University of Kansas Medical Center Interview Questions in Kansas City, MO | Glassdoor

University of Kansas Medical Center Interview Questions in Kansas City, MO

Updated Jan 13, 2017

2.6

Clinical Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kansas City, KS

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at University of Kansas Medical Center (Kansas City, KS) in November 2016.

Interview

Applied online. One month later, Initial HR phone interview followed by panel interview with department team after a couple weeks. Interview involved a skills test. Total time approximately two months.

Research Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kansas City, KS

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at University of Kansas Medical Center (Kansas City, KS) in July 2016.

Interview

Turnaround was great. I applied and was interviewed within 3 days. The interview itself was comfortable and laid back, but demands that you know the science well. The laboratories were on the smaller side but the equipment was up-to-date and funding seemed to be secure. Overall it was a great experience and think that it would be a good place to work.

Interview Questions

• What is your short- and long-term goals in terms of staying in this job that you have applied for?   Answer Question

Admitting Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kansas City, KS

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at University of Kansas Medical Center (Kansas City, KS) in June 2016.

Interview

I sent in an application, I was called within a week. The interview date was set. When I got there I was promptly greeted and was taken to the department I was interviewing for. Once interviewed I was called within 2 weeks with an offer.

Nursing Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kansas City, KS

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at University of Kansas Medical Center (Kansas City, KS) in May 2016.

Interview

interview process was fairly simple. HR called first to review my application and asked a few questions on the phone, "why are you interested interested?", "When was a time that you had a disagreement with a manager? How did you deal with it?", ect. Just the simple common interview questions.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself and where you see yourself working after you graduate.   1 Answer
    • If you saw a nurse doing something wrong how would you handle the situation?   Answer Question

Graduate Nurse Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kansas City, KS

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at University of Kansas Medical Center (Kansas City, KS) in March 2016.

Interview

Ask a ton of situational questions, asked about you and who you are, why you want to be there, why that job, why that facility, about specific times and situations you may have been in. I applied online heard back the next day and interview the next week. The online application takes about 2 hours.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time you had trouble with an employer and how you hadled it.   1 Answer

IT Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kansas City, KS

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at University of Kansas Medical Center (Kansas City, KS) in January 2016.

Interview

After an initial phone interview, the in-person interview consisted of about 90 minutes for an interview panel. At the onset, I was requested to provide a presentation over the topic of employee engagement.

Interview Questions

• Are you driven by a desire to succeed to a fear of failure?   Answer Question
    • If you had to get a project done, would you rather it be perfect and late or on-time and pretty good.   Answer Question

Clinical Research Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kansas City, MO

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at University of Kansas Medical Center (Kansas City, MO).

Interview

I had three separate interviews. The first two were really laid back and was more about what the position entailed. The last was with the director which was a little intimidating. Overall, I think their interview process was average. There was a lady who walked me to each interview and everyone was extremely nice. They also made sure I didn't have any questions and were very helpful and open to questions.

Purchasing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kansas City, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at University of Kansas Medical Center (Kansas City, MO) in December 2015.

Interview

Very disorganized, last minute request for interview appointments, not very accommodating or understanding your already have a job you must work around, not a very welcoming environment. I felt they were very uptight and not very comfortable to be around, at least that is what my opinion.

Interview Questions

• Nothing out of the ordinary, typical interview questions. Had a list they followed.   Answer Question

Accounting Clerk Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kansas City, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at University of Kansas Medical Center (Kansas City, MO) in June 2015.

Interview

Phone interview, testing, when you pass test, Interview with supervisor, interview with manager then received email from HR with hiring process and where to go for drug test and get physical.

Interview Questions

• Name a time you had to meet a deadline how did you handle it?   Answer Question

Postdoctoral Fellow Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kansas City, KS

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at University of Kansas Medical Center (Kansas City, KS) in October 2014.

Interview

I have a Skype interview with a professor for a postdoc position. What can I expect from the interview other than talking about my current research.
    Briefly talk about my current research and available time to work.

Interview Questions

• Will you be able to take your project with you when the fellowship ends?
      Will you be granted time to participate in a postdoc council, take courses, learn new technologies, improve communication skills, and so on?
      Does the mentor/principal investigator (PI) have funds for attending scientific meetings?
      How is authorship handled? How often and where does the lab publish?
      Where is the mentor along the tenure-track timeline?
      Will the mentor help you apply for small grants or fellowships? How stable is the current funding?
      How are research supplies acquired and financed?
      1 Answer