University of Iowa Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Find your next job here

University of Iowa Interview Questions

Updated Jan 8, 2018

2.5

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at University of Iowa.

Interview

Filled out an online application from the website for the open position. Got a response a week later via email for an in-person interview with the hiring manager and another student.

Interview Questions

Interview

Phone and In-Person Interview were professional, but comfortable and conversational. There were a number of questions relating to the job, and personal opinions on work related actions. Overall, the job was explained well.

Social Worker Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Iowa City, IA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at University of Iowa (Iowa City, IA).

Interview

The interview was okay. They asked questions pertaining to the duties of the job. The department head was there as well as three other social workers.
    I was never made aware of the fact that I did not get the job, however the position was re-posted 5 weeks later, which is what indicated that I was not being considered.

Interview Questions

• "what do you think you would catch on to the quickest and what do you think would take the longest to learn?"   Answer Question

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Iowa City, IA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at University of Iowa (Iowa City, IA) in November 2016.

Interview

I had a phone interview and a skype interview with my supervisor and someone from HR. It was nice because they not only asked a lot of questions to make sure you are qualified for the job, but they ask questions that give you the opportunity to show them who you are. They want to make sure the fit is good for both you and them.

Interview Questions

• What is a policy at the University that you would feel comfortable explaining?   1 Answer

Academic Tutor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Iowa City, IA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at University of Iowa (Iowa City, IA) in August 2016.

Interview

After submitting a resume via email, I was invited for an interview. However, we immediately began discussing how to schedule tutoring sessions and it was assumed I already had the job.

IT Consultant Interview

Application

Interview

The interview process was quick and comfortable. They asked regular questions. The interview was done in panel setting. Very easy time, would say just be nice and open to talking. Arrive on time. Now just trying to finish up so I can see my interview stuff

Senior Applications Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Iowa City, IA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at University of Iowa (Iowa City, IA) in June 2016.

Interview

They have 3 round interview process. First being an introduction of your self, resume discussion, and questions regarding your projects. Second time, They ask you a about technical computer science questions. Third, behavioral and interpersonal skills.

Interview Questions

• Can you discuss MVC architecture in your own words? What are your weakness and strengths?   Answer Question

IT Support Interview

Anonymous Employee in Iowa City, IA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at University of Iowa (Iowa City, IA).

Interview

Interviews are usually conducted in a meeting with several administrators and staff people. These are typically people you'll eventually report to and work with. You'll be assessed with regard to how well you meet the qualifications REQUIRED for the job - skills, experience, education, certifications, etc. You'll also be evaluated on how well you satisfy the DESIRED qualifications. So, take some time to review these and let them be reflected in your cover letter and job interview process. As someone who has also been on the other side of the interview table, I can say that the process is designed to be very equitable with all candidates fairly evaluated by an impartial interview panel. This helps ensure effective and fair hiring.

Interview Questions

• Questions typically address past work experience and what draws you to the opportunity you're applying for. Some technical questions would be asked to determine basic proficiency. You'll also be given an opportunity to ask questions.   Answer Question

Health Records Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ months. I interviewed at University of Iowa in March 2016.

Interview

Online application, was contacted about 4 months later to schedule an in person panel interview. I was disappointed at how slow the process was, but I also feel like it is standard for an entry level position at a large university.

Interview Questions

• There were very basic questions: how would you handle _____ situation? Describe yourself in three words, etc.   Answer Question

Research Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Iowa City, IA

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at University of Iowa (Iowa City, IA) in February 2016.

Interview

There was not an interview. I sent an email, expressed interest in the position and the work required- I want to be a researcher. The lab manager added me on as temp prior to my 'review'.

Interview Questions

• They reviewed my skill set and let me participate as a 'trial' while my skills were vetted.   Answer Question