University of Iowa Interview Questions | Glassdoor

University of Iowa Interview Questions

Updated Aug 2, 2017

2.5

Interview

Phone and In-Person Interview were professional, but comfortable and conversational. There were a number of questions relating to the job, and personal opinions on work related actions. Overall, the job was explained well.

Social Worker Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Iowa City, IA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at University of Iowa (Iowa City, IA).

Interview

The interview was okay. They asked questions pertaining to the duties of the job. The department head was there as well as three other social workers.
    I was never made aware of the fact that I did not get the job, however the position was re-posted 5 weeks later, which is what indicated that I was not being considered.

Interview Questions

• "what do you think you would catch on to the quickest and what do you think would take the longest to learn?"   Answer Question

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Iowa City, IA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at University of Iowa (Iowa City, IA) in November 2016.

Interview

I had a phone interview and a skype interview with my supervisor and someone from HR. It was nice because they not only asked a lot of questions to make sure you are qualified for the job, but they ask questions that give you the opportunity to show them who you are. They want to make sure the fit is good for both you and them.

Interview Questions

• What is a policy at the University that you would feel comfortable explaining?   1 Answer

Academic Tutor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Iowa City, IA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at University of Iowa (Iowa City, IA) in August 2016.

Interview

After submitting a resume via email, I was invited for an interview. However, we immediately began discussing how to schedule tutoring sessions and it was assumed I already had the job.

IT Support Interview

Anonymous Employee in Iowa City, IA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at University of Iowa (Iowa City, IA).

Interview

Interviews are usually conducted in a meeting with several administrators and staff people. These are typically people you'll eventually report to and work with. You'll be assessed with regard to how well you meet the qualifications REQUIRED for the job - skills, experience, education, certifications, etc. You'll also be evaluated on how well you satisfy the DESIRED qualifications. So, take some time to review these and let them be reflected in your cover letter and job interview process. As someone who has also been on the other side of the interview table, I can say that the process is designed to be very equitable with all candidates fairly evaluated by an impartial interview panel. This helps ensure effective and fair hiring.

Interview Questions

• Questions typically address past work experience and what draws you to the opportunity you're applying for. Some technical questions would be asked to determine basic proficiency. You'll also be given an opportunity to ask questions.   Answer Question

Health Records Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ months. I interviewed at University of Iowa in March 2016.

Interview

Online application, was contacted about 4 months later to schedule an in person panel interview. I was disappointed at how slow the process was, but I also feel like it is standard for an entry level position at a large university.

Interview Questions

• There were very basic questions: how would you handle _____ situation? Describe yourself in three words, etc.   Answer Question

Research Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Iowa City, IA

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at University of Iowa (Iowa City, IA) in February 2016.

Interview

There was not an interview. I sent an email, expressed interest in the position and the work required- I want to be a researcher. The lab manager added me on as temp prior to my 'review'.

Interview Questions

• They reviewed my skill set and let me participate as a 'trial' while my skills were vetted.   Answer Question

Human Resources Interview

Anonymous Employee in Iowa City, IA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at University of Iowa (Iowa City, IA) in December 2015.

Interview

About a 45 minute interview with the Fellows director and the secretary. I was asked to tell them about myself and what are some of my qualities. They asked me different questions about situations and how I handled them. I was asked about my long term goals and if I was willing to go through a background check.

Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at University of Iowa.

Interview

This was a pretty standard, straight forward interview. I applied online and received an email from the HR rep. One in person interview took place with a group from the office followed by a job offer within a few days. Everything happened pretty quickly and smoothly. Those interviewing me used a template with standard HR questions that are asked of most job candidates. I was very please with the communication from the HR rep leading up to and after the interview. She even told me ahead of time who exactly would be interviewing me.

Interview Questions

• How do you multitask or prioritize multiple project?
      What is your experience with databases?
      Describe a time you had a conflict with a colleague/supervisor/employee and how you handled it?
      What kind of supervisor do you like to work with?
      What work accomplishments are you most proud of?   Answer Question

Field House Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Iowa City, IA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at University of Iowa (Iowa City, IA) in October 2015.

Interview

The interview process was typical. I applied online and then was contacted by HR. I met with HR to discuss the position and explain myself. I then had a one on one interview for the job.