University of Maryland Interview Questions in Washington, DC | Glassdoor

2.4

91 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Student Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in College Park, MD

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at University of Maryland (College Park, MD).

Interview

Interviewed with two people asking you questions. Questions were fairly simple and the interview seemed to center a lot around how to treat a customer on the phone. The interview was in person and didn't last more than 30 minutes.

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in College Park, MD

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at University of Maryland (College Park, MD).

Interview

The in interview did not last for more than 10 Minutes. He primarily asked me about my precious job. My projects in programming, the job was basically a web site maintenance and development of HTML pages. Also to migrate a stand alone java application to web application so most of the interview was around java.

Interview Questions

• About projects in java.
      What was your previous work?   1 Answer

Mailroom Employee Interview

Anonymous Employee in College Park, MD

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at University of Maryland (College Park, MD) in May 2016.

Interview

Applied online through career's 4 terps. Scheduled an interview with the manager and it was a quick interview. Went over my past experience and was given a position almost immediately.

Bus Driver Interview

Anonymous Employee in College Park, MD

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at University of Maryland (College Park, MD).

Interview

A face to face interview with a student manager. I had mine during a hiring bus at the Stamp Student Union in TerpRide. It was about 20 minutes long and included some basic questions and some scenarios. My interviewer was extremely friendly, and overall, it was a very enjoyable process.

Graduate Student Interview

Anonymous Employee in College Park, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at University of Maryland (College Park, MD) in February 2016.

Interview

Interview for School Counseling program consisted of a full day including an equity small group discussion, Q&A, small group interview, and writing sample. Gives very good information about the program itself. Small group interview was interesting in that it only consisted of the interviewer asking questions one at a time and going around to speak. I would recommend making sure you look like a team player in the small group interview, rather than just talking to get a word in. Personally, I made sure to comment on others' contributions as well.

Interview Questions

• Q: What is one stressful situation you have encountered and what were the steps you took to overcome it?   Answer Question

IT Student Support Interview

Anonymous Employee in College Park, MD

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at University of Maryland (College Park, MD) in February 2016.

Interview

The interview was regarding an implementation of a new project whose starting point was a project I had mentioned in my resume. The project I mentioned was about developing a 3-tier client/server application which replicated an online shopping model. The project my employer had in mind was to write a client program in Linux which upon given an HTML link would ping the server and seek out HTML page which was to be stored and parsed to mine a specific content.

Interview Questions

• How did you implement a 3-tier client/server architecture?   1 Answer
    • What would one have to do to create a client program which fetches and parses html information for a given website?   1 Answer

Negotiation

It was pretty smooth. I asked him for a price, and he said yes about it.

Graduate Research Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in College Park, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at University of Maryland (College Park, MD) in February 2016.

Interview

Once you apply for a PhD at the application portal your profile is sent to the individual professors mentioned in the statement of purpose. You are shorlisted and interviewed and maybe recommended for fellowship.

Interview Questions

• What was your previous research experience and how is it related to the work done here?   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in College Park, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at University of Maryland (College Park, MD) in January 2016.

Interview

Phone interview with multiple interviewers. Started as a Skype interview but their connection kept dropping. Interviewers were very nice and had interesting things to say in response to my questions.

Interview Questions

• Some programming, mostly behavioral.   1 Answer

Event Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in College Park, MD

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at University of Maryland (College Park, MD) in October 2015.

Interview

Simple and easy because they ask basic stuffs, and they just hire who had interviews. Also, they hired other college students. They have the shortage of workers, so they hire a lot of students.

Graduate Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in College Park, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at University of Maryland (College Park, MD) in September 2015.

Interview

I applied online through the university's job posting website. My would-be supervisor contacted me about an interview. We arranged it. I sat down with the supervisor and office assistant. I was asked some questions regarding my skills and experience. They reacted positively to my answers and offered me the job the following day.

Interview Questions

• Do you have experience in film editing?   1 Answer
    • Are you available for three semesters of employment?   1 Answer