University of Liverpool Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Nov 13, 2017

2.3

PhD Student Interview

Anonymous Employee in Liverpool, England (UK)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at University of Liverpool (Liverpool, England (UK)).

Interview

I had a challenging interview for a PhD I didn't get which was in the same department. The interviewer called me afterward saying that I was very good, but there was an interviewee who had more experience. Kindly they recommended me for the next PhD I applied to.

The interview process was incredibly relaxed, very much like they (two of my would-be supervisors, a DNA buff prof. and a clinical trials specialist medic) had already decided that I had the PhD. They asked me a few general questions about the subject, some I struggled to answer, this was fine.

After the interview they showed me around the lab and then shook hands.

Interview Questions

• What do you think the biggest challenge in the treatment of cancer is?   Answer Question

International Student Ambassador Interview

Anonymous Employee in Liverpool, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at University of Liverpool (Liverpool, England (UK)) in November 2015.

Interview

It was a group interview with three assessors from the marketing and communication team. Very straight forward questions. Got an offer two or three days after the interview. nice experience.

Interview Questions

• tell me about yourself.   1 Answer
    • how would you response if someone asked you "is it safe to live in liverpool"?   Answer Question

Bartender Interview

Anonymous Employee in Liverpool, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at University of Liverpool (Liverpool, England (UK)) in September 2015.

Interview

The interview is held en masse with somewhere near 100 other candidates. Most of these ended up with the job. It felt as much like an induction day as it did an interview. They split you into large groups and have you work together to figure out what you would do in a hypothetical situation. In our case it was something like 'You and your lunar team have crash landed on the moon and need to make it to a base 100 miles away, what, in order of importance, would you take with you and why'? They gave us a list of items and we ranked them. It was pretty relaxed and fun to be honest. Then they ask you to answer some questions on paper individually. they were interview questions. The one to one interview at the end was brief and casual. I cant remember any of the questions but I remember leaving with the impression that they would only decline your application if you managed to mess up big time. As I said, most people made it through. Easiest and most pleasant interview I've ever had, though long.

Interview Questions

• On the paper interview: 'A glass has been smashed in the bar and there's a queue of people waiting to be served, someone has complained about the music, and a group are being noisy and disruptive, what do you do?' You have time to think about it so they're easy enough to answer.   1 Answer

Research Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Liverpool, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at University of Liverpool (Liverpool, England (UK)) in July 2015.

Interview

I have met four researcher include the research leader. I have done a presentation about what i have done during my phd period also how my research experience related to the job. Besides, I also have plan for future research directions. They asked some questions about the works I have done before and some technical problems as well.

Undergraduate Medicine Interview

Anonymous Employee in Liverpool, England (UK)

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at University of Liverpool (Liverpool, England (UK)) in February 2015.

Interview

Interview consisted of two people asking questions. One was head of admission at the time and the other a F2 doctor. Both made me feel very comfortable and took it in turns to ask the questions. Room was quite small and there was no table to two chairso facing mine. Standard questions were asked such as why medicine, tell us about working in a team, tell us about your work experience, then a question based on ethics- I got euthanasia. Prepare for the standard questions and you will be fine.

Interview Questions

• Do you agree with euthanasia?   1 Answer

Postdoctoral Research Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Liverpool, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at University of Liverpool (Liverpool, England (UK)) in January 2015.

Interview

Sent the CV and get the invitation for an interview a month later, was also asked for a short presentation. I went to the interview and got the offer right after the interview.

Interview Questions

• Who you will be seeing yourself after 5 year time?
      And some sort of technical questions.   Answer Question

Postdoctoral Researcher Interview

Anonymous Employee in Liverpool, England (UK)

Application

The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at University of Liverpool (Liverpool, England (UK)) in October 2014.

Interview

Submitted a detailed CV listing all my specific skills and publication list and was called to be interviewed by a panel of four academics. The discussion was mostly about skills and what my previous research experience was and how that could fit to the presented research project, followed by a discussion about career prospects and how I would like my career to develop. A very positive experience.

Interview Questions

• Which piece of previous work from my list of publications did I feel had taken a lead on.   Answer Question

PhD Funded Studentship Interview

Anonymous Employee in Liverpool, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at University of Liverpool (Liverpool, England (UK)) in October 2013.

Interview

submitted CV, shortly after invited for interview. Aside from being in a rather obscure room that no-one knew the location of, the interview panel were very friendly. There isn't really much more to say but I have to reach a word limit. So, hmm, golf is the most boring game ever invented, how it is considered a grueling sport and is so popular I fail to comprehend.

PhD Studentship Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at University of Liverpool in September 2013.

Interview

Two supervisors from academic and industry asked some general questions related to the project, such as the fundamental knowledge and related issues. There were also some inform and relax talkings about my previous experiences and stories, a good interview and well organized process.

Research Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Liverpool, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at University of Liverpool (Liverpool, England (UK)) in July 2013.

Interview

Advertised online, apply via email, just one skype interview.

Interview Questions

• Nothing unexpected or difficult enough given the job description and quallifications demanding for these kind of posts   Answer Question

Ask for a better one and I got it!