University of London Interview Questions | Glassdoor

University of London Interview Questions

Interviews at University of London

2.8

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at University of London.

Interview

I didn't have an interview for this job, I moved here with my research group from another university. Glassdoor is forcing me to write this review to continue with uploading my CV, even though this section is non-applicable for me. This window has a 30 word minimum...which is why I am continuing to write.

Interview Questions

• again...Glassdoor is forcing me to write this review to continue with uploading my CV, even though this section is non-applicable for me. This window has a 30 word minimum...which is why I am continuing to write.   Answer Question

Fees and Payments Officer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at University of London (London, England (UK)) in May 2019.

Interview

Was fairly painless (other than the fact that you have to fill in your CV after filling in your work history). A quick test in an open plan office, which I thought was strange followed by a quick interview. However despite saying "we will let you know within a week" I waited almost 3 to be rejected. Clearly did not care about wasting my time. Very disappointed.

Interview Questions

3. Create your profile to get personalized information

Human Resources Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at University of London.

Interview

Well organised and comprehensively planned. I applied using their easy to use jobs site, I was shortlisted in good time, and I was given clear instructions in good time.

Career Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at University of London in March 2019.

Interview

Applied online, the form required work experience, education, etc. but also elaborate answers on multiple questions, which required research and took quite some time to complete.

Then, I was scheduled for a phone interview. If successful, the next stages were 1:1 interview, then a panel interview and assessment day.

During the telephone interview, the lady just said that she is unable to comment on my answers or say anything. She would just read out the questions and write down my answers. She also wasn't able to answer any questions, those could be asked later IF successful.

Not a really pleasant interview experience, nor a pleasant job for a human being to be doing - serving like an automated machine to record interview responses!

No feedback was offered after the phone interview, just a generic rejection via email.
    What a pointless exercise this whole process turned out to be! I regret spending 2 hours to prepare and research my the answers for my application. I won't be applying again and I will make sure to warn others.

Interview Questions

• What are you most excited about in this role? Answer the question in line with the value you would like to bring to the role.   Answer Question

Library Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at University of London.

Interview

Very focused on customer service and not too much on technical library knowledge. Enthusiasm and helpfulness is good. More like a customer service interview than a library one. Basic office knowledge like troubleshooting printer problems is good.

Web Content Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at University of London (London, England (UK)) in August 2018.

Interview

Application process: Online Application, Essential and Desirable criteria evidence and a brief assignment.
    Interview process: 1 hour Interview + Assessment. The panel were friendly, considerate and helped you to feel relaxed. However, questions were extremely generic (you could have been interviewing for any job, they were so broad and generic), and were underwhelming and didn't challenge or push for candidates to create any original thought.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want this role, experience of X and then 7/8 questions of 'tell me about a time when...'.   Answer Question

Campaigns Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at University of London (London, England (UK)) in April 2018.

Interview

The process began with a first stage on-site interview. This phase included a test that required no preparation. Unfortunately, the laptop provided timed out after a few minutes, so I was locked out and had to assess the information manually using the little time I was given.
    The test was followed by an interview with a panel of managers from various departments. Questions during this phase focused on my experience using a combination of competency and scenario questions.

I was asked back for a second informal interview which began with a discussion with the marketing director for the first 30 minutes. For the following 30, the original panel members joined us. I felt the conversation went well and was then shown around the office and introduced to the team I would potentially be working alongside.

In the end, I was not made an offer. Although disappointing this is not the reason for my negative experience.

The email I received provided no feedback whatsoever. Two weeks and three requests later and not even an acknowledgment of my request let alone some helpful feedback. In my opinion, this is unprofessional and taints the whole experience. Considering the effort and energy candidates put into going through the entire process, the least final stage candidates deserve successful or not is an explanation.

What was mostly decent recruitment process is let down by an inability to communicate at the very final hurdle.

Interview Questions

• Can you tell me about a campaign you have delivered and what was the result?   Answer Question
    • How do you ensure standards are met when working with external agencies?   Answer Question
    • Can you tell me about a creative content/campaign you have developed?   Answer Question
    • How do you manage competing priorities/multiple stakeholders?   Answer Question

Senior Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at University of London (London, England (UK)) in March 2018.

Interview

Panel interview although I wouldn't have know unless I had asked about the structure beforehand. One interviewer did not bother to shake my hand or introduce themselves. Very little interest shown in anything asked in the interview. Felt uneasy throughout the interview because there was no preamble given about the role or about their knowledge of my CV.

Interview Questions

• give an example of a situation where you have had to prioritise your work   Answer Question

Accounts Payable Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at University of London (London, England (UK)) in October 2017.

Interview

Initated with short test, following by pannel interview. Each member of the staff took a go, asking question related to their job role. Finance, HR and Business manager. That was it

Interview Questions

• Tell us a time when you were customer focused.. Tell us a time when you worked in a group. Tell us a time when you lead a group. Tell us a time when you demonstrated leadership skills   1 Answer

Lecturer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at University of London (London, England (UK)).

Interview

I flew to London for a 10:00am interview at Goldsmiths University, which required an overnight stay that I was not reimbursed for. (I was reimbursed for the flight.) Upon entering the interview, it was obvious that I was a place-holder, filling a requirement for publicly advertising the position, as the people I would be working with and for were not even there, and results were to be shared later that day. Therefore, I began the interview knowing that I already didn't have the job and that I was out quite a bit of money for my trouble.

Interview Questions

• Will you be okay teaching evening courses? (This was not how the position was advertised.)   1 Answer