KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

Engaged Employer

Add an Interview

University of Maryland Student Assistant Interview Questions

Updated Jun 12, 2018

To filter interviews, or .
Found 6 of over 316 interviews

Employee Referral17%
1.8
HardAverageEasy

University of Maryland

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at University of Maryland

Interview

They had me come in in person. Everyone was really nice. The interview wasn't intense at all. They mostly wanted to hear about my experience and if I'm good to work with.

Interview Questions
  • Tell me about your experience
    Answer Question

University of Maryland

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at University of Maryland

Interview

Met the professor at his office, asked general questions and research history. The professor describe the job functions to you and his expectation from you. The process took about 1 hr and he immediately get you in touch with other members in the team.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

What people are saying about University of Maryland

Join the conversation on

Career Advice for Students

5m

works at

University of Maryland Global Campus

Hi everyone, I am currently a third year finance student at university of maryland global campus. I work full time and go to school full time. I have four years of customer service and i am an assistant manager at a small hotel. I applied to multiple internships but dint got any offer. I also have a 3.5 gpa right now and I’m just not sure as to why I don’t even get an interview… is it because my school is not very know or does it make a huge impact?

9 Comments

Join the conversation on

Anonymous Employee in College Park, MD

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at University of Maryland (College Park, MD)

Interview

Interviewed with two people asking you questions. Questions were fairly simple and the interview seemed to center a lot around how to treat a customer on the phone. The interview was in person and didn't last more than 30 minutes.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in College Park, MD

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at University of Maryland (College Park, MD) in Aug 2015

Interview

The position I interviewed did not ask a lot of questions. Just Basic questions. Some technical positions may ask questions regarding your qualifications as mentioned on resume. Getting part-time job on campus is quiet easy as long as you know where the position is available.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in College Park, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at University of Maryland (College Park, MD) in Feb 2014

Interview

It was quite casual which was nice, since it was my first time interviewing and also they were really nice regarding describing my role in the job and how I would be working at the office. Also all the people were very welcoming of a new student assistant coming to the office to help with the work.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in Rockville, MD

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at University of Maryland (Rockville, MD) in Feb 2012

Interview

The interview is very easy. It is more important for you to show that you are a responsible person. The interview does not focus on your work experiences. GPA is important when you are applying for a student assistant job. If you have a 3.0 that would be good enough. Some volunteer work in the past would be a plus.

In