Cover image for University of Maryland

Engaged Employer

Add an Interview

University of Maryland Research Assistant Interview Questions

Updated Dec 8, 2020

To filter interviews, or .
Found 14 of over 315 interviews

Campus Recruiting20%
2.2
HardAverageEasy

University of Maryland

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at University of Maryland

Interview

Just had to provide my C.V. and explain how my experience fit with the role. Just make sure to underscore your interest in the research and have appropriate technical skills for the job.

Interview Questions
  • What is your experience with Python?
    Answer Question

University of Maryland

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at University of Maryland in May 2019

Interview

I was invited to the research department facility after a few short emails, the attire and atmosphere was very casual and informal and most of it was determined based off of your pre-existing skills and character.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

What people are saying about University of Maryland

Join the conversation on

Career Advice for Students

5m

works at

University of Maryland Global Campus

Hi everyone, I am currently a third year finance student at university of maryland global campus. I work full time and go to school full time. I have four years of customer service and i am an assistant manager at a small hotel. I applied to multiple internships but dint got any offer. I also have a 3.5 gpa right now and I’m just not sure as to why I don’t even get an interview… is it because my school is not very know or does it make a huge impact?

9 Comments

Join the conversation on

University of Maryland

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at University of Maryland in Aug 2018

Interview

Overall smooth and efficient interviewing process. Very personable and friendly. I was able to build rapport with the interviewer, which helped the interview seem more intimate. The interviewer created an excellent working environment for potential candidates to be a part of.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

University of Maryland

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at University of Maryland

Interview

I submit I application via email. About a week later, I was given a phone interview. They asked me several questions about my research and future plan of my career. And after two weeks I got the job. The process was very easy.

Interview Questions
  • What's your plan for the next few years?

Anonymous Employee in College Park, MD

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at University of Maryland (College Park, MD) in Sep 2015

Interview

She has a talk with me, asks my background, what I have done before, why I choose this group, why I choose her, my interest and my future career goal.

Interview Questions
  • How long can you work in one week?
  • What is your future career goal?

Anonymous Employee in College Park, MD

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at University of Maryland (College Park, MD) in Feb 2015

Interview

Talk with the professor who leads the lab you want to go. The professor will give you an introduction of the lab and see if you are passionate about the research work.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in College Park, MD

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at University of Maryland (College Park, MD) in May 2014

Interview

The initial approach takes place in academic conference, later will be a statement of interests and thereafter a week or two in understanding and approaching the research problem. It will be asked to present in first or second week in group meeting presenting past work and research. This presentation usually works as an alignment of interests between the potential researcher and research group.

Interview Questions
  • Which computer language do you use and what mathematical algorithms you have used in the past?

Anonymous Employee in College Park, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at University of Maryland (College Park, MD) in Mar 2014

Interview

Simple, straight forward, you get a call based on your networking skills with the interviewer. If you know the interviewer before hand, then it is a benefit, else chances are grim.

Interview Questions
  • How do you think you can fit in to the project?

Anonymous Employee in College Park, MD

Application

I interviewed at University of Maryland (College Park, MD)

Interview

i submit a package of application forms, including everything it needs. Based on my performance, it directly sent an email notifying that i am admitted

Anonymous Employee in College Park, MD

Application

I interviewed at University of Maryland (College Park, MD)

Interview

I was contacted by the PI (Principal Investigator) herself regarding an interview. She did not ask any questions except for availability for an in-person interview. The in-person interview was very sterile - exactly what you would expect. All of the questions you would easily find on any website about typical interviewing questions. I also had no opportunity to speak with other employees. Afterwards, a week plus several days went by before HR contacted me with the job offer. I was not able to negotiate salary.

Interview Questions
  • No questions were particularly difficult or unexpected. Though I did not realize it at the time, this particular PI used silence often to manipulate people into talking more than they were planning. Looking back, she certainly did this in the interview as well.
1 person found this interview helpful