University of Manchester Interview Questions in Manchester, England | Glassdoor

2.5

21 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Receptionist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Manchester, England (UK)

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at University of Manchester (Manchester, England (UK)) in June 2017.

Interview

You get interviewed by three people. The first person asks five questions, then you move on to the next and so on as the questions are grouped in a logical way. The atmosphere was relaxed and one person kept making spelling errors. This helped me relax and try to do my best. It was a formal interview though and my advice would be to use the STAR technique and keep talking.

Interview Questions

• What would you change at your former work place?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time when you dealt with a difficult customer/colleague.   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time when you went beyond expectations.   Answer Question
    • What does health and safety mean to you?   Answer Question
    • What would you do if a visitor asked you to reveal information about a student?   Answer Question

Student Administrative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Manchester, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at University of Manchester (Manchester, England (UK)) in December 2016.

Interview

The interview was preformed in an assessment centre, as stated on their site. The assessment centre involve two group tasks and one skill assessment in almost a group of 8, depending on the size of your interview groups, including a short presentation and a task prioritising analysing task that would be discussed within a whole group. The interviewers did state that there are four other batch of students that are going to be accessed for the role, and the number of the role available is still uncertain. The skill assessment with proof reading and error spotting on budget sheets and other data, excels.

Interview Questions

• You need to proof read a short passages (including three paragraphs) in 5 minutes and correct all the mistakes on the paper.   1 Answer

Language Tutor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Manchester, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at University of Manchester (Manchester, England (UK)).

Interview

I applied through their website, filled an application form in and emailed it to the relevant person. I was shortlisted for an interview within a week. They arranged an interview with me and asked me to deliver a demo lesson. It went really well. The interview panel was very friendly, approachable and professional people who knew what they wanted. I was pleased that I was offered the job at the end of the interview.

Biologic Studies Group Project Support Officer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Manchester, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at University of Manchester (Manchester, England (UK)) in May 2016.

Interview

You have to do a data entry test, which is timed and lasts 15 minutes. You are asked to enter data from a patient's history sheet into an Access database. [Apparently I didn't too well on this though I have experience working in Access]. Then there was the interview with three members from the group. It's office-based work so the dressing style should be formal. The interview lasted about 20 minutes, including the time reserved for you to ask questions and be answered.

Research Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Manchester, England (UK)

Interview

The interview had simple questions but they did mock at me being a researcher from overseas. The kind of asked very basic questions out of the text book which apparently the panel thought were tricky. The entire panel were composed of senior lecturers and one reader. One of the questions they asked itself was wrong in the context which it was asked, though I tried to correct them, they stayed adamant. In overall the interview was easy, though I felt a insulted due the mannerism during the process.

Postdoctoral Researcher Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Manchester, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at University of Manchester (Manchester, England (UK)) in October 2015.

Interview

Informal interview. Was asked to prepare a 10 minute presentation which was shown individually (rather than to multiple candidates), which was followed by a chat with the two PIs involved in the project. Afterwards was shown around the lab and met lab members.

Interview Questions

• Questions about project; my status (recently submitted PhD) but mostly a discussion of the project   Answer Question

Research Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Manchester, England (UK)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at University of Manchester (Manchester, England (UK)) in October 2015.

Interview

Face to face interview was pleasant and easy. The Interviewers were very friendly and the process was not stressful. They have asked typical questions. I had everything required for this specific job offer so questions were about my general attitude

Academic Interview

Anonymous Employee in Manchester, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at University of Manchester (Manchester, England (UK)).

Interview

Good, thorough and properly conducted. It was done by a large panel of competent people. I enjoyed the experience and I thought it was very fair. Lasted a long time and I felt i could put my case forward very effectively. Questions were fair and specific. they really knew what they were looking for and probed accordingly

Interview Questions

• Career projection, expectations etc. they wanted ambitious people   Answer Question

Student Interview

Anonymous Employee in Manchester, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at University of Manchester (Manchester, England (UK)) in June 2014.

Interview

just follow the ucas process
    Then they accepted my once that I met the grades that they required me to have.
    The offer became validated once I sent them my transcript from my final exam.
    Before they asked my to write a cover letter saying why Manchester

Research Fellow Interview

Anonymous Employee in Manchester, England (UK)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at University of Manchester (Manchester, England (UK)).

Interview

A bit demeaing considering the credentials I have. A lot of unecessary questions were put forward.

Negotiation