University of Massachusetts Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Nov 1, 2017

2.3

Research Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Amherst, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at University of Massachusetts (Amherst, MA).

Interview

I looked at the professor's work and like it. It matched my interests thus applied. They asked me mostly from resume and machine learning questions. Interview process was informal. I received a call from professor and was asked questions about my experience and machine learning. Then I went for a 1:1 discussion.

Interview Questions

• machine learning questions and questions based on my previous work   Answer Question

Off Campus Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Amherst, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at University of Massachusetts (Amherst, MA) in May 2016.

Interview

I had to create a video application and then was asked one on one some quick questions about myself and what I would do in certain situations. This was not very formal and led to a good relationship.

Co-Op Student Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lowell, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at University of Massachusetts (Lowell, MA) in March 2016.

Interview

Interview Process was fairly simple. Only had one interview with my current boss. It was the first job I had applied to as a Co-Op student and was pleasantly surprised when I was selected to work in the IT department from about 8 other students that were competing for the position.

Interview Questions

• Why do you think you are a good fit for this job   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation necessary.

Research Fellow Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lowell, MA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at University of Massachusetts (Lowell, MA).

Interview

General questions regarding the job skill were asked. It was site interview instead of phone interview. . Excellent organization and communication skills were required to prepare the report or SOP for the experiment. Software skill and database management also required for huge data set prepared from experiment daily/project basis. There was a question regarding the authorization status in working eligibility (visa support or green card/citizenship)

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at University of Massachusetts in December 2015.

Interview

I was referred by a colleague from a previous job to work at the library, and I contacted the supervisor who asked me to come in to sign paperwork. The interview was a formality: as long as you can work the hours and are trainable, it is likely that you will get the job.

Graduate Research Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Amherst, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at University of Massachusetts (Amherst, NY).

Interview

Questions about your interests regarding research and future plans. You can look up the professors online to see what types of research they do and then schedule a meeting with professors who's research interests you the most. Also make sure to check to see if the professors could offer you funding if that is important to you.

Conference Housing Desk Attendant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Amherst, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at University of Massachusetts (Amherst, MA) in June 2015.

Interview

Ten min meeting consisting of about three questions. Super easy, low stress environment. Interview was scheduled in a week after I submitted my application. Took a couple days to hear back.

Department Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Amherst, MA

Interview

Interview questions based directly on qualifications, skills and experience listed on job description. First interview was with the hiring committee which was a panel of 5. After passing that round was invited back for a one on one interview with hiring authority, who would be the direct manager for the position. Both rounds were friendly and professional.

Interview Questions

• Asked to tell about experience using the specific software listed on job description   Answer Question

Graduate Research Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at University of Massachusetts (Boston, MA) in February 2015.

Interview

While we unfortunately can't read minds, we'll give you the next best thing: a list of the 31 most commonly asked interview questions and answers.

While we don't recommend having a canned response for every interview question (in fact, please don't), we do recommend spending some time getting comfortable with what you might be asked, what hiring managers are really looking for in your responses, and what it takes to show that you're the right man or woman for the job.

Interview Questions

• Wouldn't it be great if you knew exactly what a hiring manager would be asking you in your next interview?   1 Answer

Ra Interview

Anonymous Employee in Amherst, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at University of Massachusetts (Amherst, MA) in January 2015.

Interview

they h.ad two round - individual and group. the individual is a 1:1 with 2 to 3 current RAs and senior members of ResLife. The people are super friendly and ask questions pertaining to your resume and job expectations.