University of Massachusetts Interview Questions | Glassdoor

University of Massachusetts Interview Questions

2.3

Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Amherst, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at University of Massachusetts (Amherst, MA) in December 2009.

Interview

I had a phone interview, and told that there were 10 being interviewed. I was invited to campus and given about 5 days to prepare a presentation. I presented to a group of people and then met with the person I would be working for. I was told that due to the holidays i would hear in January. I did not hear until a letter came in march that I did not get the job, which I had figured out by then.

Interview Questions

• What do you do to relieve stress   1 Answer
    • Why do you want this job when this is a new area for you?   1 Answer

Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Shrewsbury, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at University of Massachusetts (Shrewsbury, MA) in October 2013.

Interview

I applied for the job and was contacted after about a month since they leave their job posting open for about 30 days to get a good pool of candidates. It was a 3 step interview process. All interviews were in person and with people I would be directly working with.

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in North Dartmouth, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at University of Massachusetts (North Dartmouth, MA) in December 2012.

Interview

Wait months for a call. Sit with 5 panel committee. Wait more. Get job. Report. No orientation to speak of. Make connections and you'll get by. If you don't get it you usually won't get a phone call.

.....

Interview Questions

• Prioritization mostly. Know your titles and who gets your attn first. Start with Chancellor then work your way down.   Answer Question

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Amherst, MA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at University of Massachusetts (Amherst, MA) in January 2010.

Interview

I was recruited by a colleague who knew my work. I interviewed with that colleague and the program director.

Graduate Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at University of Massachusetts (Boston, MA) in January 2012.

Interview

Applied through the postings on the graduate blog. Then got in touch with the professor. 2 stage interview.

Interview Questions

• Asked the best practices for the things that I will do during my assistantship.   Answer Question

Graduate Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in North Dartmouth, MA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at University of Massachusetts (North Dartmouth, MA) in July 2010.

Interview

Interviewed with the professor who I applied for. He's nice and asked few questions about my computer/office skill and how I know his previous assistant. He wanted to make sure is there any communication problem since I'm a foreign student. He wrote down my email address and mobile phone number and tell me the department committee will make the final decision.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

The work time schedule could be discussed with the professor.

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at University of Massachusetts (Boston, MA) in February 2015.

Interview

While we unfortunately can't read minds, we'll give you the next best thing: a list of the 31 most commonly asked interview questions and answers.

While we don't recommend having a canned response for every interview question (in fact, please don't), we do recommend spending some time getting comfortable with what you might be asked, what hiring managers are really looking for in your responses, and what it takes to show that you're the right man or woman for the job.

Interview Questions

• Wouldn't it be great if you knew exactly what a hiring manager would be asking you in your next interview?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Amherst, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at University of Massachusetts (Amherst, NY).

Interview

Questions about your interests regarding research and future plans. You can look up the professors online to see what types of research they do and then schedule a meeting with professors who's research interests you the most. Also make sure to check to see if the professors could offer you funding if that is important to you.

Anonymous Employee in North Amherst, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at University of Massachusetts (North Amherst, MA) in September 2011.

Interview

Overview of skills and background

Interview Questions

Negotiation

N/A

Graduate Student Interview

Anonymous Employee in Worcester, MA

Application

The process took 3 days. I interviewed at University of Massachusetts (Worcester, MA) in February 2008.

Interview

This was a typical graduate school application process. I Applied in December of 2007, and was asked to interview in February. The school paid for my flight, hotel, and food for the 3-day interview. The weekend consisted of dinner parties with faculty and students every night, followed by bar trips and/or parties. I interviewed with 4 professors for 30 minutes each on the actual interview day, and all interviews were conversational. They asked about my own undergraduate research, my interests, and why I wanted to go to graduate school. I asked about their research, and listened for the remaining time as they regaled me with their scientific knowledge.

Interview Questions

• I was asked to design an experiment for a project I was unfamiliar with.   Answer Question

Negotiation

no negotiation. Take it or leave it. This school has a very competitive stipend.