KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

Engaged Employer

Add an Interview

University of Maryland Faculty Research Assistant Interview Questions

Updated Mar 30, 2016

To filter interviews, or .
Found 5 of over 311 interviews

Applied online20%
2.2
HardAverageEasy

University of Maryland

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at University of Maryland

Interview

I saw that there was a job search online and through a friend, I turned my resume in and then was called in for an interview. After the interview I was contacted within a week with an offer. The interview was relatively short, was it was nerve wracking because I had to know details about the lab and the work they were doing there.

Interview Questions
  • They asked what my goals were for my research and my career.
    Answer Question
1 person found this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in College Park, MD

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at University of Maryland (College Park, MD) in May 2014

Interview

I already knew the Principal Investigator so it was as easy as an invitation and conversation on some projects that I would take on. What my hours would be. How long I intend to stay. Overall, a pleasant experience given that I already knew my boss.

Interview Questions
  • What projects would you like to take on? What is your background in laboratory management?

What people are saying about University of Maryland

Join the conversation on

Career Advice for Students

3m

works at

University of Maryland Global Campus

Hi everyone, I am currently a third year finance student at university of maryland global campus. I work full time and go to school full time. I have four years of customer service and i am an assistant manager at a small hotel. I applied to multiple internships but dint got any offer. I also have a 3.5 gpa right now and I’m just not sure as to why I don’t even get an interview… is it because my school is not very know or does it make a huge impact?

9 Comments

Join the conversation on

Anonymous Employee in MISSING VALUE

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at University of Maryland

Interview

I was contacted directly by the hiring Principal Investigator (PI) initially by email to arrange a phone interview. The phone interview lasted approximately 15-20 min. and consisted of background questions about previous work experience and basic information about the position being offered. During the phone interview we arranged for a one-on-one interview that took place on campus. The atmosphere was very relaxed and the interview was conducted by the hiring PI. Within a few days I was contacted and offered the position and there was one final on-site visit to confirm the details of the contract. Overall it was a straightforward and relaxed experience.

Interview Questions
  • There were no unexpected or particularly challenging questions.

Anonymous Employee in College Park, MD

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at University of Maryland (College Park, MD)

Interview

It is actually a postdoc position. The faculty member and I knew each other pretty well before the interview. So the interview process is mostly that he introduced me about his lab and the department after I talked about my previous research work in details. He did bring another senior faculty member to interview me and the senior faculty member asked several tough questions. But I got passed anyway.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through an employee referral The process took 1 day. I interviewed at University of Maryland (Washington, DC) in Dec 2011

Interview

Interview Questions
  • The interview was pretty simple. They asked questions about my prior experience, whether I was good with customer service, why I wanted to be there, my education, my future plans etc.
RSS Feed</>Embed