University of Iowa Dental Instrument Technician (Student Position) Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at University of Iowa

1 Interview Review

1.0

Dental Instrument Technician (Student Position) Interview

Anonymous Employee in Iowa City, IA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at University of Iowa (Iowa City, IA) in February 2012.

Interview

I applied in February 2012 through the University of Iowa Jobnet and scheduled a brief meeting with the supervisor, the same week after exchanging many e-mail messages.

Once the supervisor and I agreed on an appropiate time, I arrived the next day and met with her in her office. She then proceeded to give me a brief tour of the C.O.D. and its dispensaries. When she and I completed the tour, she then brought me up to the sterilization unit (Instrument Processing Room - IPR) and described the specific functions of each area within the IPR (the bur block station, the computer/printing station, the cutting/single instrument packaging area, the decontamination room, the sealing station, and the surgery wrapping area).

Once she finished giving me a tour of the IPR, she had asked me what I thought about the job. I then gave her my opinion and she offered me the job within a minute.

The interview process has evolved since last February primarily because many full-time employees have been terminated or quit.

Interview Questions

• Does this seem the job for you?   1 Answer

Negotiation

There was no negotiation phase. You either accept the job or not.