University of Maryland Medical Center Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jul 16, 2017

2.6

Clinical Research Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baltimore, MD

Interview

Completed a 45 min phone interview. Behavioral based questions. They asked my salary requirements at the end and it seemed to be an issue. Maybe it was higher than they expected. Then they had a recruiter call and question me about my qualifications and tell me how I'm not qualified. These things should have been reviewed before considering me as a candidate. There is no reason to call someone if the salary and education requirements don't align with the position requirements. Disappointing experience.

Interview Questions

Interview

phone and in person interview went great. People where great. Interview questions was basic nothing hard or tricky. I am waiting for the share time interview now. I did my get a offer yet but hopefully after this last part I will get a offer. Look like my toe of work I love hands on

Radiologic Technologist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at University of Maryland Medical Center (Baltimore, MD).

Interview

The interview very proffessional, questions were direct and related to the position. The interview was time appropriate. They were very friendly and allowed me to take the time to ask any question that I might have.

Interview Questions

• What I would expect as one of there employees?   2 Answers

Staff RN Interview

Anonymous Employee in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at University of Maryland Medical Center (Baltimore, MD) in April 2017.

Interview

Phone interview with nurse recruiter. Then a share day with one of the nurses on the unit and then an interview with the nurse manager of the unit.

Registered Nurse Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at University of Maryland Medical Center (Baltimore, MD) in March 2017.

Interview

I applied online and was called about 2 weeks later for an interview for the Neuro unit. The interview with the nurse manager was pretty relaxed. It lasted about an hour and then I spent a few hours on the unit following a nurse around to get a feel for the flow of the unit.

Human Resources Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at University of Maryland Medical Center (Baltimore, MD) in March 2017.

Interview

I put 84-days for the interview process, but technically it's still going on...

I applied and 1-month later I did a phone screening with a recruiter. The in-person interview was scheduled 2-weeks later, for another 2-weeks out. Yes, that means 1-month from the phone screening until the actual interview. During my in-person interview the manager said I had all of the qualifications they were looking for, including the ones you can’t teach. She asked if I’d be willing to come back in for a 2nd interview with a team member that wasn’t able to be there. 2-days later the recruiter asked for my salary requirements. 2-weeks later I asked the recruiter for an update since I hadn’t heard anything. 6-days later I had my 2nd interview, which was basically the 1st interview all over again, just with someone different. (BTW, if the 2nd person is unavailable for the interview, just reschedule instead of making a person come back for a repeat interview.) 2-weeks later I’ve heard nothing. The recruiter is on vacation and I received another job offer, so I e-mailed the managers letting them know and I’ve heard nothing. They’ve never responded to any of my follow up e-mails. The process has been dragging on for 3-months now and they still haven’t made a decision. Don’t waste your time.

Interview Questions

• Most of the questions were the normal run-of-the-mill kind about how you would react in certain situations.
      Why do you want to work for UMMC?
      Are you comfortable in the city environment and being around people that are coming for the methadone clinic?   Answer Question

Vocational Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at University of Maryland Medical Center (Baltimore, MD) in November 2016.

Interview

Very fast, got hired on the spot. Team members and clients sat in on the interview. The Program Manager asked very strong questions. They followed an interview question form. They fail to inform you on how overwhelming the position is and their expectations.

Radiologic Technologist Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at University of Maryland Medical Center (New York, NY).

Interview

Quote typical at first, they have you come in and interview you but then you go on to do a "shadow interview" walk around the department and meet people you'll be working with and the environment you'll work in. The hiring process takes forever between HR and the managers.

Interview Questions

• Experience and things about myself   1 Answer

Patient Care Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at University of Maryland Medical Center (Baltimore, MD).

Interview

It was quick. Telephone call from recruiter telling you what the pay is in advance and asks a few questions related to your experience. Set up interview for the following week. Interviewed very briefly with the nursing manager of unit who barely asked any hard questions. The main 'interview' I believe is with the person I shadowed for 2 hours on the unit who showed me around to get a feel of the job and workplace. This is where you should make the best impression because it is from this person that the recommendation to the nursing manager whether or not to hire you would come from. This is just my opinion.

Interview Questions

• Why did you choose this unit? What do you expect from working with us?   1 Answer

Student Nurse Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at University of Maryland Medical Center.

Interview

A recruiter contacted me telling me he found a position that he thought would suit me. He scheduled the interview and then I never heard from him again. I went to the interview and the manager was not prepared to meet me. The interview itself was fine. Felt the experience was very unprofessional.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if a patient was acting aggressively?   1 Answer