University of Maryland Global Campus Communications Specialist Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Find jobs for Communications Specialist

Interviews at University of Maryland Global Campus

1 Interview Review

2.0

Communications Specialist Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at University of Maryland Global Campus in August 2018.

Interview

Was first called by a recruiter and spoke with her for about fifteen minutes and that went very well. Then another recruiter emailed me to see when I would be available to have a second interview. Now in this message there was very misleading information: 1. She called it a "WebEx interview". 2. She said it was a "business professional interview" 3. She said "the team looks forward to meeting you. These three items lead me to believe I was having a video interview with several people and it would take some time. I researched how to be successful in one of these video interviews because I had never had one before, and the biggest piece of advice way to have a very good microphone, so I went out and purchased one. Three day before I set up lights, and the morning of I did my hair, my make up, and dressed up. It ended up being a phone call which threw me to be honest, and then this person was saying she only wanted to talk to me for twenty minutes, when I was expecting an hour video call with several people. On top of this I know the woman only had her new manager position for two months as I looked her up online, and I believe she had never conducted interviews before and she did not do a good job with me. So, not only was I mislead on what kind of interview I would have, I was the likely the first interview of the day for the very first interview by this woman. She did not do as good job starting things off and I think I was who suffered for it, which is really disappointing.

Interview Questions