KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

Engaged Employer

Add an Interview

University of Maryland Advisor Interview Questions

Updated May 17, 2022

To filter interviews, or .
Found 3 of over 310 interviews

Applied online50%
3.3
HardAverageEasy

University of Maryland

Application

I interviewed at University of Maryland

Interview

Online app 2 step interview with all team members Overview of the job responsibility Questions about candidate Questions about advising style and goals Opportunity to ask questions Meet with team members Questions regarding how to handle difficult situations and why the job is an ideal fit

Interview Questions
  • How would you describe your advising philosophy
    Answer Question
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in MISSING VALUE

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at University of Maryland in Aug 2010

Interview

After submitting my application online, I was invited to an interview with four interviewers and myself. While it was only 30 minutes, the panel used their time very appropriately, asking relevant questions and did a great job with follow-up questions to gain the information that they were searching for. They offered time at the end for questions about the position, office and specific details. I made it to the second round of interviews, where I had a 1:1 interview with the individual who would be my supervisor. This interview lasted one hour and was more in-depth to the specifics of the job. The interviewer did a great job detailing the duties and responsibilities of the position. One thing to keep in mind is the fact that the University of Maryland is a large university with a ton of smaller departments. Make sure that you're educated in the university as a whole, along with the specific department that you're applying to.

Interview Questions
  • Tell me about a time where you were confronted by an unhappy student.
1 person found this interview helpful

What people are saying about University of Maryland

Join the conversation on

Career Advice for Students

3m

works at

University of Maryland Global Campus

Hi everyone, I am currently a third year finance student at university of maryland global campus. I work full time and go to school full time. I have four years of customer service and i am an assistant manager at a small hotel. I applied to multiple internships but dint got any offer. I also have a 3.5 gpa right now and I’m just not sure as to why I don’t even get an interview… is it because my school is not very know or does it make a huge impact?

9 Comments

Join the conversation on

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Largo, MD

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at University of Maryland (Largo, MD) in May 2010

Interview

I thought the interview went great. I showed them my interest and my goals of becoming a good employee for the company. I also had to interview two other managers as well. They were nice and intelligent.

Interview Questions
  • What make you a good candiate for this job
Be the first to find this interview helpful