University of Melbourne Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Sep 16, 2017

3.4

5 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

IT Interview

Interview

Behavioural Interview. They consist of questions that require you to reflect on your experiences and present specific real-life examples to demonstrate your skills. Behavioural questions generally begin with the following phrases:

Tell me about a time when...
        Give me an example of...
        Describe a situation when you...

Partnership Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Melbourne (Australia)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at University of Melbourne (Melbourne (Australia)) in May 2017.

Interview

Online application portal is cumbersome and lengthy needing to enter in CV details manually and within defined dropdown categories. Took a month for review, and scheduled interview a month later. Recruitment being completed within team rather than by HR but managed adequately, though had to follow up on correspondence and outcome.

Interview Questions

• Management style - both within a team and within a complex organisational structure   Answer Question

Graduate Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Melbourne (Australia)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at University of Melbourne (Melbourne (Australia)) in March 2016.

Interview

Application - Online test - Video interview - Assessment centre - Offer
    Quite hard since you will be given only 15 seconds to read the questions and prepare before the camera starts to record.
    Be prepared well before you hit the interview button!

Student Services Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Melbourne (Australia)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at University of Melbourne (Melbourne (Australia)) in February 2016.

Interview

Applied online and received an phone call for an interview invite about a week later. Was interviewed by a panel of three and each one asked at least two questions.

Interview Questions

• Are you familiar with any University software applications?   Answer Question
    • How have you implemented policy and procedure in the past?   Answer Question
    • Why are you a good fit for the role?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time you had to deal with a difficult situation and what did you do?   Answer Question

Senior Professional Role Interview

Interview

I was an internal applicant, known to the department. The 'behavioural interviewing' technique was employed in the interview. So far, so good until it came to being notified of the outcome: I didn't hear a thing. After 10 days I sent an email to the member of staff in charge of organising the interview - no reply. Feeling mightily p*ssed off, I emailed the chair of the selection panel, politely requesting he indicate whether or not I had been successful. Again, no reply. I wasn't particularly upset that I (obviously) hadn't got the position, but was appalled at the thoroughly unprofessional behaviour of the recruiters. So disgusted was I, that at that point I decided I no longer wanted to work for the University and I have since moved on.