University of Maryland, Baltimore Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at University of Maryland, Baltimore

2.4

Clinical Research Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at University of Maryland, Baltimore (Baltimore, MD) in September 2017.

Interview

I applied online; about 3 weeks later I received a phone call requesting an in person interview. There were two in person interviews, about two weeks in between them. After the second interview I was told I would hear back by the following week (there were only two candidates remaining in the process, me and one other candidate). I did not hear back and did not receive a reply when I followed up.

Buyer I Interview

Anonymous Employee in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at University of Maryland, Baltimore (Baltimore, MD).

Interview

Very long process. First, I received an email requesting an interview about a month after I applied. Then, after the interview, it took about three weeks for them to send me the request for a background check. After that, it took another week and then I received a call with a job and my salary.

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Rockville, MD

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at University of Maryland, Baltimore (Rockville, MD) in January 2018.

Interview

Very brief. Just asked basic questions about my previous experience and my salary requirements. It was very casual and laid back. The interviewer was so nice and understanding when I was super nervous.

Interview Questions

• What kind of previous experience do you have in this environment?   1 Answer

Administrative Assistant II Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at University of Maryland, Baltimore in September 2015.

Interview

I applied online on a Thursday and was contacted the following Monday via email to schedule my assessments. The email stated that if I passed the assessments I would have the opportunity to interview with an Hr employee afterward. I did well on the tests and met with an Hr person for an interview. She asked situational questions and questions about my resume. That lasted about 3 hours. A week later I was contacted by the department to schedule and in person interview. I had the interview with the director and assistant director that lasted 30 minutes. It went well, but they seemed concerned about me not having exactly the direct experience they were looking for (she didn't say it but i could tell). They were very kind. I was emailed within the week letting me know they picked someone else. Great communication!

Management Interview

Anonymous Employee in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at University of Maryland, Baltimore (Baltimore, MD) in March 2013.

Interview

very informal, just meet the hiring manager in her office for about an hour and chat. there was very little pressure and you just talk about casual things and what you do.

Accountant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at University of Maryland, Baltimore (Baltimore, MD) in May 2016.

Interview

Interviewed with one person. She told me about the job. Was called back for a second interview with the CFO. I was told Human Resources was slow on hiring.

Assistant Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at University of Maryland, Baltimore (Baltimore, MD) in August 2011.

Interview

It was behavioral interview based. Not difficult, have to do your homework. It's a graduate and professional campus, so most of the hiring managers are MD's and PhD's. You cant BS them, tey know how to get to the heart of a question.

Interview Questions

• Describe an interaction with an unhappy customer.   1 Answer

Academic Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at University of Maryland, Baltimore (Baltimore, MD) in May 2015.

Interview

I interviewed with course director, and I was asked several questions. It was more towards my previous experience, and how I can contribute to this new role. Then, I was asked about my previous job and why I wanted to leave. I was also asked about my availability and how flexible I was with my schedule.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Yes, you are able to

Academic Coordinator Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at University of Maryland, Baltimore.

Interview

I was very excited for the interview. I interviewed with an Dean and one other person. It went very well but was rushed, I didn’t really get a chance to ask any questions. I was called back for a 2nd interview but the job was given to an internal candidate. When positions are only posted for two weeks, it’s for an internal candidate. Don’t bother with applying.

Research Scientist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at University of Maryland, Baltimore (Washington, DC) in February 2015.

Interview

straight forward and asked questions that were relevant and helpful in the whole process. Had to give a job talk, which was welll received and people asked good questions. overall it was not a difficult process