University of Maryland Medical Center Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jun 22, 2017

2.6

Clinical Research Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baltimore, MD

Interview

Completed a 45 min phone interview. Behavioral based questions. They asked my salary requirements at the end and it seemed to be an issue. Maybe it was higher than they expected. Then they had a recruiter call and question me about my qualifications and tell me how I'm not qualified. These things should have been reviewed before considering me as a candidate. There is no reason to call someone if the salary and education requirements don't align with the position requirements. Disappointing experience.

Interview Questions

Interview

phone and in person interview went great. People where great. Interview questions was basic nothing hard or tricky. I am waiting for the share time interview now. I did my get a offer yet but hopefully after this last part I will get a offer. Look like my toe of work I love hands on

Radiologic Technologist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at University of Maryland Medical Center (Baltimore, MD).

Interview

The interview very proffessional, questions were direct and related to the position. The interview was time appropriate. They were very friendly and allowed me to take the time to ask any question that I might have.

Interview Questions

• What I would expect as one of there employees?   2 Answers

Registered Nurse Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at University of Maryland Medical Center (Baltimore, MD) in March 2017.

Interview

I applied online and was called about 2 weeks later for an interview for the Neuro unit. The interview with the nurse manager was pretty relaxed. It lasted about an hour and then I spent a few hours on the unit following a nurse around to get a feel for the flow of the unit.

Human Resources Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at University of Maryland Medical Center (Baltimore, MD) in March 2017.

Interview

I put 84-days for the interview process, but technically it's still going on...

I applied and 1-month later I did a phone screening with a recruiter. The in-person interview was scheduled 2-weeks later, for another 2-weeks out. Yes, that means 1-month from the phone screening until the actual interview. During my in-person interview the manager said I had all of the qualifications they were looking for, including the ones you can’t teach. She asked if I’d be willing to come back in for a 2nd interview with a team member that wasn’t able to be there. 2-days later the recruiter asked for my salary requirements. 2-weeks later I asked the recruiter for an update since I hadn’t heard anything. 6-days later I had my 2nd interview, which was basically the 1st interview all over again, just with someone different. (BTW, if the 2nd person is unavailable for the interview, just reschedule instead of making a person come back for a repeat interview.) 2-weeks later I’ve heard nothing. The recruiter is on vacation and I received another job offer, so I e-mailed the managers letting them know and I’ve heard nothing. They’ve never responded to any of my follow up e-mails. The process has been dragging on for 3-months now and they still haven’t made a decision. Don’t waste your time.

Interview Questions

• Most of the questions were the normal run-of-the-mill kind about how you would react in certain situations.
      Why do you want to work for UMMC?
      Are you comfortable in the city environment and being around people that are coming for the methadone clinic?
      Answer Question

Radiologic Technologist Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at University of Maryland Medical Center (New York, NY).

Interview

Quote typical at first, they have you come in and interview you but then you go on to do a "shadow interview" walk around the department and meet people you'll be working with and the environment you'll work in. The hiring process takes forever between HR and the managers.

Interview Questions

• Experience and things about myself   1 Answer

Patient Care Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at University of Maryland Medical Center (Baltimore, MD).

Interview

It was quick. Telephone call from recruiter telling you what the pay is in advance and asks a few questions related to your experience. Set up interview for the following week. Interviewed very briefly with the nursing manager of unit who barely asked any hard questions. The main 'interview' I believe is with the person I shadowed for 2 hours on the unit who showed me around to get a feel of the job and workplace. This is where you should make the best impression because it is from this person that the recommendation to the nursing manager whether or not to hire you would come from. This is just my opinion.

Interview Questions

• Why did you choose this unit? What do you expect from working with us?   1 Answer

Student Nurse Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at University of Maryland Medical Center.

Interview

A recruiter contacted me telling me he found a position that he thought would suit me. He scheduled the interview and then I never heard from him again. I went to the interview and the manager was not prepared to meet me. The interview itself was fine. Felt the experience was very unprofessional.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if a patient was acting aggressively?   1 Answer

Unit Secretary Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at University of Maryland Medical Center (Baltimore, MD) in May 2016.

Interview

Once I applied online and got an email quickly. They requested that I take the assessment test. After this I got a call that asked me to come in for an interview. It seemed as I had two interviews but real the first was just coming into the HR building to sign papers. After this I was sent to the department of the hospital to meet the sup I would be working under. She went over my resume and spoke with me for about this for 5 mins asking questions. After she told me about her department for 10 mins. Next she asked if I had questions. After this was over she sent me to shadow the person on duty and said I could stay for as long as possible. I stayed an hour shadowing. 10 days went by and I was given an offer that I was asked to agree to in 2 days to meet the start date in 3 weeks. The offer of salary was given but not the benefits. I asked for this information and was told I could not discuss this till after I gave her ssn and dob. I am starting to negotiate now.

Interview Questions

• How does your experience translate? Have you ever worked in a hospital? Tell me about your last job?   Answer Question

Utilization Review Nurse Interview

Anonymous Employee in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at University of Maryland Medical Center (Baltimore, MD) in April 2016.

Interview

Interviewed with a few different people. They were very flexible with scheduling. Human resources can be very slow with pushing your application through to the hiring manager. You interview with human resources first and then the hiring manager and those in the department. Depending on the job you are applying for, you many have to interview with 10 or more people.

Interview Questions

• How do you see your experience as a nurse helping you with this position?   Answer Question