areas I would not have know I needed.

Interview Questions

• What was my experience in the subject matter I was planning to teach.   1 Answer

Phone-a-thon Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Indianapolis, IN

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at University of Indianapolis (Indianapolis, IN) in August 2012.

Interview

She had a booth set up at a job fair. After filling out the form she said to expect an email if she decided to set up an interview. I went through a phone interview and an in person interview and was offer a position at the in person interview.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if a donor was cursing at you?   1 Answer

Negotiation

My schedule was fairly flexible and I liked that very much.