University of Maryland Global Campus Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at University of Maryland Global Campus

2.6

Associate Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at University of Maryland Global Campus (New York, NY).

Interview

Contacted by HR via email for a quick screen, then Webex interview. I did amazing in the interview and they told me I'd move to the next round (probably happening the next week). I wait two weeks and drop them a line to get an update, and I'm told the interviewer is busy but that I should hear back the next week. That week comes and goes, another half week goes, and still nothing.

I understand people get busy, but at a certain point it just becomes poor time management on the part of the interviewer, not "busy".

Collections Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hyattsville, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at University of Maryland Global Campus (Hyattsville, MD) in February 2012.

Interview

Long and drawn out over a 2-3 month process, it was a very easy interview and not much pressure. I had a lot of interest in the job, but the length of the process when doing interviews that never lasted more than 30 minutes could have been condensed in 1 lengthy interview.

More money offered thru another company that I had sent my resume to after a month and a half into this process.

Operations Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Largo, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at University of Maryland Global Campus (Largo, MD) in November 2015.

Interview

Applied and was contacted the next day for a phone interview with HR. Conducted the phone interview and was moved on to an in-person interview. Interviewed with 4 different managers and was called back the next day to interview with 2 higher level managers. Overall, many questions about background and ability to work with data and analysis.

Interview Questions

• 1. Do you have experience with extracting data and manipulating the data?
      2. Explain your experience with writing and communicating business processes and procedures?
      3. Provide background in working with CRM systems, specifically Salesforce?   Answer Question

Admission Advisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Largo, MD

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at University of Maryland Global Campus (Largo, MD) in April 2017.

Interview

One phone interview
    Two In-person interview
    The first interview you have at a hiring event that you are invited to once you fill out the app online. Then you will be invited to a second interview will a panel of assistant directors, etc. After that your're pretty much in.

Interview Questions

• Give an example of a time you disagreed with your supervisor?   Answer Question

Admissions Advisor Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at University of Maryland Global Campus.

Interview

I first had a phone interview. The person asked me to tell her about myself in terms of how many years experience I have, etc. They went over a few things about the company (the history and things like that). They went over the benefits package like paid time off, insurance, tuition remission, etc. They advised the date I'd be starting if I get offered the position. At the end, they advised they would submit all the info to someone else and they would decide whether or not to bring me in for an in-person interview. It wasn't long until someone got back to me and scheduled an in-person interview. I was interviewed by 2 people and was asked very standard interview questions. After the interview, I was shown around the office I would be working (which is almost always a good sign you're going to be hired) and met a few of the other advisors and managers. I was offered the job a few weeks later which was 3 weeks before I started working.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time you did something wrong on the job and how it was handled.   Answer Question

Adjunct Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at University of Maryland Global Campus in May 2019.

Interview

Friendly phone call, but that was not the issue. I was offered the job, accepted, then began the paperwork. The hiring process was disproportionately convoluted for an adjunction position background checks and official transcripts I understand, but this level of past employment verification, required previous years tax forms, having to go to a Notary public. Plus, I am still waiting to learn what the compensation would have been. I've had full-time jobs with less invasive on boarding. It sent up a huge red flag and I rescinded my acceptance.

Undergraduate Teaching Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Rockville, MD

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at University of Maryland Global Campus (Rockville, MD) in January 2013.

Interview

My interview process started out after I had been a student with the same professor for a few classes. My interview went very well, it was done in person on campus. The interview was very informative on what I needed to do.

Admissions Counselor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Largo, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at University of Maryland Global Campus (Largo, MD) in May 2013.

Interview

I was called for a phone interview. After passing that I was called in to speak with two Assistant Directors (ADs) in a panel-like interview. They then took me on a tour of the place and made sure that I knew it was a call center environment. I heard back from them 3 weeks later letting me know I got the job.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work here?   1 Answer

Admissions Counselor Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at University of Maryland Global Campus in June 2015.

Interview

The process took a few weeks, interview questions were mainly concerning sales. This is a phone center environment. Interviewers were nice. The interview felt right, but received a email directly after saying I didn't get the job

Adjunct Faculty Interview

Anonymous Employee in College Park, MD

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at University of Maryland Global Campus (College Park, MD) in April 2012.

Interview

Telephone interview

Interview Questions

Negotiation

All pay rates are posted.