University of Maryland Interview Questions | Glassdoor

University of Maryland Interview Questions

Updated Oct 13, 2017

2.5

Research Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at University of Maryland.

Interview

I submit I application via email. About a week later, I was given a phone interview. They asked me several questions about my research and future plan of my career. And after two weeks I got the job. The process was very easy.

Interview Questions

• What's your plan for the next few years?   1 Answer

Police Interview

Anonymous Employee in College Park, MD

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at University of Maryland (College Park, MD).

Interview

The interview process consisted of talking to the training and recruitment police officer. It was a fairly standard interview consisting of relevant questions. Some situational questions were posed. There was a physical test, academic test (math and english skills), and drug test. The back ground investigation takes a few months to complete.

Interview Questions

• They asked me what I would do if I encountered a hostile citizen armed with a knife.   1 Answer

Student Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in College Park, MD

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at University of Maryland (College Park, MD).

Interview

Interviewed with two people asking you questions. Questions were fairly simple and the interview seemed to center a lot around how to treat a customer on the phone. The interview was in person and didn't last more than 30 minutes.

Resident Assistant Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at University of Maryland.

Interview

There were two interview an initial interview given to everyone where its more of a behavioral interview to see you as a person and another in the position it self. The interviewers are usually someone in the position and a Resident Director or another Resident Personal. They value hospitality and being true to the position above all.

Interview Questions

• If you had unlimited money what event would you have?   1 Answer

IT Systems Administrator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Silver Spring, MD

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at University of Maryland (Silver Spring, MD) in May 2017.

Interview

Taken by a panel of 4,
    all the basic concepts asked and troubleshooting problems.

Networking principles and programming/security basics!!!!!!

real life trouble shooting scenarios, windows concepts.
    undergraduate and graduate level courses
    project descriptions

Program Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Interview

Typical Behavioral Questions. Nothing too difficult. The best thing to do in order to prepare is go over the top 30 most asked interview questions and more than likely you will be fine.

Clinical Research Specialist- Department of Orthopedics Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at University of Maryland (New York, NY) in December 2016.

Interview

I received an email saying that my resume has been reviewed and that they'd like to interview me. I flew from a different state for the interview.

Interview process was with the 3 other Clinical Research Specialists and one Clinical Research Manager. The interview was engaging and they explained the role and asked questions about my background and my interest in Clinical Research etc...After the interview, I was shown a tour of the department and the campus. A positive experience.

HOWEVER, the follow up was very unprofessional. I had emailed the next day expressing my interest in the position and enquiring about further process. I received an email from one of the research specialists saying that the department liked me and that they'd like to schedule me for a second interview with the Department head. I held back my travel plans. As I was waiting for the email from them about the interview, I receive an email a few days later saying that the position has been filled and a formal thank you for my time.

1) If the position was still open and you were considering other candidates, why email and say that my second interview would be scheduled with the Department head? Why not just say that I didn't make the next process

2) They were pretty much non-existent after they sent the rejection email as I have followed up with more than one person sending them emails but, it was as if I have never existed.

I understand that the interview process involves many candidates. The least you can do is show back the professional attitude that the candidates go out of their way to show (especially when they travel from a different state because they're so interested in the organization) Atleast show them respect and apologize for the false emails and information.

Academic Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at University of Maryland (New York, NY).

Interview

I applied on the school website and heard back from them after a week or so. I got a phone call from them and made an appointment for a phone interview.

Senior Project Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at University of Maryland in December 2016.

Interview

First question interviewer asked is salary as he is concerned about that. Then interviewer asked questions using a standard question list then, I would guess. Whole process is not very nice.

Interview Questions

• Salary expectation especially if your current salary is higher than what the position offers.   Answer Question

Assistant Professor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in College Park, MD

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at University of Maryland (College Park, MD) in November 2016.

Interview

The interview process takes days and involving campus visiting, conversations with the dean, the departmental chair, another faculty, lunch with graduate students, and the job talk (presenting your dissertation). Before the oncampus visit, there was a Skype interview.