University of Memphis Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jul 2, 2017

2.4

Local Technical Support Provider Interview

Anonymous Employee in Memphis, TN

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at University of Memphis (Memphis, TN) in February 2016.

Interview

The interview process was not too difficult. The director called me himself to ask if I was interested in coming in for an interview. It was one group interview with the director and about 4 members of his team.

Desk Attendant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Memphis, TN

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at University of Memphis (Memphis, TN).

Interview

It was informal, and the Assistant Area Coordinator (AAC) was trying to get an understanding of your personality and your work ethic. The AAC is personable and see if you can fit into the work environment. The basic thing is that the person being interviewed will be a good fit for the company.

Graduate Assistant Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at University of Memphis.

Interview

I contacted a professor while applying in a graduate program. We had regular communications over e-mail to explore potential research topics. The professor was satisfied and recommended me for an admission.

Interview Questions

• My professor asked me to explore research topics related to biological literature mining.   Answer Question

IT Support Interview

Anonymous Employee in Memphis, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at University of Memphis (Memphis, TN) in August 2015.

Interview

The hiring process is simple and easy. You will have to just sell yourself of how you would be a good part of the company.The campus is completing projects of making it more eco friendly. So this makes it a campus of empathy and efficiency. The order of operations is great and staff on campus is friendly. It doesn't matter where you are on campus you're going to have a great experiences!!

Student Worker Interview

Anonymous Employee in Memphis, TN

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at University of Memphis (Memphis, TN) in July 2015.

Interview

When filling out the FASA I said I was interested in a student-worker job, used the online search for student worker positions, went in to the office and said I was interested. I had my resume and gave to the office coordinator and was called like the next day. Talked to the Office director for about five minutes and was hired. Filled out paper work with the coordinator and started the first day of school

Interview Questions

Interview

2 interviews- (this was 12 years ago. Note that below they only go back to 2010) 1 in HR, 1 by hiring PI. They were nice, fair, asked questions about past research, future plans, etc. They seemed to decide very quickly and they kept their word on the callback. Also kept word on subsequent salary raise based on performance.

Interview Questions

• They asked about my educational aspirations. I wanted to attend graduate school, but did not want to put them off hiring me. Finding a balanced answer was tricky.   Answer Question

Graduate Student/Researcher Interview

Anonymous Employee in Memphis, TN

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at University of Memphis (Memphis, TN) in June 2014.

Interview

I met with one of the counselors. I was contacted via email and showed interest in the position. There were a few follow up emails, phone calls, etc. I then met the professor I would be working with primarily in person.

IT Technical Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Memphis, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at University of Memphis (Memphis, TN) in January 2014.

Interview

It's usually in a computer lab in one of the campus buildings. You will first be asked to introduce yourself.

Then you will take a typing test. The minimum they require is 40WPM for the IT Technical Assistant position.

After this, you will be asked to go on eCourseware to write a short essay on how to troubleshoot something as well as a quiz on computer terminology and customer service. If I recall you will need to score at least an 80% to be considered further.

After you're done with the eCourseware portion they may do one of two things.

1. You can leave and they will determine who they want to hire over the next couple of days. This might happen if they schedule the interview during busy times.

2. They'll ask you to sit quietly, and once everyone is done, two of the supervisors will leave the room and call 2-3 people out for a small Q&A at a time until they cover everyone. You'll probably be asked one question only. If they do this, chances are good that they will announce who they will hire after everyone has been called. As for the types of questions, it varies greatly. If you boast about your technical still they'll probably ask you how to troubleshoot something. If they notice something in your job history that's a bit unusual, they'll ask about that.

Interview Questions

• Did you leave your last place of employment on a happy note?   1 Answer

Graduate Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Memphis, TN

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at University of Memphis (Memphis, TN) in August 2013.

Interview

I am International Student. I got admitted in the Graduate school for Masters Degree in Computer Science, University of memphis for Fall 2013. I had Applied for the Graduate Assistant Position in the August. I got the Assistant ship in the last week of August. There was no Interview for this postion.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at University of Memphis.

Interview

Typical university, long and drawn out

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Salary set, added moving expenses