University of Maryland Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated May 3, 2018

2.5

Clinical Research Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at University of Maryland (Baltimore, MD) in May 2018.

Interview

Contacted by one of the employers and their assistant regarding the interview time and procedure. Skype call with two of the PIs a week after being contacted via e-mail. They discussed some of the responsibilities and expectations from this position. They explained that I would be working on two different studies. I have to wait up to a week and a half for any word back.

Interview Questions

• Why did you apply to this job?   1 Answer
    • How much experience did you have with neuropsychological testing and what types of tests did you perform?   1 Answer

Graduate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at University of Maryland.

Interview

Depends on the professor and the department you are interviewing
    One advice would be to read about the professor's research areas and prepare and align your interests accordingly
    They asked about me previous experiences and after the interview told me to submit literature reviews

Student Assistant Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at University of Maryland.

Interview

Met the professor at his office, asked general questions and research history. The professor describe the job functions to you and his expectation from you. The process took about 1 hr and he immediately get you in touch with other members in the team.

Full Time Freelance Designer Interview

Anonymous Employee in College Park, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at University of Maryland (College Park, MD) in January 2018.

Interview

The Interview process was really nice and they did take the time to look at my work and gave me a test to do at home before they made their finale decision.

Interview Questions

• Why did you sign up for the position?   1 Answer

Special Events Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in College Park, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at University of Maryland (College Park, MD).

Interview

I received an email from someone in HR giving me the salary range and asking if I was still interested. I was, so she arranged a 20 min phone interview with three people from the department.

Each person asked a question, but some of the questions were actually two questions.

I made it to the next round, which was in-person interviews. This was several hours of group interviews. All questions were behavioral.

The hiring manager called personally to tell me I wasn't selected, which I appreciated. I asked for feedback and was told the selected candidate had more of the experience they were looking for.

Regarding questions asked, I went through glassdoor and noted all the behavior questions mentioned. I wasn't asked anything (that I recall) that wasn't mentioned here.

I would describe the entire process as intense, and quite drawn out, but I know that's typically the process here so I wasn't surprised by it.

GRA Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at University of Maryland.

Interview

submit the graduate school application and got a offer letter. no other interview required for phd admission. people were quite helpful and approachable. got a TA with admission and changed to RA after joining university.

Intramural Referee Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at University of Maryland.

Interview

There is no interview process. All you have to do is go to the trainings they have for the specific sport you want to ref. The trainings last about a week. The first few days are in the armory then they take you to the site you will actually be refereeing. In the classroom they teach you the rules and then on the site you practice it.

Interview Questions

• When are you available (You answer this online through a form)   1 Answer

Research Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at University of Maryland.

Interview

I submit I application via email. About a week later, I was given a phone interview. They asked me several questions about my research and future plan of my career. And after two weeks I got the job. The process was very easy.

Interview Questions

• What's your plan for the next few years?   1 Answer

Teacher Assistant Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at University of Maryland in October 2017.

Interview

First interview was a breeze. They asked questions like, “Tell me about yourself?” and basic situational issues questions, judging how you would handle problems when they arise. Second interview was more intense and filled with detailed questions.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about some professional feedbacks you’ve gotten?   Answer Question

Student Driver Interview

Anonymous Employee in College Park, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at University of Maryland (College Park, MD) in October 2017.

Interview

Very easy, simple questions to get to know you, a few situational questions. These questions are simply meant as a formality to make sure you would be okay to do the job. For students they accept nearly everyone as they need more students.