University of Maryland Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Mar 24, 2017

2.5

Program Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Interview

Typical Behavioral Questions. Nothing too difficult. The best thing to do in order to prepare is go over the top 30 most asked interview questions and more than likely you will be fine.

Clinical Research Specialist- Department of Orthopedics Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at University of Maryland (New York, NY) in December 2016.

Interview

I received an email saying that my resume has been reviewed and that they'd like to interview me. I flew from a different state for the interview.

Interview process was with the 3 other Clinical Research Specialists and one Clinical Research Manager. The interview was engaging and they explained the role and asked questions about my background and my interest in Clinical Research etc...After the interview, I was shown a tour of the department and the campus. A positive experience.

HOWEVER, the follow up was very unprofessional. I had emailed the next day expressing my interest in the position and enquiring about further process. I received an email from one of the research specialists saying that the department liked me and that they'd like to schedule me for a second interview with the Department head. I held back my travel plans. As I was waiting for the email from them about the interview, I receive an email a few days later saying that the position has been filled and a formal thank you for my time.

1) If the position was still open and you were considering other candidates, why email and say that my second interview would be scheduled with the Department head? Why not just say that I didn't make the next process

2) They were pretty much non-existent after they sent the rejection email as I have followed up with more than one person sending them emails but, it was as if I have never existed.

I understand that the interview process involves many candidates. The least you can do is show back the professional attitude that the candidates go out of their way to show (especially when they travel from a different state because they're so interested in the organization) Atleast show them respect and apologize for the false emails and information.

Academic Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at University of Maryland (New York, NY).

Interview

I applied on the school website and heard back from them after a week or so. I got a phone call from them and made an appointment for a phone interview.

Receptionist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at University of Maryland.

Interview

It was a super easy interview. I was asked about 7 questions about my skills and previous experiences. The interview took less than 20 minutes and then I was offered the job and given orientation all in the same day!

Student Technician Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at University of Maryland.

Interview

Very basic. Asked questions regarding your experience with A/V or in customer service, what you want to do after college. Usually one or more of the managers along with a student manager will sit across from you and ask you questions. They fully acknowledge that you're still a young adult and are learning so don't panic if you mess up one of their questions. Having a positive attitude will go a long way.

Interview Questions

• What do you want to do with the things you learned from working here?   Answer Question

Librarian I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at University of Maryland (Baltimore, MD) in June 2016.

Interview

I applied in response to a vacancy specified on the university website. I filled the details of my educational and work background and was called for an interview, along with other candidates.

Interview Questions

• Tell us why do you want to work for us   1 Answer

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in College Park, MD

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at University of Maryland (College Park, MD).

Interview

The in interview did not last for more than 10 Minutes. He primarily asked me about my precious job. My projects in programming, the job was basically a web site maintenance and development of HTML pages. Also to migrate a stand alone java application to web application so most of the interview was around java.

Interview Questions

• About projects in java.
      What was your previous work?
      1 Answer

Mailroom Employee Interview

Anonymous Employee in College Park, MD

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at University of Maryland (College Park, MD) in May 2016.

Interview

Applied online through career's 4 terps. Scheduled an interview with the manager and it was a quick interview. Went over my past experience and was given a position almost immediately.

Coordinator Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 9+ months. I interviewed at University of Maryland.

Interview

Typical interview with standard behavioral interview process. 3 round of interviews: first a phone interview with a panel of four people, then an in person interview with the same panel, and finally an in person interview with the direct supervisor and department chair.

Interview Questions

• Tell us why you think you are the best candidate for this position.   Answer Question

Bus Driver Interview

Anonymous Employee in College Park, MD

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at University of Maryland (College Park, MD).

Interview

A face to face interview with a student manager. I had mine during a hiring bus at the Stamp Student Union in TerpRide. It was about 20 minutes long and included some basic questions and some scenarios. My interviewer was extremely friendly, and overall, it was a very enjoyable process.