University of Louisiana at Lafayette Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated May 22, 2017

2.0

Graduate Research Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lafayette, LA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at University of Louisiana at Lafayette (Lafayette, LA) in August 2016.

Interview

The professor had asked me a few questions on my previous work experience and asked my to explain about my projects. I started to tell him where I did my undergraduate and schooling and then explained about my projects. I had also done an android project which I described it to him.

Interview Questions

• Did I have any mobile programming experience and what was that?   1 Answer

Graduate Teaching Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lafayette, LA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at University of Louisiana at Lafayette (Lafayette, LA) in January 2016.

Interview

Initially, you need to submit your resume to CACS advisor. After studying your resume, he will set up an interview based on the course work and your grades you have achieved in the previous semesters.

Interview Questions

• Which programming languages are you comfortable?   1 Answer

Graduate Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lafayette, LA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at University of Louisiana at Lafayette (Lafayette, LA) in February 2015.

Interview

Great, friendly. I explained my previous experiences and how it relates to the job description. I got an interview in days. They were friendly and warm. I encourage people to come prepared with fit answers to questions such as why should we hire you? Tell me when you worked in a team and your contribution? How would you handle a team mate that is not following guild-lines?

Teaching Assistant Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at University of Louisiana at Lafayette in January 2014.

Interview

It was one on one interview with department head? After about a week I received email asking me to submit my personal information to the secretary for processing of the final appointment offer. A month later, I was given my assigned class and all the necessary decument

Graduate Research Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lafayette, LA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at University of Louisiana at Lafayette (Lafayette, LA) in December 2013.

Interview

Over the phone. He asked me about my research interests and job experience. Offered me the job in an email later, He happened to be the smartest and coolest professor I ever worked with. He was nice and understanding. Tried to help me get a higher pay but university wasn't cooperating.

Clerk Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at University of Louisiana at Lafayette in September 2013.

Interview

It was very simple. Not very many questions were asked. If a person is willing to learn as they go they will do fine at this job. I was actually hired on the spot. I began the job the next day after the interview.

Help Desk Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lafayette, LA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at University of Louisiana at Lafayette (Lafayette, LA) in August 2013.

Interview

The interview was very pleasant. I was asked some general interview questions, and answered accordingly. After all was said and done I got the job. Unfortunately, funding was cut, and so was I, the following year.

Interview Questions

• What made you want this job?   1 Answer

Graduate Assistant Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at University of Louisiana at Lafayette.

Interview

Hiring based on being able to fine a position. Does not have to be within your field of study, but can be helpful if it is. Much of the interview depends on the area you will be working in. Definitely a plus if you were/are involved on campus. Good grades are a must

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation. Base salary plus tuition.

Student Aide Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lafayette, LA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at University of Louisiana at Lafayette (Lafayette, LA) in June 2013.

Interview

I submitted an application and they looked at called me in and asked me when I could start. There was really no interview they just asked me if I knew my alphabet and could file.

Interview Questions

• They really just asked when I could start and how much I could work.   Answer Question

Negotiation

There was no negotiation phase

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at University of Louisiana at Lafayette in January 2013.

Interview

Interview is technical. I answered well. I answered almost all the questions which i was asked on my resume. They will test your spontaneousness, technical and soft skills, presentation skills. Hired me . It went cool, Interviewers are very friendly. Arranged lunch after done with interview process. Nothing more to say about it. Such a good experience.

Interview Questions

• General Technical ques on c/c++/java and on your job exp.   1 Answer