Find jobs for Graduate Student

Engaged Employer

Add an Interview

University of Maryland Graduate Student Interview Questions

Updated Oct 21, 2019

To filter interviews, or .
Found 6 of over 311 interviews

Interviews at University of Maryland

Positive80%
Neutral20%
Applied online80%
In Person20%
HardAverageEasy

Anonymous Employee in College Park, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 week. I interviewed at University of Maryland (College Park, MD) in Feb 2016

Interview

Interview for School Counseling program consisted of a full day including an equity small group discussion, Q&A, small group interview, and writing sample. Gives very good information about the program itself. Small group interview was interesting in that it only consisted of the interviewer asking questions one at a time and going around to speak. I would recommend making sure you look like a team player in the small group interview, rather than just talking to get a word in. Personally, I made sure to comment on others' contributions as well.

Interview Questions
  • Q: What is one stressful situation you have encountered and what were the steps you took to overcome it?
    Answer Question
2 people found this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in Bangalore

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at University of Maryland (Bangalore) in Feb 2016

Interview

Interview process involves 3 essays and a one minute interview. Whole of the application process is online. There is a 1 minute video interview which is to see our behavior and English speaking ability.

Interview Questions
  • Why are you interested in this program?

What people are saying about University of Maryland

Join the conversation on

Career Advice for Students

3m

works at

University of Maryland Global Campus

Hi everyone, I am currently a third year finance student at university of maryland global campus. I work full time and go to school full time. I have four years of customer service and i am an assistant manager at a small hotel. I applied to multiple internships but dint got any offer. I also have a 3.5 gpa right now and I’m just not sure as to why I don’t even get an interview… is it because my school is not very know or does it make a huge impact?

9 Comments

Join the conversation on

Anonymous Employee in College Park, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 months. I interviewed at University of Maryland (College Park, MD) in Jan 2015

Interview

Apply to the Graduate School by the application deadline provining all required documents. Do not try to reach out to random faculty members if you do not have previous interaction. Highlight the research experience in your CV and statement of purpose.

Interview Questions
  • If you get a phone interview they might ask you some details of the research experience you have. And in general test your communication skills if you are not a native speaker.

Anonymous Employee in College Park, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 months. I interviewed at University of Maryland (College Park, MD) in Jan 2011

Interview

The most important aspect of the interview process is to ensure alignment between the adviser's work and student's research interests. If the student's interests diverge from those of the potential adviser's, it is crucial that the student verify that his or her research goals can be accommodated under the particular professor's mentor-ship and funding scheme.

Interview Questions
1 person found this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in College Park, MD

Application

I interviewed at University of Maryland (College Park, MD) in Mar 2010

Interview

Got an email scheduling phone interviews in March. They suggested to use skype. The faculty member was very nice and we briefly discussed our research. But since the professor was not working in that particular area. I focused on the methods and the generous results. Finally, he asked if I have any questions about the graduate program or the university

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at University of Maryland (Baltimore, MD) in Jan 2008

Interview

I had interview with the professor directly. He asked me general questions from my resume. After that explain the working environment, what they were doing in the labs etc. At the same they he hired me. Actually initially i was in provision kind of period of testing my professional knowledge and experience for a month or so. After that i signed the contract.

Interview Questions
  • can you work alone where there is no team at all?
1 person found this interview helpful