University of Kansas Medical Center Interview Questions in Kansas City, MO | Glassdoor

University of Kansas Medical Center Interview Questions in Kansas City, MO

Updated Aug 3, 2017

2.6

25 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Registered Nurse Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kansas City, KS

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at University of Kansas Medical Center (Kansas City, KS) in April 2017.

Interview

It involves interviewing with management and peers, and shadowing on the floor you are interviewing on. They will validate your parking. I was also given a packet with employee expectations, benefits and salary before the interview.

Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kansas City, KS

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at University of Kansas Medical Center (Kansas City, KS) in March 2017.

Interview

As a prospective employee, if you want to invest a lot of time and energy in seeking out employment (ex: the application, the personal assessment, 3 rounds of phone interviews) with KU, I'd suggest checking out some of the other employers in town first. They have the courtesy and professionalism to notify you by way of email or phone call, vs. a cold, auto-generated e-notification from KU. Clearly, growing pains (and possibly staff shortages) at this organization leak into the candidate experience. I think it is indicative of their views on candidates, and most likely, their employees.

Trust your gut when exploring new opportunities. If you like working with intelligent, highly-qualified, experienced professionals, take note of the HR staff and the vetting process. In each of those conversations, if not one unique question was asked outside of a low-energy/enthusiasm pre-formatted screening battery, and very little time (if any) was allotted to sell you the organization, specifics about the role, and WHY you should want to work with them, then you might be happier elsewhere. I see it as a mentality that you should feel lucky to be called by them, a 1-way street.

The fact that they interview candidates at 7:30PM at night (via non-employee Consultant in Salt Lake City), and 8:00AM on a Saturday morning (via the Chief HR Officer) is a red flag in my mind. Very strange. SLOW-moving as well.

Overall, one of the worst impressions of an employer I’ve ever walked away with. I think I dodged a bullet. They obviously do not care about their Employment Brand and have very little understanding of how easy it is for candidates to steer away future hires within their network.

Clinical Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kansas City, KS

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at University of Kansas Medical Center (Kansas City, KS) in November 2016.

Interview

Applied online. One month later, Initial HR phone interview followed by panel interview with department team after a couple weeks. Interview involved a skills test. Total time approximately two months.

Research Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kansas City, KS

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at University of Kansas Medical Center (Kansas City, KS) in July 2016.

Interview

Turnaround was great. I applied and was interviewed within 3 days. The interview itself was comfortable and laid back, but demands that you know the science well. The laboratories were on the smaller side but the equipment was up-to-date and funding seemed to be secure. Overall it was a great experience and think that it would be a good place to work.

Interview Questions

• What is your short- and long-term goals in terms of staying in this job that you have applied for?   Answer Question

Admitting Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kansas City, KS

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at University of Kansas Medical Center (Kansas City, KS) in June 2016.

Interview

I sent in an application, I was called within a week. The interview date was set. When I got there I was promptly greeted and was taken to the department I was interviewing for. Once interviewed I was called within 2 weeks with an offer.

Nursing Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kansas City, KS

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at University of Kansas Medical Center (Kansas City, KS) in May 2016.

Interview

interview process was fairly simple. HR called first to review my application and asked a few questions on the phone, "why are you interested interested?", "When was a time that you had a disagreement with a manager? How did you deal with it?", ect. Just the simple common interview questions.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself and where you see yourself working after you graduate.   1 Answer
    • If you saw a nurse doing something wrong how would you handle the situation?   Answer Question

Graduate Nurse Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kansas City, KS

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at University of Kansas Medical Center (Kansas City, KS) in March 2016.

Interview

Ask a ton of situational questions, asked about you and who you are, why you want to be there, why that job, why that facility, about specific times and situations you may have been in. I applied online heard back the next day and interview the next week. The online application takes about 2 hours.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time you had trouble with an employer and how you hadled it.   1 Answer

IT Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kansas City, KS

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at University of Kansas Medical Center (Kansas City, KS) in January 2016.

Interview

After an initial phone interview, the in-person interview consisted of about 90 minutes for an interview panel. At the onset, I was requested to provide a presentation over the topic of employee engagement.

Interview Questions

• Are you driven by a desire to succeed to a fear of failure?   Answer Question
    • If you had to get a project done, would you rather it be perfect and late or on-time and pretty good.   Answer Question

Clinical Research Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kansas City, MO

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at University of Kansas Medical Center (Kansas City, MO).

Interview

I had three separate interviews. The first two were really laid back and was more about what the position entailed. The last was with the director which was a little intimidating. Overall, I think their interview process was average. There was a lady who walked me to each interview and everyone was extremely nice. They also made sure I didn't have any questions and were very helpful and open to questions.

Purchasing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kansas City, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at University of Kansas Medical Center (Kansas City, MO) in December 2015.

Interview

Very disorganized, last minute request for interview appointments, not very accommodating or understanding your already have a job you must work around, not a very welcoming environment. I felt they were very uptight and not very comfortable to be around, at least that is what my opinion.

Interview Questions

• Nothing out of the ordinary, typical interview questions. Had a list they followed.   Answer Question