University of Melbourne Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jan 18, 2018

2.9

Laboratory Demonstrator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Melbourne (Australia)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at University of Melbourne (Melbourne (Australia)) in January 2017.

Interview

I was interviewed by the course coordinator in the office. I was asked about my previous experience in laboratory demonstration, my education background as well as my opinion or how would I react to several conditions that I might face during the class. I was informed on the outcome of the interview on the spot at the end of the interview process.

Interview Questions

• How would you usually react to students' questions?   1 Answer

Lecturer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Melbourne (Australia)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at University of Melbourne (Melbourne (Australia)) in February 2013.

Interview

A standard academic interview process: research presentation, mock lecture and standard interview. It lasted 3 days and was weired because of co-presence of other candidates. Prefer the US process: more pleasant experience and efficient.

IT Interview

Interview

Behavioural Interview. They consist of questions that require you to reflect on your experiences and present specific real-life examples to demonstrate your skills. Behavioural questions generally begin with the following phrases:

Tell me about a time when...
        Give me an example of...
        Describe a situation when you...

Partnership Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Melbourne (Australia)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at University of Melbourne (Melbourne (Australia)) in May 2017.

Interview

Online application portal is cumbersome and lengthy needing to enter in CV details manually and within defined dropdown categories. Took a month for review, and scheduled interview a month later. Recruitment being completed within team rather than by HR but managed adequately, though had to follow up on correspondence and outcome.

Interview Questions

• Management style - both within a team and within a complex organisational structure   Answer Question

Telethon Caller Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Melbourne (Australia)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ weeks. I interviewed at University of Melbourne (Melbourne (Australia)) in March 2017.

Interview

A few weeks after sending out the application I was invited in for a group interview along around 20 other people. It went for about 2 hours and half of that time was taken up by them explaining the work and responsibilities to us. For the other half we answered questions either individually or in groups and did a short role-play where we had to pretend to be in the telethon and making a call.

Communication Administrator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Melbourne (Australia)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at University of Melbourne (Melbourne (Australia)) in September 2016.

Interview

Was referred internally for the position. The interview was relatively informal and was conducted in a cafeteria by three managers. Being a student, the hiring manager made me feel at ease.

Tutor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Melbourne (Australia)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at University of Melbourne (Melbourne (Australia)) in January 2016.

Interview

They asked to pretend as if they were students and to help them work through a problem. They then moved onto asking general questions about why I wanted to be a tutor and what I liked about the subject I was applying for.

Interview Questions

• They asked about previous experience and why you wanted to be a tutor.   1 Answer

Student Services Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Melbourne (Australia)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at University of Melbourne (Melbourne (Australia)) in February 2016.

Interview

Applied online and received an phone call for an interview invite about a week later. Was interviewed by a panel of three and each one asked at least two questions.

Interview Questions

• Are you familiar with any University software applications?   Answer Question
    • How have you implemented policy and procedure in the past?   Answer Question
    • Why are you a good fit for the role?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time you had to deal with a difficult situation and what did you do?   Answer Question

Change and Communication Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Melbourne (Australia)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at University of Melbourne (Melbourne (Australia)) in January 2015.

Interview

The process was reasonably straight forward. I was interviewed by the change practice lead and program manager. They tended to keep their questions focused towards communication as opposed to change management. Most of the discussion was focused around stakeholder engagement and management, and my experience around moving resistant stakeholders. They tended to focus only on work and did not ask any character or personal-related questions. From that, I concluded that it was more of a transactional cultural.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time when you had to deal with a stakeholder who didn't support a change you were enabling.   Answer Question

Graduate Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Melbourne (Australia)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at University of Melbourne (Melbourne (Australia)) in March 2016.

Interview

Application - Online test - Video interview - Assessment centre - Offer
    Quite hard since you will be given only 15 seconds to read the questions and prepare before the camera starts to record.
    Be prepared well before you hit the interview button!