University of Maryland Medical Center Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Dec 27, 2017

2.6

Emergency Department-non Clinical Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at University of Maryland Medical Center (Baltimore, MD) in October 2017.

Interview

i had to walk over to the hospital to the admissions office from the employment center like walking thru race course due to all the construction going on. I interviewed with 2 people that were nice enough did not ask a lot of questions i felt like i should ask more questions to let them know i was really interested in the job

Interview Questions

• my available and last job worked and current job duties   Answer Question

Registered Nurse I Interview

Anonymous Employee in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at University of Maryland Medical Center (Baltimore, MD).

Interview

I was reached out by the nurse recruiter who scheduled an interview for shock trauma. The phone interview was extensive but gave a great overview of what kind of candidates they're looking for. They also go into detail about the history of the hospital and benefits which is great to know. I then had a day to interview for the nurse manager and shadow. I ended up loving the unit but the final say is in the nurse recruiters hands. The recruiter called back two days later and offered me a position. It was very quick and happened all in the same week. Took about a week and a half to first get a phone interview after the initial application .

Interview Questions

• How do you feel you can contribute to the culture of this unit?   Answer Question
    • What are three things you're looking for when applying to jobs?   Answer Question
    • What will be the biggest obstacle for you as a new graduate nurse?   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at University of Maryland Medical Center.

Interview

There were various steps, starting with an interview with the HR department then there will be a interview with the pharmacy director and coordinator. And if other employees are available then you will be asked a few question and you will be able to ask them questions. Then you will be showed around the department.

Interview Questions

• What are your strengths?   1 Answer
    • How well do you do with other employees?   1 Answer

Clinical Research Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baltimore, MD

Interview

Completed a 45 min phone interview. Behavioral based questions. They asked my salary requirements at the end and it seemed to be an issue. Maybe it was higher than they expected. Then they had a recruiter call and question me about my qualifications and tell me how I'm not qualified. These things should have been reviewed before considering me as a candidate. There is no reason to call someone if the salary and education requirements don't align with the position requirements. Disappointing experience.

Interview Questions

Interview

phone and in person interview went great. People where great. Interview questions was basic nothing hard or tricky. I am waiting for the share time interview now. I did my get a offer yet but hopefully after this last part I will get a offer. Look like my toe of work I love hands on

Radiologic Technologist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at University of Maryland Medical Center (Baltimore, MD).

Interview

The interview very proffessional, questions were direct and related to the position. The interview was time appropriate. They were very friendly and allowed me to take the time to ask any question that I might have.

Interview Questions

• What I would expect as one of there employees?   2 Answers

Staff RN Interview

Anonymous Employee in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at University of Maryland Medical Center (Baltimore, MD) in April 2017.

Interview

Phone interview with nurse recruiter. Then a share day with one of the nurses on the unit and then an interview with the nurse manager of the unit.

Human Resources Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at University of Maryland Medical Center (Baltimore, MD) in March 2017.

Interview

I put 84-days for the interview process, but technically it's still going on...

I applied and 1-month later I did a phone screening with a recruiter. The in-person interview was scheduled 2-weeks later, for another 2-weeks out. Yes, that means 1-month from the phone screening until the actual interview. During my in-person interview the manager said I had all of the qualifications they were looking for, including the ones you can’t teach. She asked if I’d be willing to come back in for a 2nd interview with a team member that wasn’t able to be there. 2-days later the recruiter asked for my salary requirements. 2-weeks later I asked the recruiter for an update since I hadn’t heard anything. 6-days later I had my 2nd interview, which was basically the 1st interview all over again, just with someone different. (BTW, if the 2nd person is unavailable for the interview, just reschedule instead of making a person come back for a repeat interview.) 2-weeks later I’ve heard nothing. The recruiter is on vacation and I received another job offer, so I e-mailed the managers letting them know and I’ve heard nothing. They’ve never responded to any of my follow up e-mails. The process has been dragging on for 3-months now and they still haven’t made a decision. Don’t waste your time.

Interview Questions

• Most of the questions were the normal run-of-the-mill kind about how you would react in certain situations.
      Why do you want to work for UMMC?
      Are you comfortable in the city environment and being around people that are coming for the methadone clinic?   Answer Question

Registered Nurse Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at University of Maryland Medical Center (Baltimore, MD) in March 2017.

Interview

I applied online and was called about 2 weeks later for an interview for the Neuro unit. The interview with the nurse manager was pretty relaxed. It lasted about an hour and then I spent a few hours on the unit following a nurse around to get a feel for the flow of the unit.

Vocational Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at University of Maryland Medical Center (Baltimore, MD) in November 2016.

Interview

Very fast, got hired on the spot. Team members and clients sat in on the interview. The Program Manager asked very strong questions. They followed an interview question form. They fail to inform you on how overwhelming the position is and their expectations.