University of Leicester Interview Questions in Leicester, England | Glassdoor

Updated Jul 19, 2017

2.8

11 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Animal Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Leicester, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at University of Leicester (Leicester, England (UK)) in February 2017.

Interview

Interview by the team leader of the Central Research Facility and another member of the animal technician team. Was instantly helped with feeling at ease with the process. The interview was broken down into several sections including Commercial Awareness, Skills and Competencies etc. Alot of the skills questions were very STAR orientated, requiring examples from previous work experience. Each person took turns asking me questions relevant to their area. Afterwards, was taken for a very insightful tour of the facility.

Interview Questions

• What positions of responsibility have you held?   1 Answer
    • Give an example of a time where you had to work within a team? -   1 Answer
    • Give an example of a time where you found communication difficult?   Answer Question
    • What are your views on animal testing?   Answer Question

Student Ambassador Interview

Anonymous Employee in Leicester, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at University of Leicester (Leicester, England (UK)) in October 2016.

Interview

There are two stages, the first is applying through your CV and then this is followed by an assessment centre. Group work preparing and presenting presentations constituted the entirety of it for me.

Interview Questions

• For a presentation: Do a presentation on why it is good to apply to the University   Answer Question

Research Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Leicester, England (UK)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at University of Leicester (Leicester, England (UK)) in November 2015.

Interview

Application form on the university of leicester careers page with typical questions about personal details, work experience, academic results etc etc. Didnt take very long. Then was invited to the interview with three members of staff which each took it in turns to ask questions related to their stream (Lab leader, technician, general science questions.)

Administrative Officer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Leicester, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at University of Leicester (Leicester, England (UK)) in May 2015.

Interview

The interview was conducted via Skype as I was not in a near distance. There was a panel of three persons and all were very welcoming and polite. The weird thing is that they contacted my referees before the interview -what a strange practice... Anyway, It was unfortunate that the sound was not particularly clear but at the end I was informed that their decision was ultimately down to who had the most relevant experience for the post, and their preferred candidate had more experience in the field, etc.

Interview Questions

• The interview was competency based drawing on my past experience.   Answer Question

Postdoctoral Interview

Anonymous Employee in Leicester, England (UK)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at University of Leicester (Leicester, England (UK)) in December 2014.

Interview

A one hour 1-on-1 with the PI, followed by a panel-interview in which you're asked to make a 15 minute presentation on your research experience. The panel then asks you questions on the research presented and on their research, plans etc.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself 5-10 years from now? How do you plan on getting there?
      All other questions were research specific, on experience with certain techniques, plans for tackling a particular type of research question, etc.   Answer Question

Senior Lectureship Interview

Anonymous Employee in Leicester, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at University of Leicester (Leicester, England (UK)) in April 2014.

Interview

Friendly, emphasis was placed on publications, four people sat on the panel, interview was followed by presentation about research, questions were put in a nice way, no pressure was applied, it is generally a friendly environment. But one must build a good research profile for getting a job offer.

Interview Questions

• questions re research, past experience, funding projects, teaching and student satisfaction, reasons why applying,   Answer Question

Research Fellow Interview

Anonymous Employee in Leicester, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at University of Leicester (Leicester, England (UK)) in March 2014.

Interview

I was interviewed by skype. The interview was done me versus three professors. My PI and two professors, from two different departments to test my technical skills. It was around 90 minutes, and they asked me about my background and technical questions about what I would solve some specific problems. At the end I asked questions about the position that I had applied.

Interview Questions

• How i would been able to model network neuronal dynamics.   Answer Question

Medical Statistician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Leicester, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at University of Leicester (Leicester, England (UK)) in January 2014.

Interview

Very chilled interview. Not too intense, just an interview with a panel. It lasted approximately 1 hour, and asked about myself, a few competency questions, scenarios of difficult situations were also asked.

Interview Questions

• basic stats questions, competency questions, a bit about yourself,   1 Answer

GTA Interview

Anonymous Employee in Leicester, England (UK)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at University of Leicester (Leicester, England (UK)) in February 2013.

Interview

I ve sent a research proposal. Then I learned that I was shrtlistd.
    On the same day I had to give a presentation about my reasearch plan and after that a personal interview.

Teaching Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Leicester, England (UK)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at University of Leicester (Leicester, England (UK)) in October 2012.

Interview

informal, because the position is only provided for PhD students in the department. After submitting CV, the recruitment panel, including an administration and an academic staffs, asked basic questions. After a week, the department will let you know the outcome.

Interview Questions

• why you applied for this job? Give a short presentation to explain an economic notation.   Answer Question