University of Melbourne Research Assistant Interview Questions | Glassdoor

University of Melbourne Research Assistant Interview Questions

Interviews at University of Melbourne

2.8

Research Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Melbourne (Australia)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at University of Melbourne (Melbourne (Australia)) in September 2011.

Interview

Long procedure. Initial was a phone conversation to the Professor. I was asked to come and meet him to have a direct interview. The interview took half a day and I was asked to summarise my skills and write a report at the end of it.

Also was asked to understand the work of the lab and talk to other members. It was a tiring and long interview process.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself 10 years from now.   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation

Other Interview Reviews for University of Melbourne

Research Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Melbourne (Australia)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at University of Melbourne (Melbourne (Australia)) in November 2014.

Interview

I was referred by a lecturer from a class project. From there I was put in touch with the head of the project who then arranged a 10 minute sit down extremely informal interview.

Research Assistant Interview

Interview

Very chill, past research experience and what are your interests, the stuff you have worked on, if any paper has been published. That is pretty much it lol. and more about a discussion rather than a formal interview

Research Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at University of Melbourne.

Interview

Interviewed for two roles, always by a panel of 3 or more. Both interviews were fairly relaxed and interviewers friendly and welcoming. Interviews were a combinations of usual questions (tell us about yourself) and behavioural questions i.e. In this scenario, what would you do?

Interview Questions

• What difficulties may you run into when recruiting individuals to genetics research?   Answer Question