University of Manitoba Interview Questions | Glassdoor

University of Manitoba Interview Questions

2.2

Research Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Winnipeg, MB (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at University of Manitoba (Winnipeg, MB (Canada)).

Interview

Two interviews for a lowly research assistant position (level 2). I think this was just a preference of the department I interviewed in and not the norm. Pretty demanding in my opinion.

Questions included:
    1) Conflict with coworker and how you dealt with it
    2) Experience publishing an article
    3) Experience in providing research assistance

Technician II Interview

Anonymous Employee in Winnipeg, MB (Canada)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at University of Manitoba (Winnipeg, MB (Canada)) in December 2014.

Interview

Questions are easy and straightforward. Asked some very common behavioral questions. There were two person in the interview board and they were very friendly. The interview took around 20 minutes and after that they were discussing about their programs,

Information Technologist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Winnipeg, MB (Canada)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at University of Manitoba (Winnipeg, MB (Canada)) in November 2014.

Interview

The head of the department and another departmental executive performed an in-person interview that lasted about an hour. The atmosphere was relatively relaxed and informal. Questioning was primarily focused on knowledge-testing and assessments of interpersonal and customer service abilities. Interviewers were fairly open and responsive to applicant questions about job duties and departmental philosophies.

Interview Questions

• How I would manage an IT call from someone displaying clear signs of agitation/frustration.   Answer Question

Developer Interview

Interview

nice good If you're looking for long-term growth prospects, challenging work, smart colleagues, and a global employer with a high-performance culture, we invite you to explore the world of opportunity at Invesco.

Food Service Helper Interview

Anonymous Employee in Winnipeg, MB (Canada)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at University of Manitoba (Winnipeg, MB (Canada)) in August 2014.

Interview

this was a 1:1 process.... I was asked various questions about 50 where I had to reply and my response was written down by the interviewer,,, any question that seemed unclear to me was explained by the interviewer and I was able to provide the response.

Interview Questions

• how would I use the skills I have to impact the company   Answer Question

Office Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at University of Manitoba.

Interview

After applying online, received a call for an interview after about a month. Met with 2 individuals, one of whom was the supervisor for this position. Questions were asked by each interviewer in alternating format.

Asked a lot of questions regarding how I deal with deadlines, confrontations and solving problems.

After 1st interview, received a call for a second interview 2 weeks later. Interviewers were the same supervisor and one team member. Questions were more focused with scenarios and situations being defined.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if someone was upset for having reached 5 other people and being transferred to you? They are not willing to be transferred again.   1 Answer

Negotiation

I accepted what was offered, which was better than what I was currently receiving. Full-time benefits were probably the best offer.

Postdoctoral Fellow Interview

Anonymous Employee in Winnipeg, MB (Canada)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at University of Manitoba (Winnipeg, MB (Canada)) in September 2013.

Interview

I met with the PI and he described the project I will be working on and it was more of a discussion later on. Then I was asked about the possible starting date.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I did not negotiate.

CADLab Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Winnipeg, MB (Canada)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at University of Manitoba (Winnipeg, MB (Canada)) in August 2012.

Interview

I applied online via email. About two weeks later I received an interview which lasted a very short amount of time. The interview was conducted over the phone and it was mainly to verify my information and available start date. I had a strong background and a lot of experience in the field so that may have resulted in a short interview. There may have also been a small applicant pool.

Research Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Winnipeg, MB (Canada)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at University of Manitoba (Winnipeg, MB (Canada)) in March 2012.

Interview

There wasn't really a review process. I had asked if there were any positions available, I was told there was and would I like to apply, I said yes. They asked if they could view my transcript, they did. then I was asked when I could start.