University of Leicester Interview Questions in Leicester, England | Glassdoor

University of Leicester Interview Questions in Leicester, England

2.8

Research Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Leicester, England (UK)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at University of Leicester (Leicester, England (UK)) in November 2015.

Interview

Application form on the university of leicester careers page with typical questions about personal details, work experience, academic results etc etc. Didnt take very long. Then was invited to the interview with three members of staff which each took it in turns to ask questions related to their stream (Lab leader, technician, general science questions.)

Administrative Officer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Leicester, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at University of Leicester (Leicester, England (UK)) in May 2015.

Interview

The interview was conducted via Skype as I was not in a near distance. There was a panel of three persons and all were very welcoming and polite. The weird thing is that they contacted my referees before the interview -what a strange practice... Anyway, It was unfortunate that the sound was not particularly clear but at the end I was informed that their decision was ultimately down to who had the most relevant experience for the post, and their preferred candidate had more experience in the field, etc.

Interview Questions

• The interview was competency based drawing on my past experience.   Answer Question

Postdoctoral Interview

Anonymous Employee in Leicester, England (UK)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at University of Leicester (Leicester, England (UK)) in December 2014.

Interview

A one hour 1-on-1 with the PI, followed by a panel-interview in which you're asked to make a 15 minute presentation on your research experience. The panel then asks you questions on the research presented and on their research, plans etc.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself 5-10 years from now? How do you plan on getting there?
      All other questions were research specific, on experience with certain techniques, plans for tackling a particular type of research question, etc.
      Answer Question

Senior Lectureship Interview

Anonymous Employee in Leicester, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at University of Leicester (Leicester, England (UK)) in April 2014.

Interview

Friendly, emphasis was placed on publications, four people sat on the panel, interview was followed by presentation about research, questions were put in a nice way, no pressure was applied, it is generally a friendly environment. But one must build a good research profile for getting a job offer.

Interview Questions

• questions re research, past experience, funding projects, teaching and student satisfaction, reasons why applying,   Answer Question

Research Fellow Interview

Anonymous Employee in Leicester, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at University of Leicester (Leicester, England (UK)) in March 2014.

Interview

I was interviewed by skype. The interview was done me versus three professors. My PI and two professors, from two different departments to test my technical skills. It was around 90 minutes, and they asked me about my background and technical questions about what I would solve some specific problems. At the end I asked questions about the position that I had applied.

Interview Questions

• How i would been able to model network neuronal dynamics.   Answer Question

Medical Statistician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Leicester, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at University of Leicester (Leicester, England (UK)) in January 2014.

Interview

Very chilled interview. Not too intense, just an interview with a panel. It lasted approximately 1 hour, and asked about myself, a few competency questions, scenarios of difficult situations were also asked.

Interview Questions

• basic stats questions, competency questions, a bit about yourself,   1 Answer

Teaching Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Leicester, England (UK)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at University of Leicester (Leicester, England (UK)) in October 2012.

Interview

informal, because the position is only provided for PhD students in the department. After submitting CV, the recruitment panel, including an administration and an academic staffs, asked basic questions. After a week, the department will let you know the outcome.

Interview Questions

• why you applied for this job? Give a short presentation to explain an economic notation.   Answer Question

Research Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Leicester, England (UK)

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at University of Leicester (Leicester, England (UK)) in April 2007.

Interview

When the time of the job advertised, I was just graduated from my masters in science. So, I was applied for the job and been short-listed. In my interview panel, there were three people ( two scientists and one departmental manager ) who were nice to me showing around the labs to ease off my nerves. Eventually, my job interview went for 40 mins and i was selected.

Interview Questions

• What research experience I had in the past?   1 Answer