University of Maryland Interview Questions | Glassdoor

University of Maryland Interview Questions

Interviews at University of Maryland

2.5

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at University of Maryland.

Interview

Overall process was short and simple. I emailed a recruiter regarding the position and was scheduled for an interview the following week. Had one interview and was asked mostly behavioral questions. Had a few basic technical questions related to the job description, relatively simple.

Interview Questions

• Do you have plans for the summer (ie are you available)?   Answer Question

Program Specialist Interview

Interview

Two rounds of interview. First was a phone screen with two panelists, the second one was an onsite interview at the campus, including interviews with the hiring manager and meeting with the other team members.

IT Technician Interview

Interview

Easy. They just called. And then I went. And then I interviewed. And then I got the job. It was good. Now have been working there a long time. This would be a good interview for anyone to complete.

Interview Questions

Interview

One 30 minute interview, asking about general background and one technical question. Interview took place onsite, at the University of Maryland, College Park's Division of IT building. Interview was not very stressful and people were nice.

Interview Questions

• Explain a block of code so that a non-programmer could understand.   Answer Question

Research Assistant Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at University of Maryland.

Interview

Just had to provide my C.V. and explain how my experience fit with the role. Just make sure to underscore your interest in the research and have appropriate technical skills for the job.

Director Interview

Interview

Not too lengthy; many people in the room; had to give a presentation; phone interview then an in-person with the team + executive director; HR was friendly and speedy to work with

Interview Questions

• Tell me what you know about the University of Maryland?   Answer Question

Catering Services Interview

Anonymous Employee in College Park, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at University of Maryland (College Park, MD) in September 2019.

Interview

Interview with application. I applied through an online form and got an email for the interview. The interviewer was nice and considerate and asked me about my previous experience and knowledge.

Math Tutor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at University of Maryland (Baltimore, MD) in September 2019.

Interview

The interview went smoothly. The interviewer, the Director of the program, was a very professional and experienced person who asked just the right questions concerning my expectations from the role. I was asked questions like "What do you think you should do if a student is struggling to understand a particular concept?". I was not asked to solve any mathematical questions.

Graduate Assistant Interview

Application

The process took a week. I interviewed at University of Maryland in August 2019.

Interview

Well-organized. The 1st round involved in the typical interview questions like what is your strengths and weaknesses? How do you handle pressure? And interviewers are excellent, they didn't distance or pose higher power. It was an overall sufficient and professional interview.

Business Manager Interview

Interview

Once I applied it took approximately one and a half month to get through the interview processes. I created a profile in UMD job page and applied online. It required cover letter, resume and three references. One phone and one in person interview. I got the offer after three weeks after the in person interview.