University of Louisville Interview Questions in Kentucky | Glassdoor

2.7

28 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

PhD Graduate Student Interview

Anonymous Employee in Louisville, KY

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at University of Louisville (Louisville, KY).

Interview

Fairly straightforward process. Sought out researchers in fields of interest and engaged them via e-mail or in person when possible. Written proposal and a presentation on said proposal. In-person discussion of previous work and interests.

Interview Questions

• A brief research proposal was required to stake out specific details of work.   Answer Question

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Louisville, KY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at University of Louisville (Louisville, KY).

Interview

I was contacted by email regarding a phone interview, so a time and date was set. I was contacted that day and was interviewed by four kind ladies. Their mode of interviewing by phone was speakerphone though and it was a bit distracting with everyone talking and asking questions and answering questions. It was pleasant and no-pressure.

Interview Questions

• How would you deal with very upset students or parents?   Answer Question

Executive Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Louisville, KY

Application

I interviewed at University of Louisville (Louisville, KY) in May 2017.

Interview

There was one phone interview, and two in-person interviews as receiving interviewing questions via email. I personally felt that the interview process for this position was over-kill. I was asked the same questions by different team members, almost as if they did not communicate prior to establishing the interview time frames, etc...and honestly, I was disappointed that I was never contacted to explain why I was not selected so I could improve or to tell me that I was not selected. It is almost like it just died off which I felt was odd since the interview process was so heavy and happened so rapid pace.

Interview Questions

• Greatest achievement, asked about budget, how I as an employee worked with others and handling customers, how i would manage my time and projects, some questions in regards to what MS Suite i currently used, experience managing multiple accounts, etc..   Answer Question

Program Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Louisville, KY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at University of Louisville (Louisville, KY) in April 2017.

Interview

It was a phone interview, which was very difficult. You are interviewed by two individuals who ask rapid fire questions and expect immediate responses without any time for processing of the question itself.

Interview Questions

• The questions asked were typical questions that had obviously been obtained from an internet source. I was asked about my current position, where do I see myself in five years, to describe an instance each of a time when I was successful and when I was unsuccessful in my working career.   Answer Question

Lab Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Louisville, KY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at University of Louisville (Louisville, KY).

Interview

Interview process was simple. Tell us about yourself. Include some moments where you had to troubleshoot problems in the past. Tell us about a negative situation that you had to deal with in a workplace. Tell us some details in regards to your schooling. Tell us about some difficulties faced in college. What is your favorite subject.

Resident Assistant Leader Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Louisville, KY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at University of Louisville (Louisville, KY) in November 2015.

Interview

Very relaxed and laid back, but they prefer you rob dress business professional. There were two people to ask you questions that sometimes were repeated but in a different context. They were somehow difficult if you didn't do your homework.

Interview Questions

• Why are you a great candidate   1 Answer

REACH Level II Tutor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Louisville, KY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at University of Louisville (Louisville, KY).

Interview

Very casual and easy questions. They do not try to stump you really. They just want to make sure you are capable of explaining the material to your peers and that you have a decent personality.

Speech-Language Pathologist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Louisville, KY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5+ months. I interviewed at University of Louisville (Louisville, KY).

Interview

Took a long time. Began in June, didn't start until end of October. Could be due to fact that the job was made for me within the department, due to outstanding resume. Also an interdepartmental tragedy occurred during my interview process that slowed down response time.

Interview Questions

• What standardized tests am I familiar with administering? What new ideas could I bring to the program?   Answer Question

Graduate Teaching Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Louisville, KY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at University of Louisville (Louisville, KY) in April 2015.

Interview

In depth discussion of necessary qualifications and jobs requirements. Included discussing previous coursework, performance in courses, work with other professors, future career goals, and relevant experience. Also discussed likely job duties and responsibilities. Ended with a discussion of the particular classes I would be a graduate teaching assistant in, how many hours per week I was expected to work, what my salary would be, etc.

Graduate Research Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Louisville, KY

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at University of Louisville (Louisville, KY) in December 2014.

Interview

Very simple, was contacted for the position through my graduate school, met with supervisor once and got the position, the position is easy to get if your graduate school is connected to the department you are applying to

Interview Questions

• Simple and standard, tell about myself, interests, why I wanted the position, etc.   Answer Question