University of Kent Interview Questions | Glassdoor

University of Kent Interview Questions

2.8

Associate Lecturer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Canterbury, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at University of Kent (Canterbury, England (UK)).

Interview

Interview involved a presentation to the full department, followed by questions, and then lunch, followed by an hour with the interview panel. Questions focused on my research, my teaching experience, my plans for publication. Everyone was very civilised and friendly - had one or two quite sharp questions after my presentation but not in the interview itself. You get a chance to meet the other candidates too, at lunch, so that's a bit strange - everyone being super-friendly but thinking 'am I more or less likely to get the job than this person?'

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at University of Kent in February 2016.

Interview

I applied through the ambassador scheme within my university and was called in for an interview a week later. It was two interviewers who were very nice and the questions were pretty easy.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to become a ambassador of internationalisation?   Answer Question

Study Interview

Anonymous Employee in Harare (Zimbabwe)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at University of Kent (Harare (Zimbabwe)) in December 2014.

Interview

applied online and got an acceptance letter through email. they required A levels and O levels for entry and an english proficiency test. a TB test was also needed for entry into the UK

Campaign Caller Interview

Anonymous Employee in Canterbury, England (UK)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at University of Kent (Canterbury, England (UK)) in February 2014.

Interview

The interview was fun and easy to be honest. All I can remember is the role playing part, where they pretend to be a caller and you have to read a script and act as if you're on the phone with them. You find out within a week whether you got the job or not.

Web Developer Interview

Interview

Involved a formal interview. Would highly recommend checking up on the qualities they expect.

Student Recruitment Officer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Canterbury, England (UK)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at University of Kent (Canterbury, England (UK)) in May 2013.

Interview

There was a standard application process of a cover letter and c.v. I went to my careers adviser for feedback and to make sure I was hitting the right note.

I was then invited to interview: this was broken up into a 20 minutes presentation on why students should come to Kent, followed by a 30 to 40 minutes interview.
    -Presentation: I was criticised, in interview, for including too much detail. I get the feeling you're selling an experience rather than hard hitting educational details.
    -The interview was very depth: they asked industry based questions: what is widening participation, what are the funding bodies surrounding HE, what is HEFCE? What subjects other than the arts have suffered the most during the recession? How many students do we have here? What is our student to staff average ratio> They also asked question from the perspective of the student: why should I go to your uni for £9000 fees? Why should I study Economics here? And personal ones: How do you deal with stress? If you're manager were here list one thing she/he would say that irritates them about you?

Interview Questions

• If you're manager were here list one thing she/he would say that irritates them about you?   1 Answer