University of Louisville Interview Questions in Louisville, KY | Glassdoor

Updated May 10, 2017

2.6

Lab Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Louisville, KY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at University of Louisville (Louisville, KY).

Interview

Interview process was simple. Tell us about yourself. Include some moments where you had to troubleshoot problems in the past. Tell us about a negative situation that you had to deal with in a workplace. Tell us some details in regards to your schooling. Tell us about some difficulties faced in college. What is your favorite subject.

Resident Assistant Leader Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Louisville, KY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at University of Louisville (Louisville, KY) in November 2015.

Interview

Very relaxed and laid back, but they prefer you rob dress business professional. There were two people to ask you questions that sometimes were repeated but in a different context. They were somehow difficult if you didn't do your homework.

Interview Questions

• Why are you a great candidate   1 Answer

REACH Level II Tutor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Louisville, KY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at University of Louisville (Louisville, KY).

Interview

Very casual and easy questions. They do not try to stump you really. They just want to make sure you are capable of explaining the material to your peers and that you have a decent personality.

Speech-Language Pathologist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Louisville, KY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5+ months. I interviewed at University of Louisville (Louisville, KY).

Interview

Took a long time. Began in June, didn't start until end of October. Could be due to fact that the job was made for me within the department, due to outstanding resume. Also an interdepartmental tragedy occurred during my interview process that slowed down response time.

Interview Questions

• What standardized tests am I familiar with administering? What new ideas could I bring to the program?   Answer Question

Graduate Teaching Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Louisville, KY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at University of Louisville (Louisville, KY) in April 2015.

Interview

In depth discussion of necessary qualifications and jobs requirements. Included discussing previous coursework, performance in courses, work with other professors, future career goals, and relevant experience. Also discussed likely job duties and responsibilities. Ended with a discussion of the particular classes I would be a graduate teaching assistant in, how many hours per week I was expected to work, what my salary would be, etc.

Graduate Research Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Louisville, KY

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at University of Louisville (Louisville, KY) in December 2014.

Interview

Very simple, was contacted for the position through my graduate school, met with supervisor once and got the position, the position is easy to get if your graduate school is connected to the department you are applying to

Interview Questions

• Simple and standard, tell about myself, interests, why I wanted the position, etc.   Answer Question

Undergraduate Teaching Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Louisville, KY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at University of Louisville (Louisville, KY) in December 2014.

Interview

Before a student is accepted as a STEM teaching assistant, the program leader will determine eligibility based on a few basic pre-requesites. Performance evaluation is based on Departmental grades and participation.

Interview Questions

• What are your grades and availability looking like?   1 Answer

Administrative Specialist (Division of Cardiovascular Medicine) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Louisville, KY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at University of Louisville (Louisville, KY) in September 2014.

Interview

8/5/14: Referred to the position by an employee. Applied.
    8/28/14: Contacted by office representative. Scheduled first interview.
    9/4/14: I confirmed and attended the first interview.
    9/25/14: Contacted by office representative to schedule second interview. I responded but we needed more time than one day could afford to coordinate schedules.
    9/26/14: Scheduled second interview.
    10/8/14: I confirmed and attended the second interview. I was told at the end by the second interviewer to expect the search to "wrap up in a few days." I e-mailed the conductor of the first interview to let her know that the second interview went well.
    11/6/14: I e-mailed the conductor of the first interview to request an update. She responded that the search was re-opened by the second interviewer to new candidates but still ongoing and that previous candidates have not been ruled out. I was told that the office hoped to select someone "by next week" (11/14 at the latest).
    12/16/14: I e-mailed the conductor of the first interview to notify her that I was no longer interested. As of 12/20/14, no response has been given. I have not heard from a representative since 11/6/2014 despite being told on 10/8 to expect a decision around 10/14/14, then being told on 11/6 to expect a decision around 11/14.

Research Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Louisville, KY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at University of Louisville (Louisville, KY).

Interview

I submitted my application and was contacted for an interview one week later. The interview went very smoothly and the supervisor was courteous, professional, and showed interest in who I was and what I was looking for. The supervisors office was a little cluttered and very small but they were in the process of re-locating.

Interview Questions

• Do you know anything about electrophysiology?   1 Answer

Negotiation

There was no negotiating, the pay was fair and more than I expected.

Dental Clinic Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Louisville, KY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at University of Louisville (Louisville, KY).

Interview

Initial emailing back and forth with supervisor. Came in for "interview," which turned into an overwhelming tour of the entire dental school. Received phone call within a few days offering me the job.

Interview Questions

• Wasn't really much of an interview. Supervisor asked a few questions regarding my resume and past work experience. Then dove right into trying to overwhelm me with a tour of every inch of the building.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Wasn't much of a negotiation. Supervisor said "I can offer you $$. And can you start on this peticular date?"