Find jobs for Graduate Research Assistant

Engaged Employer

Add an Interview

University of Maryland Graduate Research Assistant Interview Questions

Updated Apr 12, 2021

To filter interviews, or .
Found 21 of over 316 interviews

Campus Recruiting11%
2.4
HardAverageEasy

University of Maryland

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at University of Maryland

Interview

I had to write personal statament and then I did a zoom interview about digital signal processing and ML theory questions. I had it with 3 different professors. One of them was in communication theory, 870 617 0717 jdjd used used ueje the other two were Machine Learning. Deep learning, and signal processing.

Interview Questions
  • The difference between supervised and unsupervised Machine learning
    Answer Question

University of Maryland

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at University of Maryland

Interview

I applied on-line. I got an email from my advisor after two weeks asking for an interview via Skype. I got the offer a week later and accepted that.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

What people are saying about University of Maryland

Join the conversation on

Career Advice for Students

5m

works at

University of Maryland Global Campus

Hi everyone, I am currently a third year finance student at university of maryland global campus. I work full time and go to school full time. I have four years of customer service and i am an assistant manager at a small hotel. I applied to multiple internships but dint got any offer. I also have a 3.5 gpa right now and I’m just not sure as to why I don’t even get an interview… is it because my school is not very know or does it make a huge impact?

9 Comments

Join the conversation on

University of Maryland

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at University of Maryland in Feb 2017

Interview

I reached out to my potential advisor, after a lengthy research of type of work the professor does. After a right timing and an email, the professor was interested in hiring me. Interview involved a Skype call and questions about previous research and why I wanted to move away from the previous place/research group.

Interview Questions
  • Technical details of previous research, general flexibility of working in experiments, modeling, reason to leave the previous research group.

University of Maryland

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 months. I interviewed at University of Maryland in Feb 2016

Interview

Once you apply for a PhD at the application portal your profile is sent to the individual professors mentioned in the statement of purpose. You are shorlisted and interviewed and maybe recommended for fellowship.

Interview Questions
  • What was your previous research experience and how is it related to the work done here?