University of Maryland Global Campus Field Representative Interview Questions | Glassdoor

University of Maryland Global Campus Field Representative Interview Questions

Interviews at University of Maryland Global Campus

2.7

Field Representative Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at University of Maryland Global Campus.

Interview

After seeing a local posting for a Field Representative position, I submitted a paper application in person and scheduled an interview with the Senior Field Representative when I dropped off the application. The interview was straightforward and fairly easy. There were basic questions about my job history. The Senior mentioned she hired me because of my history of working with adult students. Be sure to understand the dynamics of UMUC Europe before the interview (non-traditional/military students, overseas sites, etc). They definitely wanted to know if I knew how UMUC Europe was different than other universities.

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation where you had to deal with a difficult customer.   Answer Question

Negotiation

There is no negotiating on pay for Field Representatives. Also, raises are pretty nonexistent. You might be able to negotiate your hours, depending on the office you work in.

Other Interview Reviews for University of Maryland Global Campus

Field Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Ramstein-Miesenbach (Germany)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at University of Maryland Global Campus (Ramstein-Miesenbach (Germany)).

Interview

Excellent experience with hiring manager. Do your research on UMUC prior to the interview. Know UMUC's history and footprint in Europe. Express why you are interested in working with military students and spouses. Be a team player, have a positive/good attitude, and show a willingness to learn.

Field Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Okinawa (Japan)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at University of Maryland Global Campus (Okinawa (Japan)) in August 2013.

Interview

It was a fairly normal interview. There were questions about how to handle difficult situations, how you would handle a mistake you made, how to handle angry students. It was a simple interview, no curve balls.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle a student who says you didn't call them back when you said you would?   Answer Question