University of Maryland Global Campus Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at University of Maryland Global Campus

2.6

Academic Advisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Largo, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at University of Maryland Global Campus (Largo, MD) in November 2014.

Interview

All those brought in for interview are sitting in chairs waiting to be called forward. 8 sets of two current supervisors in the specific department will conduct interview. They ask 3-5 questions related to position and judge answers and past experience. If you pass the initial review they will have a team of current advisors take you on a brief tour of the departments and where you would be working.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time when you were dealing with a frustrated student and what you did to ease their anger and fix the situation?   Answer Question

Academic Advisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Largo, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 7+ weeks. I interviewed at University of Maryland Global Campus (Largo, MD) in July 2013.

Interview

Was offered an interview about a month after applying. From there, came to interview in person and was offered the position about two weeks later. The interview was conducted by a panel of assistant directors who asked me a series of very standard interview questions.

I smiled often, played up my collegiate student affairs background, and talked at length about how I was interested in higher education. I was not taken on a tour of the office, and the whole interview itself took about 30 minutes.

Overall there was a lot of uncertainty between application - interview and interview- offer.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work here?

What is your experience and background with higher education?

Are you comfortable with speaking on the phone?   Answer Question

Executive Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Adelphi, MD

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at University of Maryland Global Campus (Adelphi, MD) in November 2018.

Interview

A recruiter found my resume on the internet. He called me and asked me a few questions about my background. The salary for this position was already set (60 K) . The recruiter had me fix my resume and they submitted it for review. I was called for an in person interview a couple days later. She asked why I have a degree in science and made a comment that people with PhD's make 40 K.

Interview Questions

• Why do you have a Master's degree in Science and applying for Executive Coordinator ?
      How would you handle a co worker asking you about confidential information?   Answer Question

Project Management Interview

Anonymous Employee in College Park, MD

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at University of Maryland Global Campus (College Park, MD) in January 2016.

Interview

Long, 3 interviews over 2+ months with a phone screen, and multiple panel interview days. Long wait from initial interview & phone screen for a decision. Many questions about people and navigating difficult culture, which turned out to be true.

Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in College Park, MD

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at University of Maryland Global Campus (College Park, MD) in May 2013.

Interview

Fast response from resume submit
    Interview with too many people that have no clue

Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Largo, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at University of Maryland Global Campus (Largo, MD) in April 2015.

Interview

I was contacted by HR a few days after applying to set up a phone interview with HR. This phone conversation was very basic; a typical phone screen; seeing how your experience lines up with what the hiring manager is looking for. I then met with the person who was hiring for the position. The interview was very casual and conversational; she encouraged questions throughout. After that was to be a panel interview.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at University of Maryland Global Campus in October 2011.

Interview

When I interviewed with UMUC I was very honest about my expectations, and I feel like they put me in a position that was every I never wanted in job.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at University of Maryland Global Campus.

Interview

After seeing a local posting for a Field Representative position, I submitted a paper application in person and scheduled an interview with the Senior Field Representative when I dropped off the application. The interview was straightforward and fairly easy. There were basic questions about my job history. The Senior mentioned she hired me because of my history of working with adult students. Be sure to understand the dynamics of UMUC Europe before the interview (non-traditional/military students, overseas sites, etc). They definitely wanted to know if I knew how UMUC Europe was different than other universities.

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation where you had to deal with a difficult customer.   Answer Question

Negotiation

There is no negotiating on pay for Field Representatives. Also, raises are pretty nonexistent. You might be able to negotiate your hours, depending on the office you work in.

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at University of Maryland Global Campus in June 2015.

Interview

Spoke with a representative on the phone for screening about two days after applying online. Official interview was with a panel of three employees (two managers and another employee in a separate financial aid department). Interview lasted less than 20 minutes and had about 12 questions.

Interview Questions

• Was working in customer service filed prior to starting this job and was a recent college graduate.   Answer Question

Financial Aid Counselor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Largo, MD

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at University of Maryland Global Campus (Largo, MD) in May 2018.

Interview

Applied on Monday and by that Friday I had received a call from HR to do a phone screening. Afterwards he said he would forward my information to someone and I should receive a call to schedule face to face interview. 4 days later I had my interview with a 3 person panel. They ask generic questions and I felt I answered them all with confidence. We all joked and laughed about things we could relate on so it wasn't super intimidating. At the end they let me know that they are still conducting interviews and would let me know within a week or two. I got a general email that next day saying I didn't get the job without stating why. Very disappointing!